Excess baggage

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony Raven, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tags:

  2. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > David Nutter <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Tony Raven <[email protected]> said:
    >>> Today's programme was about bicycles http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/excessbaggage/
    >>
    >> Yes. It's disturbing to hear a bloke on the radio spend ten minutes expounding the merits of
    >> shaved legs while eating your breakfast...
    >>

    > ...and get it wrong ;-)
    >
    > Tony
    >
    > http://www.raven-family.com
    >
    > "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
    > Bernard Shaw.

    What did he say, I could use it to wind my mates up??? :)

  5. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Terry <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What did he say, I could use it to wind my mates up??? :)

    It was about aesthetics and not aerodynamics. Didn't mention road rash at all.

    Tony

    http://www.raven-family.com

    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
    Bernard Shaw.

  6. Walter Rixon

    Walter Rixon Guest

    > It was about aesthetics and not aerodynamics. Didn't mention road rash at all. Tony
    Hi all, In spite of little faults, it was good to hear a pro-cyling programme. I wish I could get a
    transcript! Waltyer Rixon, Tor 2000

  7. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    Walter Rixon <[email protected]> said:

    >> It was about aesthetics and not aerodynamics. Didn't mention road rash at all. Tony
    > Hi all, In spite of little faults, it was good to hear a pro-cyling programme. I wish I could get
    > a transcript! Waltyer Rixon, Tor 2000

    It's still on the Listen Again page if you want to tape it.

    Regards,

    -david

  8. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It was about aesthetics and not aerodynamics. Didn't mention road rash at all.

    I prefer the theory espoused in "The escape artist" that racing cyclists shave their legs because
    that's what racing cyclists do to show that they are racing cyclists.

    --
    Marc T Shirts, Sweatshirts, polo shirts, banners, signs,decals, stickers etc for clubs and
    associations of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

  9. G S Banner

    G S Banner Guest

    "marc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1fp8r64.21sh1q1ts6d0eN%[email protected]...
    > Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > It was about aesthetics and not aerodynamics. Didn't mention road rash
    at
    > > all.
    >
    > I prefer the theory espoused in "The escape artist" that racing cyclists shave their legs because
    > that's what racing cyclists do to show that they are racing cyclists.

    One of my triathlon mates 'fessed up eventually that he shaved his legs "because it feels nice
    inside long trousers"

    Freak!!

  10. G S Banner