Excessive mucous in body-how to get rid of it?

Robin

Guest
Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?

--
"Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo of Alexandria. Do not
email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4

Ginseng will get rid of it. Read Dave's Story.

"Robin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:robinxjoy-
[email protected]...
> Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
> allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
> reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?
>
> --
> "Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo
of Alexandria. Do not email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4

"Robin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
> allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
> reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?
>
> --
> "Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo
of Alexandria. Do not email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4

Mucous is an important element in the immune system, and is necessary to human health. It is not
"caused" by eating dairy products or other protein rich foods, as popular as that myth might be.
What symptoms make you think there is "excess mucous"? A runny nose indicates an allergy or the
presence of an infection. A productive cough may indicate pneumonia, bronchitis, or a chronic lung
disease. Discharge of mucous or mucous-like product from the body is a symptom, not a cause of
disease, and if it persists, it should be evaluated by your doctor.

--Rich

In article <[email protected]>,
Dave <[email protected]> wrote:
>Ginseng will get rid of it. Read Dave's Story.

Or, don't bother reading it. If you do read it, remember that Dave sells the panacea he is praising,
and is not an objective reporter.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

>"Robin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:robinxjoy-
>[email protected]...
>> Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
>> allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
>> reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?
>>
>> --
>> "Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo
>of Alexandria. Do not email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4

So, What are the symptoms of excessive mucous, as exhibited by your mother and sister in law.

As to the cause, I think we can rule out hereditary, unless your sister in law is also a
blood relative.

So, assuming you don't live in Arkansas, if both have excessive mucous, it must be due to
environmental factors.

What factors do both have in common?

If you do a rational study of their diet and living conditions you might find a some common factors.
Be sure and exclude items that are common to you also, since, I assume, you do not have excessive
mucous. This list should be quite small.

I would suggest that after you have done that, Introduce the suspected mucuosity agent into your
diet, or a loved ones, and see if they then develop excessive mucous.

This may take several months to complete.

At the end of this, you may appreciate the efforts of those involved in research.

Be not discouraged, if the results are not what you expect.

This may be the only helpful advice you get on this group.

Jerry

Rich Shewmaker wrote:
> "Robin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:robinxjoy-
> [email protected]...
>
>>Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
>>allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
>>reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?

"Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> This may be the only helpful advice you get on this group.
>
> Jerry

Not helpful at all. You are suggesting a complicated and time consuming process to identify a
"mucuosity agent" when no such thing exists. Mucous is produced by mucous membranes to play a role
in the barrier that helps prevent entry of bacteria, viruses, and other foreign matter into the
body. It is manufactured from amino acids and other nutrients that are present in blood and tissues,
and the membranes could care less what foods provided those nutrients in the first place. Usually,
when people believe they have "excess mucous," what they really have is mucous membranes that are
inflamed and swollen, either from infection or allergy. Diagnosis is the key, and that is best
performed by a doctor.

--Rich

Nature cure would say that it's a good sign that you are eliminating large amounts of mucous. It
shows that the elimination process is working.

The elimination can be assisted by the use of three simple remedies: grapes, lemon juice and the
seed fenugreek. All increase elimination.

A good bowel cleanse also helps. I've recently tried a couple fo times a one-day fast as recommended
by Dr Kelley of "One Answer to Cancer" fame. This involves starting the day with a Tablespoon of
Epsom Salts (magnesium sulphate) in a glass of water, followed by a further Tablepoon half an hour
later and a final Tablespoon another half hour later. For the rest of the day drink only water and
the juice of plenty of citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit and lemons). You will find that a lot of
mucous is eliminated from both the bowels and the bladder, as well as from the throat and nose.

(Actually Dr Kelley recommends doing this for two days running, and then following it up with
a further two days of water only, with just a glass of freshly squeezed vegetable juice in
the evening.)

But complete elimination is a long, slow process, so be patient. It took a lifetime to accumulate
all that mucous, so don't expect it to be gone in a week.

