Excellent Sport Pants

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I just wanted to let everyone know there's a company called Sporthill that makes these incredible
    world class sport pants. They're like tights but don't look like tights. They look great. I wear
    them everywhere now. To the store, bank, movies, airplane, travel, doctor, etc.. I got rid of my
    jeans and chinos and will wear nothing else ever. These have improved my quality of life 1000%. Of
    couse they can be worn for bicycling. They're made of the most up to date fabrics and are
    technically excellent. They make a windproof style that will take you down to the single digits F. I
    can't say enough about these. The downsides -they don't last that long (nowhere the life of jeans)
    and they are fairly expensive. They start at about $40.00 (the original, cut slim) to $60.00 (the
    Voyage Pant) to $90.00 (the wind pant).

    You can check them out at:

    sporthill.com

    Tags:

  2. Frkrygow

    Frkrygow Guest

    Robert wrote:

    > These [pants] have improved my quality of life 1000%.

    That doesn't say much for the quality of your life, either before or after.

    And I imagine it's liable to get worse. After all, you've now been cursed by hundreds of anti-spam
    Usenet enthusiasts.

    --
    Frank Krygowski [To reply, omit what's between "at" and "cc"]

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    "frkrygow" <"frkrygow"@omitcc.ysu.edu> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Robert wrote:
    >
    > > These [pants] have improved my quality of life 1000%.
    >
    > That doesn't say much for the quality of your life, either before or after.
    >
    > And I imagine it's liable to get worse. After all, you've now been cursed by hundreds of anti-spam
    > Usenet enthusiasts.

    My post was not spam. I was sharing a valuable piece of information for sportsman. Clothing can make
    the biggest difference in your life. One day I was wearing a suite and wingtipped shoes. Then I
    changed into sneakers and what a difference! The same with these Sporthill pants. They are so
    comfortable yet appropriate to wear anywhere. They're high quality so you look really successful.
    Way more comfortable than jeans and way more support and dinity than sweats. Take a look.

  4. On 6 Feb 2004 11:08:47 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:

    >One day I was wearing a suite and wingtipped shoes. Then I changed into sneakers and what a
    >difference!

    If pants make that much difference, just think what losing the suite would do. Or at least get it
    down to a single room.

    Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

  5. Robert wrote:
    > "frkrygow" <"frkrygow"@omitcc.ysu.edu> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Robert wrote:
    >>
    >>> These [pants] have improved my quality of life 1000%.
    >>
    >> That doesn't say much for the quality of your life, either before or after.
    >>
    >> And I imagine it's liable to get worse. After all, you've now been cursed by hundreds of anti-
    >> spam Usenet enthusiasts.
    >
    > My post was not spam. I was sharing a valuable piece of information for sportsman. Clothing can
    > make the biggest difference in your life.

    ROTFL If you weren't even spamming then that really says something about the quality of your life
    and it isn't flattering ;-(

    --
    Perre

  6. Badger South

    Badger South Guest

    On 6 Feb 2004 11:08:47 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:

    >"frkrygow" <"frkrygow"@omitcc.ysu.edu> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Robert wrote:
    >>
    >> > These [pants] have improved my quality of life 1000%.
    >>
    >> That doesn't say much for the quality of your life, either before or after.
    >>
    >> And I imagine it's liable to get worse. After all, you've now been cursed by hundreds of anti-
    >> spam Usenet enthusiasts.
    >
    >My post was not spam. I was sharing a valuable piece of information for sportsman. Clothing can
    >make the biggest difference in your life. One day I was wearing a suite and wingtipped shoes. Then
    >I changed into sneakers and what a difference! The same with these Sporthill pants. They are so
    >comfortable yet appropriate to wear anywhere. They're high quality so you look really successful.
    >Way more comfortable than jeans and way more support and dinity than sweats. Take a look.

    Yeah, but guess what? After only three months of use the Sporthill pants develops pilling. That's
    little bumps of fabric, instead of a smooth finish. The pilling isn't as bad as the Hinds pants, but
    it's annoying, and certainly shouldn't happen after such a short period of time.

    I do like the pants, but perhaps then should be more durable.

    BTW are you associated with SportHill?

    -B

  7. Robert

    Robert Guest

    "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Robert wrote:

    > >> That doesn't say much for the quality of your life, either before or after.
    > >>
    > >> And I imagine it's liable to get worse. After all, you've now been cursed by hundreds of anti-
    > >> spam Usenet enthusiasts.
    > >
    > > My post was not spam. I was sharing a valuable piece of information for sportsman. Clothing can
    > > make the biggest difference in your life.
    >

    > ROTFL If you weren't even spamming then that really says something about the quality of your life
    > and it isn't flattering ;-(

    I said the quality of MY life. Not yours. Not anyones. These pants make ME feel much, much better.
    And I'll bet they at least improve your life.

  8. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "frkrygow" <"frkrygow"@omitcc.ysu.edu> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Robert wrote:
    >
    > > These [pants] have improved my quality of life 1000%.
    >
    > That doesn't say much for the quality of your life, either before or after.
    >
    > And I imagine it's liable to get worse. After all, you've now been cursed by hundreds of anti-spam
    > Usenet enthusiasts.

    It only takes a few seconds to Google someone to see if they really are a spammer.

  9. Robert wrote:
    > "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Robert wrote:

    >>> My post was not spam. I was sharing a valuable piece of information for sportsman. Clothing can
    >>> make the biggest difference in your life.
    >>

    >> ROTFL If you weren't even spamming then that really says something about the quality of your life
    >> and it isn't flattering ;-(
    >
    > I said the quality of MY life. Not yours. Not anyones. These pants make ME feel much, much better.
    > And I'll bet they at least improve your life.

    You must be really dumb ;-(

    --
    Perre

  10. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Badger South <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 6 Feb 2004 11:08:47 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:

    > >> That doesn't say much for the quality of your life, either before or after.
    > >>
    > >> And I imagine it's liable to get worse. After all, you've now been cursed by hundreds of anti-
    > >> spam Usenet enthusiasts.
    > >
    > >My post was not spam. I was sharing a valuable piece of information for sportsman. Clothing
    > >can make the biggest difference in your life. One day I was wearing a suite and wingtipped
    > >shoes. Then I changed into sneakers and what a difference! The same with these Sporthill
    > >pants. They are so comfortable yet appropriate to wear anywhere. They're high quality so you
    > >look really successful. Way more comfortable than jeans and way more support and dinity than
    > >sweats. Take a look.
    >
    > Yeah, but guess what? After only three months of use the Sporthill pants develops pilling. That's
    > little bumps of fabric, instead of a smooth finish. The pilling isn't as bad as the Hinds pants,
    > but it's annoying, and certainly shouldn't happen after such a short period of time.
    >
    > I do like the pants, but perhaps then should be more durable.
    >
    > BTW are you associated with SportHill?
    >
    > -B

    I said one of the downsides is they don't hold up that long, didn't I. I'm not associated with
    Sporthill at all. I just want to share information about these wonderful sport pants with my fellow
    sportsmen. I honestly feel 1000% better going about my day feeling comfortable. Why are pants, jeans
    and kaki's have baggy legs? It's just historical fashion. The Sporthills are way more practical and
    look great.