Excessive pimples after sun exposure

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    Last week I spent over a week in Thailand and after laying
    on the beach every day, I have come back with a great tan
    but seemingly this has caused an outbreak of pimples on my
    back and chest. Is there any way to hasten their passing as
    theres not much point having a tan if you cant show it off.
    :)

    Im only 22 so pimples aren't an abnormal occurence for me
    but nothing like this.

    Tags:

  2. "Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last week I spent over a week in Thailand and after laying
    > on the beach every day, I have come back with a great tan
    > but seemingly this has caused an outbreak of pimples on my
    > back and chest. Is there any way to hasten their passing
    > as theres not much point having a tan if you cant show it
    off.
    > :)
    >
    > Im only 22 so pimples aren't an abnormal occurence for me
    > but nothing like this.

    Polymorphous Light Eruption?

    HMc

  3. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    "Howard McCollister" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Last week I spent over a week in Thailand and after
    > > laying on the beach every day, I have come back with a
    > > great tan but seemingly this has
    caused
    > > an outbreak of pimples on my back and chest. Is there
    > > any way to hasten their passing as theres not much point
    > > having a tan if you cant show it
    > off.
    > > :)
    > >
    > > Im only 22 so pimples aren't an abnormal occurence for
    > > me but nothing
    like
    > > this.
    > >

    > Polymorphous Light Eruption?
    >
    > HMc

    It looks like thats what it could be. It is strange though
    because living in Western Australia I've been exposed to the
    sun since I was born and I've never had this problem before.
    It has been a while since I've had such a dark tan though
    and it only seems to have occured on my back and chest, the
    2 areas which receieve the least sunlight. Appears as small
    red raised pimples, some containing small amount of pus etc.
    Will continual exposure reduce the likelihood of it
    reoccurring?

  4. "Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Howard McCollister" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Last week I spent over a week in Thailand and after
    > > > laying on the
    beach
    > > > every day, I have come back with a great tan but
    > > > seemingly this has
    > caused
    > > > an outbreak of pimples on my back and chest. Is there
    > > > any way to
    hasten
    > > > their passing as theres not much point having a tan if
    > > > you cant show
    it
    > > off.
    > > > :)
    > > >
    > > > Im only 22 so pimples aren't an abnormal occurence for
    > > > me but nothing
    > like
    > > > this.
    > > >

    > > Polymorphous Light Eruption?
    > >
    > > HMc
    >
    > It looks like thats what it could be. It is strange though
    > because living
    in
    > Western Australia I've been exposed to the sun since I was
    > born and I've never had this problem before. It has been a
    > while since I've had such a dark tan though and it only
    > seems to have occured on my back and chest,
    the
    > 2 areas which receieve the least sunlight. Appears as
    > small red raised pimples, some containing small amount of
    > pus etc. Will continual exposure reduce the likelihood of
    > it reoccurring?

    I don't think so. Treatment is usually with aggressive
    sunblocks. Some people do gradual sun exposure each summer
    to darken the skin gradually enough to prevent the eruption,
    to the point where it's dark enough that it won't happen
    with longer or more harsh sun exposure.

    HMc