Excel Question - columns of weeks for weighin results

I can't have anymore chocolate today. I over indulged when the candy person came to work and I
purchased gummy bears, swedish fish and orange/chocolate strings!!!!

The graph only shows ONE weight per month - did you do that or is that auomatic???

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:49:03 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>To see where the data is mapped from just click on the graphed line. The data ranges will be
>highlighted for you.
>
>All that I did to create the graph is to create the 2 columns: Date & weight. The software assumes
>that the first variable is the x axis (left to right). It has been formated to use the date format
>in the form of mm/dd/yy. This will automatically put the dates at the bottom of the graph. The data
>is set up as weekly to represent my unofficial WW weighins. The next column (weight) is the y-axis
>(up and down).

Ah, I found out how to change the displayed values. One thing, since my chart extends to the right,
is it possible to place a label on the right vertical axis. I don't see anything in Help or just the
charting variables to allow that but I'm sure it must be there???

Hey, thanks - examples like this are what helped me learn dbaseII and Lotus and Basic years ago. Of
course, maybe being a former cobol programmer helped (or hindered (G))

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:49:03 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>To see where the data is mapped from just click on the graphed line. The data ranges will be
>highlighted for you.
>
>All that I did to create the graph is to create the 2 columns: Date & weight. The software assumes
>that the first variable is the x axis (left to right). It has been formated to use the date format
>in the form of mm/dd/yy. This will automatically put the dates at the bottom of the graph. The data
>is set up as weekly to represent my unofficial WW weighins. The next column (weight) is the y-axis
>(up and down).
>
>Now go have a chocolate for me. I've run out of points for today.
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I like it. Now to see if I can learn from it (G)
>>
>> Like how you got labels that are monthly? Where the data was mapped from, etc, etc.. It may
>> involves years of exploration in which I will have no time to consume Miss Meringues or dried
>> fruit or chocolates! (G)
>>
>> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:20:00 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Nothing fancy but try this:
>http://home.att.net/~extra623/weightchart.xls.
>> >
>> >Just change your dates & weights to match yours. You will have to go into the chart (right click
>> >weight axis) and adjust the max/min weights to
>match
>> >yours. Mine are 250 & 140 starting at the end of April 2003.
>> >
>> >"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:_vQOb.33196$VS4.1032029@bgtnsc04-
>> >news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>for

>being

>> >sharing
>be
>do
>spread
>curious

>the

>have
>top

I'm not sure what you are looking for. (I'm brain dead tonight.) What would you want it to say/show?

> Ah, I found out how to change the displayed values. One thing, since my chart extends to the
> right, is it possible to place a label on the right vertical axis. I don't see anything in Help or
> just the charting variables to allow that but I'm sure it must be there???
>
> Hey, thanks - examples like this are what helped me learn dbaseII and Lotus and Basic years ago.
> Of course, maybe being a former cobol programmer helped (or hindered (G))
>
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:49:03 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >To see where the data is mapped from just click on the graphed line. The data ranges will be
> >highlighted for you.
> >
> >All that I did to create the graph is to create the 2 columns: Date & weight. The software
> >assumes that the first variable is the x axis (left
> >right). It has been formated to use the date format in the form of
mm/dd/yy.
> >This will automatically put the dates at the bottom of the graph. The
data
> >is set up as weekly to represent my unofficial WW weighins. The next
column
> >(weight) is the y-axis (up and down).
> >
> >Now go have a chocolate for me. I've run out of points for today.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I like it. Now to see if I can learn from it (G)
> >>
> >> Like how you got labels that are monthly? Where the data was mapped from, etc, etc.. It may
> >> involves years of exploration in which I will have no time to consume Miss Meringues or dried
> >> fruit or chocolates! (G)

> >http://home.att.net/~extra623/weightchart.xls.

> >match

> >for

> >being

> >be
> >do
> >spread
> >curious

> >the

> >have
> >top

Yes, I re-read and was not clear. I would like the LEGEND/Values to appear both on the left and
right side of the graph/chart. So when I scroll to the right I can still see a legend. It may not be
possible. Actually, I have shrunk the chart in the left/right expanse and can see it mostly.

WT WT

220 x 220 210 x 210 200 x 200 190 x 190

(let's see what formatting does to that!)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 03:10:46 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm not sure what you are looking for. (I'm brain dead tonight.) What would you want it to
>say/show?
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Ah, I found out how to change the displayed values. One thing, since my chart extends to the
>> right, is it possible to place a label on the right vertical axis. I don't see anything in Help
>> or just the charting variables to allow that but I'm sure it must be there???
>>
>> Hey, thanks - examples like this are what helped me learn dbaseII and Lotus and Basic years ago.
>> Of course, maybe being a former cobol programmer helped (or hindered (G))
>>
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:49:03 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >To see where the data is mapped from just click on the graphed line. The data ranges will be
>> >highlighted for you.
>> >
>> >All that I did to create the graph is to create the 2 columns: Date & weight. The software
>> >assumes that the first variable is the x axis (left
>> >right). It has been formated to use the date format in the form of
>mm/dd/yy.
>> >This will automatically put the dates at the bottom of the graph. The
>data
>> >is set up as weekly to represent my unofficial WW weighins. The next
>column
>> >(weight) is the y-axis (up and down).
>> >
>> >Now go have a chocolate for me. I've run out of points for today.
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>> >http://home.att.net/~extra623/weightchart.xls.

>into
>> >match

>leave
>> >for

>> >being

>would
>> >be
>might
>> >do
>> >spread
>> >curious

>> >the

>not
>> >have
>the
>> >top

I don't think that it can be done. You might have to shrink the graph down so that it all fits in
your screen so that you don't have to scroll from left to right. Else you could break up the graph
into 2 pieces.

> Yes, I re-read and was not clear. I would like the LEGEND/Values to appear both on the left and
> right side of the graph/chart. So when I scroll to the right I can still see a legend. It may not
> be possible. Actually, I have shrunk the chart in the left/right expanse and can see it mostly.
>
> WT WT
>
> 220 x 220 210 x 210 200 x 200 190 x 190
>
> (let's see what formatting does to that!)
>

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 03:10:46 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure what you are looking for. (I'm brain dead tonight.) What
would
> >you want it to say/show?
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Ah, I found out how to change the displayed values. One thing, since my chart extends to the
> >> right, is it possible to place a label on the right vertical axis. I don't see anything in Help
> >> or just the charting variables to allow that but I'm sure it must be there???
> >>
> >> Hey, thanks - examples like this are what helped me learn dbaseII and Lotus and Basic years
> >> ago. Of course, maybe being a former cobol programmer helped (or hindered (G))

The

(left
> >mm/dd/yy.
> >data