Exclusive WBT news bulletin: Armstrong down and out... for good !

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
Lance Armstrong crashed hard in Monday’s opening stage of the Castilla y León and first indications appear that he seriously injured his shoulder and might have broken his right collarbone.

There are no official reports yet as the crash just happened at about 150km into the stage on narrow roads, but the Astana rider was crouched on the side of the road cradling his right shoulder.

Armstrong went down in a crash featuring at least a dozen riders as the peloton was cranking up the chase late in the stage. He was seen entering an ambulance cradling his right shoulder

whiteboytrash said:
Lance Armstrong crashed hard in Monday’s opening stage of the Castilla y León and first indications appear that he seriously injured his shoulder and might have broken his right collarbone.

There are no official reports yet as the crash just happened at about 150km into the stage on narrow roads, but the Astana rider was crouched on the side of the road cradling his right shoulder.

Armstrong went down in a crash featuring at least a dozen riders as the peloton was cranking up the chase late in the stage. He was seen entering an ambulance cradling his right shoulder
Thats big news WBT, thanks for posting. Did Contador take him out ?

whiteboytrash said:
Thats big news WBT, thanks for posting. Did Contador take him out ?
Not sure but maybe he crashed into his own ego ? or slipped on some of his words about Contador last week ?

whiteboytrash said:
Not sure but maybe he crashed into his own ego ? or slipped on some of his words about Contador last week ?
I posted a while ago that I hoped Armstrong would break his femur and therefore miss the Tour and we'd all be saved - my voodoo doll is a little out of whack it seems. It's bad karma (and manners) to wish a crash upon a fellow cyclist, but Armstrong is no ordinary cyclist. :D

Rolfrae said:
I posted a while ago that I hoped Armstrong would break his femur and therefore miss the Tour and we'd all be saved - my voodoo doll is a little out of whack it seems. It's bad karma (and manners) to wish a crash upon a fellow cyclist, but Armstrong is no ordinary cyclist. :D
Right you are ! I wonder what spin that can put on this..... such a shame EPO can't heal broken bones.... :p

whiteboytrash said:
Right you are ! I wonder what spin that can put on this..... such a shame EPO can't heal broken bones.... :p
Well if it's a simple break he gets the excuse he needs not to ride the Giro and concentrate solely on the Tour.

If it's a broken collarbone, then no racing for 6 weeks, so no Giro. Could just be a bad bruise though-- I doubt any domestiques got a ride in the ambulance. Either way, he'll still be riding TdF, and now has a reason to skip all the remaining Spring classics.

kennf said:
If it's a broken collarbone, then no racing for 6 weeks, so no Giro. Could just be a bad bruise though-- I doubt any domestiques got a ride in the ambulance. Either way, he'll still be riding TdF, and now has a reason to skip all the remaining Spring classics.
Every cloud has its silver lining it seems. I just need to get the voodoo doll back out in time for the Duaphine and we'll have a Tour without him as well.

Cobblestones said:
Why they treat his injuries he should also get his vag checked by his ob/gyn.
The local hospital needs to get some blood of him before they get his "own" doctors on-site.... need to get a Pantani styled hemocrit reading....

I mean, it's a shame he's crashed :rolleyes: but think of all the cancer awareness his comeback is generating :rolleyes:.

Rolfrae said:
I mean, it's a shame he's crashed :rolleyes: but think of all the cancer awareness his comeback is generating :rolleyes:.

I can feel a global campaign for broken collarbones coming up.

If it's a broken collarbone :( , Levi (already scheduled to race in support of LA) will likely become the Astana leader for the Giro. Jani B was always scheduled to be at the Giro; now, he can have a bit more freedom as one of the "backup" leaders. Astana would probably then add Popo and/or Zubeldia to the Giro team.

Update: Now it's confirmed. Astana website says: "It's confirmed that Lance suffered a broken right collarbone in Monday's stage 1 at Castilla y Leon. We send our good wishes for quick healing to Lance."

Collar bone injuries vary in severity. Anything from a small fracture to completely splintering it.
Most likely painful either way.

Were you born an a**hole or did you just grow into it. Wishing ill on another human being is low rent. I am not going to wish a physical ill on you just hope somebody steals your bike and you can't afford to replace it. Decent bicyclists don't need to share the road with an idiot like you any where in the world.
Rolfrae said:

obxbes said:
Were you born an a**hole or did you just grow into it. Wishing ill on another human being is low rent. I hope you get jock rot

intended or not, loving the irony.

So predictable. As I am driving to work this morning I hear the news of LA's injury on the radio and my first thought was I bet I know what the locals will be saying on cyclingforums.com. you guys have become so predictable. Thats why this forum has become the joke of sports forums. PREDICTABLE.
And WBT replying to his own posts is a new low. LOL, Fukin hilarious. :p :D
whiteboytrash said:
The local hospital needs to get some blood of him before they get his "own" doctors on-site.... need to get a Pantani styled hemocrit reading....

Rolfrae said:
Well if it's a simple break he gets the excuse he needs not to ride the Giro and concentrate solely on the Tour.

Rolfrae said:

whiteboytrash said:

I was watching a video of the crash aftermath. I thought I saw someone holding a pee cup close to armstrong.
whiteboytrash said:

thebluetrain said:
So predictable. As I am driving to work this morning I hear the news of LA's injury on the radio and my first thought was I bet I know what the locals will be saying on cyclingforums.com. you guys have become so predictable. Thats why this forum has become the joke of sports forums. PREDICTABLE.
And WBT replying to his own posts is a new low. LOL, Fukin hilarious. :p :D

I'm fairly sure I broke the story before he crashed. :p

....more to the point I brought Musette from her velvet goldmine.