I have also read of a study that says people who smoke suffer lots more mucous that those who don't
smoke. I guess this is a natural reaction of the body to protect the mucous membranes from the hot,
acrid, toxic fumes of tobacco smoke.

And despite what Rich Shewmaker says, there is a big body of opinion in the nature cure movement
that says diet DOES play a role in the production of mucous. The most famous of the healers
advocating a mucous-free diet was Professor Arnold Ehret, whose book "Mucus less Diet Healing
System", first published in 1910, advocates the elimination of meat, eggs, dairy products and grains
from the diet because of their mucous-forming properties.

A few words from Prof Ehret's "The Definite Cure of Chronic Constipation":

"Don't you know that bookbinder's paste is made of fine white flour, rice or potatoes? That glue is
made from flesh, gristle and bones? Don't you know how sticky these substances are? Don't you know
that skimmed milk, buttermilk and cream are the best ingredients to furnish sticky base for colors
for painting? That the white of eggs will stick paper or cloths so perfectly that it resists
dissolution in water? ... At least 90 per cent of the "diet of civilization" contains these sticky
foods and man stuffs himself daily with awful mixtures of them. Thus the digestive tract is not only
clogged up through constipation, but literally glued together with sticky mucus and feces."

In the same book, he quotes another physician as writing:

"I have found a prototype of the cause of all diseases of the human body, the foundation of
premature old age and death. Surprising as it may seem, out of two hundred and eighty-four cases
of autopsy held, but twenty-eight colons were found to be free from hardened feces and in a
normal and healthy state. The others ... were to a more or less extent incrusted with hardened,
rotten, rejected food material. Many were distended to twice their natural size throughout their
whole length with a small hole through the center and almost universally these last cases
mentioned had regular bowel evacuations daily. Some of them contained large worms from four to
six inches in length.

"My experience from day to day developed startling discoveries in the form of worms and nests of
eggs, that we daily get from patients, accompanied by blood and pus. As I stood looking at the colon
and reservoir of death, I expressed myself in wonder that any one can live a week, much less for
years, with such a cesspool of death and contagion always with him. The absorption of the deadly
poison back into the circulation cannot help but cause all the contagious diseases. The recent
treatment of hemorrhage of the bowels in typhoid fever has shown it to be caused by maggots and
worms eating into the sensitive membrane and tapping a vein or artery. In fact, my experience during
the past ten years has proven, by the rapid recovery of all diseases after the colon was cleansed,
that in the colon itself lies the basic cause of almost all human ailments."

More quotes from Prof Ehret himself in his book on constipation:

"When such a 'well-fed' man who is usually constipated, takes a fast or is put on a 'mucus-less diet'--
as I have advised hundreds as their last resort--will discharge masses of putrescent filth, fetid
urine loaded with mucus, salt, uric acid, fat, drugs, albumen and pus, according to his disease.

"The most surprising effect of these treatments is the immense quantity of the discharged feces and
the fetid exhalation from both the mouth and skin. But the most important 'discharge' is the
elimination through the circulation into the urine. The urine of everybody will then show a
sediment of mucus as soon as he fasts a little or reduces the quantity of his food, or makes a
change toward natural, mucus less foods. Doctors call it 'disease' and it is in fact a self-
cleansing process of the body.

"This self-elimination through the circulation is the body's most wonderful healing work of every
disease. To control this process by food and food quantities is the only true, natural and most
perfect therapeutic art of healing and is in no other "treatment" so successfully accomplished as in
the 'Mucus less Diet Healing System.'

"This elimination--especially that of the sick man after a long period of misery, suffering and
unsuccessful medical treatment--is man's 'greatest event.' He now realizes what he had never thought
of--and what only a few physicians in the world have ever understood as I did, through thousands of
cases--that mostly all civilized men are walking, living cesspools, due to chronic constipation.

