Excellent ride

Michael Macclan

Guest
Just got in from a 20 mile blast around the Berkshire countryside. Absolutely wonderful. Reminded me
of Sunday afternoons when I was at school and used to tour round the Vale of Glamorgan. Nothing
could have been better - Sun shining, roads dry, cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let me
cross at junctions, holding back before overtaking, giving me loads of room). Passed a spa called
Nirvana but mentally I was already there. Why spend good money when you could be riding a bike? And
to finish - a stop at the local chippie. I'm just coming down from my endorphin high. Excellent!

"Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let
> me cross at junctions, holding back before overtaking, giving me loads of room).

I almost believed you up until this ;-)

I'm off out at 1900 until 2100 (about 25 miles) around the sights and sounds of a Friday
night in Hull.

> "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let
> > me cross at junctions, holding back before overtaking, giving me loads
of
> > room).
>
> I almost believed you up until this ;-)
>
> I'm off out at 1900 until 2100 (about 25 miles) around the sights and
sounds
> of a Friday night in Hull.
> --
Have fun and w_tch _ut for th_ f__kin_ ch_ck_n imp__sonat__s !!

Dave ;-)

"Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room new build]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In news:[email protected], Michael MacClancy
> <[email protected]> typed:
> > Just got in from a 20 mile blast around the Berkshire countryside. Absolutely wonderful.
>
> Out of interest, roughly *where* in Berkshire? Doesn't sound like Reading
> me :)
>
> Alex

There's more to Berkshire than Reading although I'm not that far away. I was riding out toward
Swallowfield.

In news:[email protected], Michael MacClancy
<[email protected]> typed:

> There's more to Berkshire than Reading although I'm not that far away. I was riding out toward
> Swallowfield.

Thanks. I had a feeling it was around that area, as the *only *other bits of countryside round here
are mostly in Oxfordshire!

Alex

Simon Mason wrote:
> "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>> cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let me cross at junctions, holding back before
>> overtaking, giving me
loads of
>> room).

> I almost believed you up until this ;-)

Saw one of the more clueless bits of driving for a while on my otherwise nice run, at an antiques
place at Abernyte. Some fool was driving slowly along the road looking for a space in the car park.
Nothing too wrong with that, until you get to know he was driving along the *wrong* side of the
road. And since he was looking for car parking space he wasn't looking at 4 bikes roaring down the
hill towards him. Didn't see me at all as I went by on the "other" wrong side, our next team
member's wild "what are you *doing*?" gesticulations at least got seen by his passenger...

But a great ride, once we'd taken off the windproofs and extra jumpers we'd put on because it was a
clear day in January and therefore cold... Route planned so we'd come back with a wind behind on the
flat after a supersonic descent, and it worked like a charm.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Simon Mason wrote:
> "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>> cagers extremely courteous (stopping to let me cross at junctions, holding back before
>> overtaking, giving me
loads of