Excel Sports Swiss Comps??? Does anyone have these??? Need opinions

aih312

Apr 11, 2006
Hi...need some opinions..I just ordered these wheels..My Mavic Ksyriums Elites are just not cutting it...they are always going out of true..I only weight 150...I dont have a subaru behing me giving me new aero wheels everytime they go out of whack, so I decided to get some hand builts...what do you guys think???????

Thanks

A

Terrific choice for strength, value, and performance. The Swiss Comp wheels are strong enough to hold up to heavier riders and a lot of hard miles. The gram-conscious will still find them plenty light enough for climbing and racing. They feature the DT 340s hub to help achieve low weight and bullet-proof strength. These wheels are hand-build by our staff of DT certified wheel builders in Boulder, Colorado and have the ride quality and ease of maintenance only found in hand-built wheels.

FeaturesDT Swiss 340 black hub
DT Revolution spokes non drive/14-15g spokes drive side
silver alloy nipples
DT RR1.1 Black rim
<li>860 gramsOther notes

I weigh a bit more than you and I am going with the 240s hubs, RR1.1 rims, 28 on the front and 32 on the rear.

If you don't mind a little extra cost and you want a lighter wheel set at your weight I believe the 240s would also be a sturdy wheel set, but a little more expensive. Of course builders like Excel or Joe can really help you on the decision.