"All his former unsuccessful treatments now appear to him in a tragic-comical light. He now knows
exactly where the source of his suffering is to be found, no matter what the name of the disease may
be. He now understands that he was wrongly and ignorantly treated by the doctors who 'suppressed the
disease,' without eliminating the filth, which was retained in his entire system, especially in his
alimentary canal, since childhood, and which condition constituted the principal causative factor of
the disease."

I am aware of that.

The point was to give the woman something to do, that, just, might give her an appreciation of
how her body works, the scientific process, and hopefully, demonstrate that her original thesis
was flawed.

I would submit that simply telling people that there is no such thing as a "mucuosity agent" is not
as effective as allowing them to discover themselves.

BTW I made up the term "mucuosity agent", therefore I must agree with you that there is no such
thing. (note the mispelling)

to quote epictitus:

A guide, on finding a man who has lost his way, brings him back to the right path--he does not mock
and jeer at him and then take himself off. You also must show the unlearned man the truth, and you
will see that he will follow. But so long as you do not show it him, you should not mock, but rather
feel your own incapacity.

Rich Shewmaker wrote:
> "Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>This may be the only helpful advice you get on this group.
>>
>>Jerry
>>

> Not helpful at all. You are suggesting a complicated and time consuming process to identify a
> "mucuosity agent" when no such thing exists. Mucous is produced by mucous membranes to play a role
> in the barrier that helps prevent entry of bacteria, viruses, and other foreign matter into the
> body. It is manufactured from amino acids and other nutrients that are present in blood and
> tissues, and the membranes could care less what foods provided those nutrients in the first place.
> Usually, when people believe they have "excess mucous," what they really have is mucous membranes
> that are inflamed and swollen, either from infection or allergy. Diagnosis is the key, and that is
> best performed by a doctor.
>
> --Rich

[email protected] (Carole) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> [email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> In article <[email protected]>, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >Ginseng will get rid of it. Read Dave's Story.
>>
>> Or, don't bother reading it. If you do read it, remember that Dave sells the panacea he is
>> praising, and is not an objective reporter.
>
> The drug companies spend 40% of their budget on marketing. What exactly are you trying to say?

It was pretty clear to me, namely that someone who sells something isn't going to be an objective
reporter about it. That applies to the drug companies as well; nobody here would treat a sales pitch
for a pharmaceutical as being objective. They'd want to see independently verifiable evidence for
any claims in the ad. And regulatory agencies in every civilized country won't let drug companies
make claims that they can't back up with such independently verifiable evidence. Drug companies
aren't allowed to say just anything they want to.

[email protected] (rodney_victor) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Nature cure would say that it's a good sign that you are eliminating large amounts of mucous. It
> shows that the elimination process is working.

Your use of the term "elimination" makes me think that you view mucus as some sort of waste product.
It isn't. It serves several physiological functions: lubrication, moisture retention, and protection
against invasion. It's comparable to tears, saliva, ear wax, sebum, and fingernails. For example,
the mucus produced by the stomach lining helps prevent the stomach from digesting itself. A "mucus-
free" person would be a very *unhealthy* person.

Irritated mucous membranes will produce extra mucus, but that's not pathological in itself; it's a
physiological response to a pathological condition. Stopping the mucus production would only make
matters worse. The solution is to get rid of the irritation.

Mucus production is a normal bodily function. Like many bodily functions, it grosses some people out
due to cultural and religious conditioning. But the human body works the way it does, not the way
people wish it might. We're not immortal. We bleed if we're cut. We can only run so fast. We can't
see things behind our heads without the help of a mirror. We can't hear ultrasonic frequencies. We
can't derive energy from cellulose, nor can we photosynthesize. We can't fly under our own power,
nor can we breathe underwater without technological assistance.

None of those limitations are disease states; they're the natural states of our bodies. It's
meaningless to talk about "curing" them. And mucus production is just another natural state of the
body. It's quite a perversion of language to use the term "nature cure" for attempts to overcome
perfectly natural processes that are in no need of being cured. IMHO, people who are disturbed by
the fact that their bodies produce mucus, or that their stools smell, or similar things, are
suffering something akin to body dysmorphia; they're disturbed by their own humanity and wish to
overcome it. That's not healthy.

