Excellent ride

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Michael Macclan, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Just got in from a 20 mile blast around the Berkshire countryside. Absolutely wonderful. Reminded me
    of Sunday afternoons when I was at school and used to tour round the Vale of Glamorgan. Nothing
    could have been better - Sun shining, roads dry, cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let me
    cross at junctions, holding back before overtaking, giving me loads of room). Passed a spa called
    Nirvana but mentally I was already there. Why spend good money when you could be riding a bike? And
    to finish - a stop at the local chippie. I'm just coming down from my endorphin high. Excellent!

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let
    > me cross at junctions, holding back before overtaking, giving me loads of room).

    I almost believed you up until this ;-)

    I'm off out at 1900 until 2100 (about 25 miles) around the sights and sounds of a Friday
    night in Hull.

  3. In news:[email protected], Michael MacClancy
    <[email protected]> typed:
    > Just got in from a 20 mile blast around the Berkshire countryside. Absolutely wonderful.

    Out of interest, roughly *where* in Berkshire? Doesn't sound like Reading to
    me :)

    Alex

  4. "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let
    > > me cross at junctions, holding back before overtaking, giving me loads
    of
    > > room).
    >
    > I almost believed you up until this ;-)

    It's true, honestly. I was amazed myself so just had to share it with everyone.

  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let
    > > me cross at junctions, holding back before overtaking, giving me loads
    of
    > > room).
    >
    > I almost believed you up until this ;-)
    >
    > I'm off out at 1900 until 2100 (about 25 miles) around the sights and
    sounds
    > of a Friday night in Hull.
    > --
    Have fun and w_tch _ut for th_ f__kin_ ch_ck_n imp__sonat__s !!

    Dave ;-)

  6. "Mr [email protected] (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room new build]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In news:[email protected], Michael MacClancy
    > <[email protected]> typed:
    > > Just got in from a 20 mile blast around the Berkshire countryside. Absolutely wonderful.
    >
    > Out of interest, roughly *where* in Berkshire? Doesn't sound like Reading
    > me :)
    >
    > Alex

    There's more to Berkshire than Reading although I'm not that far away. I was riding out toward
    Swallowfield.

  7. In news:[email protected], Michael MacClancy
    <[email protected]> typed:

    > There's more to Berkshire than Reading although I'm not that far away. I was riding out toward
    > Swallowfield.

    Thanks. I had a feeling it was around that area, as the *only *other bits of countryside round here
    are mostly in Oxfordshire!

    Alex

  8. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    >> cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let me cross at junctions, holding back before
    >> overtaking, giving me
    loads of
    >> room).

    > I almost believed you up until this ;-)

    Saw one of the more clueless bits of driving for a while on my otherwise nice run, at an antiques
    place at Abernyte. Some fool was driving slowly along the road looking for a space in the car park.
    Nothing too wrong with that, until you get to know he was driving along the *wrong* side of the
    road. And since he was looking for car parking space he wasn't looking at 4 bikes roaring down the
    hill towards him. Didn't see me at all as I went by on the "other" wrong side, our next team
    member's wild "what are you *doing*?" gesticulations at least got seen by his passenger...

    But a great ride, once we'd taken off the windproofs and extra jumpers we'd put on because it was a
    clear day in January and therefore cold... Route planned so we'd come back with a wind behind on the
    flat after a supersonic descent, and it worked like a charm.

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  9. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    >> cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let me cross at junctions, holding back before
    >> overtaking, giving me
    loads of