Excuses for being dropped

mikesbytes

Apr 12, 2006
Heard an excellent excuse for been dropped from the bunch today, apparently true.

"I put my pants on back to front"

What other excuses have you heard for been dropped from the bunch ?

Reactions: Bicycleman
Come on, you can do better than that

"I went back to help another rider" (despite that all riders were in the bunch)

Scotty_Dog said:
What is this "being dropped" you speak of? I don't believe I have ever experienced this.:rolleyes:
This is where other riders (not you) cannot maintain the pace of the other riders riding togther in the pack and get left behind.

mikesbytes said:
This is where other riders (not you) cannot maintain the pace of the other riders riding togther in the pack and get left behind.
That situation it's hypothetical and does not exists, in the real world what some times seems as somebody it's "being dropped" what really occurs is that everyone but you got in the break :)

That's what a friend says every time he is dropped from the pack.

cuervo said:
That situation it's hypothetical and does not exists, in the real world what some times seems as somebody it's "being dropped" what really occurs is that everyone but you got in the break :)

That's what a friend says every time he is dropped from the pack.
"everyone apart from me got in the break" Thats excellent cuervo, I'll remember that one.

HAHA. I love it! Everyone got in the break apart from me! I'll unapologetically use that one!

my brake pad was rubbing against the rim ., why is it that half way up a hill certain rider's brake pads mysteriously take it upon themselves to rub against the rim!

my chain used to drop over the big ring and onto the crank, when I changed up...so I would tell them I lost my chain momentarily.:confused:
But after I had replaced the front derailleur (the adjusting screws on the old one had seized), that excuse didn't wash any more...;)

I wonder what that joke means - I'm overweight and undertrained. Sorry for not getting the gist... or maybe the joke is on me, hahahaaa.

I wore plastic shoes one time I went to visit my girlfriend. The kids around noticed it and they were making fun out of it. She was angry and she asked me whether I had made the shoes for myself! From that day she completely avoids talking to me.