"Eric Bohlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (rodney_victor) wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Nature cure would say that it's a good sign that you are eliminating large amounts of mucous. It
> > shows that the elimination process is working.
>
> Your use of the term "elimination" makes me think that you view mucus as some sort of waste
> product. It isn't. It serves several physiological functions: lubrication, moisture retention, and
> protection against invasion. It's comparable to tears, saliva, ear wax, sebum, and fingernails.
> For example, the mucus produced by the stomach lining helps prevent the stomach from digesting
> itself. A "mucus-free" person would be a very *unhealthy* person.
>
> Irritated mucous membranes will produce extra mucus, but that's not pathological in itself; it's a
> physiological response to a pathological condition. Stopping the mucus production would only make
> matters worse. The solution is to get rid of the irritation.
>
> Mucus production is a normal bodily function. Like many bodily functions, it grosses some people
> out due to cultural and religious conditioning.
But
> the human body works the way it does, not the way people wish it might. We're not immortal. We
> bleed if we're cut. We can only run so fast. We can't see things behind our heads without the help
> of a mirror. We can't hear ultrasonic frequencies. We can't derive energy from cellulose, nor can
> we photosynthesize. We can't fly under our own power, nor can we breathe underwater without
> technological assistance.
>
> None of those limitations are disease states; they're the natural states
of
> our bodies. It's meaningless to talk about "curing" them. And mucus production is just another
> natural state of the body. It's quite a perversion of language to use the term "nature cure" for
> attempts to overcome perfectly natural processes that are in no need of being cured. IMHO, people
> who are disturbed by the fact that their bodies produce
mucus,
> or that their stools smell, or similar things, are suffering something
akin
> to body dysmorphia; they're disturbed by their own humanity and wish to overcome it. That's not
> healthy.

Well said, Eric.

--Rich

Souless Reprobate, Steaming bag of Spamming Feces Dave wrote:

>Ginseng will get rid of it. Read Spamming Dave's Salespitch

If you ever do choose to take ginseng, make sure you buy one that is pesticide free. There is a
person that has been advertising a brand that has tested positive for many toxic chemicals while
claiming that it was organically produced!

Stay away Bing Han!!!!

from Quoting from this file: http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia9908.html

"Ginseng Bing Han Medical Factory Quintozene
3/13/2001 (Powdered) 81, Cherng Gong Street *Pentachlorobenzene 211-9414883-5 Ell Jeun Village,
Taiwan *Tetrachloroaniline
I290230/120531 FEI# 3003196781 *Hexachlorobenzene 54F[]R12 - SEA *BHC Shipper: Bing Han (Canada)
*Pentachloroaniline Enterprises. Ltd. *Tecnazene 210-7911 Alderbridge Way
*Pentachlorothioanisole Richmond B.C., Canada FEI# 3003196782"

Quoting from this file: http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/5/ora_oasis_i_54.html

Refusal Actions by FDA as Recorded in OASIS

Country of Origin Entry # DOC Line Suffix Manufacture Name City / ISO Country Code District
Product Code Product Description Date Reason

[. . .]

Taiwan, Republic Of China 310-5216341-2 1 1 Bing Han Enterprises Ltdpharmaceutical Factory
Tainan , TW CIN-DO 54YBZ04 PANAX GINSENG, PERSONAL SHIPMENT 02-MAY-2003 PESTICIDES

>"Robin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:robinxjoy-
>[email protected]...
>> Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
>> allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
>> reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?
>>
>> --
>> "Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo
>of Alexandria. Do not email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4

"Ilsa9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Souless Reprobate, Steaming bag of Spamming Feces Dave

Here is the classic response #10 of Stupid Debunker Tricks. You will notice the superior writing
skills. The clarity of thought. The desire to be helpful. Annnhh, yes.

> >Ginseng will get rid of it. Read Dave's Story.

"Ilsa9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >"Ilsa9" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20031030144518.12860.00000040@mb-
> >m14.aol.com...
> >> Souless Reprobate, Steaming bag of Spamming Feces Dave
> >
> >Here is the classic response #10 of Stupid Debunker Tricks. You will notice the superior writing
> >skills. The clarity of thought. The desire to be helpful. Annnhh, yes.

> Hey, Spam-Boy!
>
> How did you like Sympatico's rebuke of your spam?
>
> More importantly, How Do _YOU_ (pregnant pause) like _ME_, Now?

I love you in that way that I love the poor and disadvantaged. You spew hatred, anger and hostility.
That is the sign of an unbalanced person. Ginseng would help you more than you know.

Robin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
> allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
> reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?

Cellsalts (calcium, magnesium phosphate, potassium, sodium phosphate and sulphate, silica, iron
phosphate) get rid of mucuous out of the body. Is there any proof that dairy causes mucous any more
than any other calcium rich food? -- I would say not. If a person takes a lot of calcium they become
deficient in the other cellsalts and the mucuous is an attempt to rebalance itself.

Here is an example of cellsalt deficiencies from the Biochemic Handbook by JB Chapman MD and Edward
L Perry MD. Any type of mucous can be eliminated by using the appropriate cellsalt.

MOUTH (nat=sodium, kali=potassium, mur=chloride)

Acid taste in mouth: Nat.Phos. Bad taste in mouth: Nat.Sulph., Kali Phos. " " in morning: Calc.Phos.
Bitter taste in mouth: Nat.Sulph. Blisters like pimples on the tip of the tongue: Calc.Phos. Clean
tongue with an inflammatory condition: Ferr.Phos. Coating on the tongue white and slimy: Kali Mur. "
yellow, sometimes with whitish edge: Kali Sulph. Constant hawking of slimy mucus: Nat.Sulph.
Constant spitting of frothy mucus: Nat.Mur. Cracked lips: Calc.Fluor. Creamy, golden-yellow
exudation from tonsils and pharynx: Nat.Phos. Creamy, yellow coating at back part of roof of mouth:
Nat.Phos. Dirty greenish-grey or greenish-brown coating on the root of the tongue with saliva:
Nat.Sulph. Dryness of the lower lips; skin pulls off in large flakes: Kali Phos. " " tongue in
fevers, with watery discharge from the bowels: Nat.Mur. Glands and gums swollen: Kali Mur. "
swelling of, under tongue: Nat.Mur. Gums hot, swollen, and inflamed: Ferr.Phos. Hard swelling on jaw-
bones: Calc.Fluor. Hawking, constant, of foul, slimy mucus from trachea and stomach: Nat.Sulph.
Inflammation of salivery glands, when secreting excessive amount of saliva: Nat.Mur. Mouth full of
thick, greenish-white, tenacious slime: Nat.Sulph. Rawness of mouth: Kali Mur. Saliva, excess of:
Kali Mur. Sour taste in mouth: Nat.Phos. Spasms of stammering: Mag.Phos. Speaks slowly: Mag.Phos.
Swelling of glands under the tongue: Nat.Mur. Thrush in children: Kali Mur. " with much saliva:
Nat.Mur. Twitching, spasmodic, of lips: Mag.Phos. " mouth: Mag.Phos. Ulcers in mouth< ashy-grey:
Kali Phos. " " " white: Kali Mur. " " corners of mouth: Silica. Very offensive breath: Kali Phos.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/cellsalts.htm

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> In article <[email protected]>, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >Ginseng will get rid of it. Read Dave's Story.
>>
>> Or, don't bother reading it. If you do read it, remember that Dave sells the panacea he is
>> praising, and is not an objective reporter.
>
>The drug companies spend 40% of their budget on marketing. What exactly are you trying to say?

Dear me, you *are* thick, aren't you? I said nothing specific about the drug companies at all -- but
it's clear that they aren't unbiased either. They are great believers in their own products and
their own approaches. I just think it's important to point out that the sellers of so-called
"alternative" remedies are also making a profit, and thus are not automatically on the side of the
angels, as too many pro-alts seem to believe.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...

>> >The drug companies spend 40% of their budget on marketing. What exactly are you trying to say?
>>
>> Dear me, you *are* thick, aren't you? I said nothing specific about the drug companies at all --
>> but it's clear that they aren't unbiased either. They are great believers in their own products
>> and their own approaches. I just think it's important to point out that the sellers of so-called
>> "alternative" remedies are also making a profit, and thus are not automatically on the side of
>> the angels, as too many pro-alts seem to believe.
>
>No I became un-thick the moment I stopped believing that conspiracies don't happen. We've been
>conditioned to turn off when we hear the word "conspiracy".

Quite rightly. Although conspiracies do happen on occasion, the idea that there are these massive
conspiracies that you like to go on about is another matter entirely.

>This moment was one of the deciding factors in my long question for the meaning of life.

If this is the best you've done so far, your life would seem to have little meaning.

>And your assumption that a person who sells a product is always biased is not necessarily correct.

On the contrary, it's basic human nature.

>Some people sell a product because they believe in it. But yes, generally you'd be right that
>because a person sells a product they are just trying to increase sales. However, in Dave's case
>you can't say this because he doesn't advertise in this ng and has nothing to gain in saying that
>ginseng works.

He has advertised extensively in this n.g. -- you just were absent for an extended period and missed
it. So in fact, he has plenty to gain. That's why he showed up here in the first place.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >> Or, don't bother reading it. If you do read it, remember that Dave sells the panacea he is
> >> praising, and is not an objective reporter.
> >
> >The drug companies spend 40% of their budget on marketing. What exactly are you trying to say?
>
> Dear me, you *are* thick, aren't you? I said nothing specific about the drug companies at all --
> but it's clear that they aren't unbiased either. They are great believers in their own products
> and their own approaches. I just think it's important to point out that the sellers of so-called
> "alternative" remedies are also making a profit, and thus are not automatically on the side of the
> angels, as too many pro-alts seem to believe.

No I became un-thick the moment I stopped believing that conspiracies don't happen. We've been
conditioned to turn off when we hear the word "conspiracy". This moment was one of the deciding
factors in my long question for the meaning of life.

And your assumption that a person who sells a product is always biased is not necessarily correct.
Some people sell a product because they believe in it. But yes, generally you'd be right that
because a person sells a product they are just trying to increase sales. However, in Dave's case you
can't say this because he doesn't advertise in this ng and has nothing to gain in saying that
ginseng works.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

-- "Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it
is the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1759-1806)

Robin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Both my mother and sister in law have this. I realize that dairy is a common cause, perhaps food
> allergies such as wheat, but - if they made no dietary changes (which isn't likely for a few
> reasons), is there a supplement or cleanse that would help release some/all of it?

Leslie Kenton writes in her book "ultra Health" that, apart from the normal mucus secreted by the
body's mucous membranes, the body also produces mucoids in response to toxicity or potentially
harmful substances. These mucoids include gel-like substances such as mucin, mucopolysaccharides and
mucoproteins. Unlike normal mucus, which is transparent and slippery, this excessive mucoid matter
tends to be hard and cloudy.

Kenton says European researchers have discovered that many foods have mucoid-forming properties and
are therefore called mucoid-forming foods, and thhat they call this mucoid-producing properties in
the digestive system "digestive leucocytosis".

She says a diet high in mucoid-forming foods lowers resistance to infection and clogs the the
digestive system wand lymphatics with stagnant mucoid substances that lower vitality and encourage
the development of chronic illness.

Most healing regimes are based on low mucoid-forming foods, Kenton says.

Dairy products, particularly those made from pasteurised cows' milk, are considered the most mucoid-
forming of all foods, she says. Second are meat, poultry, fish and eggs. Then come soya-based foods
such as tofu and textured vegetable protein, pulses (legumes), nuts and grains.

Fruits and vegetables are totally non-mucoid-forming, she says.