exercise bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by geepeetee, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. geepeetee

    geepeetee Guest

    Hi

    I know its possibly a bit OT but can anyone advise a good model for £200
    ish, the Kettler corsa seems well built.

    cheers

    Gary

    Tags:

  2. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >From: "geepeetee" [email protected]

    >I know its possibly a bit OT but can anyone advise a good model for £200
    >ish, the Kettler corsa seems well built.
    >
    >cheers
    >
    >Gary

    I've got the Kettler Racer and it's great except for the bar placement which
    needs to be much more adjustable. I guess it's like bikes, if it fits, buy it.
    Bill C

  3. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, geepeetee
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I know its possibly a bit OT but can anyone advise a good model for
    > £200 ish, the Kettler corsa seems well built.

    Why would anyone want an 'exercise bike'? Get a real one. You'll get
    exercise. Plus transport. Plus fun. Plus a new way to get out and see
    the world.

    There really is nothing more tedious and pointless than sitting on a
    thing that's going nowhere puffing out your lungs against a brake. Get
    a bike, get out on the roads, and ride. You'll never regret it.

    ;; Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us
    ;; many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.
    ;; Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
    ;; Tom Stoppard, Artist Descending A Staircase

  4. geepeetee

    geepeetee Guest

    Hi

    Your'e right i commute the 15 miles round trip to work every day, its my
    wife and daughter i have trouble with (dark rainy nights)

    thanks for reply

    Gary
    > in message <[email protected]>, geepeetee
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I know its possibly a bit OT but can anyone advise a good model for
    >> £200 ish, the Kettler corsa seems well built.

    > Why would anyone want an 'exercise bike'? Get a real one. You'll get
    > exercise. Plus transport. Plus fun. Plus a new way to get out and see
    > the world.
    >
    > There really is nothing more tedious and pointless than sitting on a
    > thing that's going nowhere puffing out your lungs against a brake. Get
    > a bike, get out on the roads, and ride. You'll never regret it.
    >
    > --
    > [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    > ;; Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us
    > ;; many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.
    > ;; Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
    > ;; Tom Stoppard, Artist Descending A Staircase

  5. "geepeetee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi
    >
    > Your'e right i commute the 15 miles round trip to work every day, its my
    > wife and daughter i have trouble with (dark rainy nights)
    >
    > thanks for reply

    I don't know, excuses, excuses. Are you man or mouse ;)

    Rich

  6. geepeetee

    geepeetee Guest

    Pass the cheese

    "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "geepeetee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Your'e right i commute the 15 miles round trip to work every day, its my
    >> wife and daughter i have trouble with (dark rainy nights)
    >>
    >> thanks for reply
    >>

    > I don't know, excuses, excuses. Are you man or mouse ;)
    >
    > Rich

  7. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:05:07 GMT, Simon Brooke <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> I know its possibly a bit OT but can anyone advise a good model for
    >> £200 ish, the Kettler corsa seems well built.

    >Why would anyone want an 'exercise bike'? Get a real one. You'll get
    >exercise. Plus transport. Plus fun. Plus a new way to get out and see
    >the world.
    >
    >There really is nothing more tedious and pointless than sitting on a
    >thing that's going nowhere puffing out your lungs against a brake. Get
    >a bike, get out on the roads, and ride. You'll never regret it.

    Hi Simon

    I do agree with all of the above. However, in my late teens and early
    twenties, after I'd stopped playing rugby and before I started cycling
    again, I owned (still do, in fact) an excercise bike. What's more, I
    actually used it regularly.

    I never actually measured the number of miles I "rode". Rather,
    perhaps somewhat appropriately, I used AC/DC's Highway to Hell album
    as my clock.

    For anyone into somewhat predictable spoofs of Australian heavy metal,
    I offer you the excruciating <URL:http://www.kanyak.com/dws.html>

    James

  8. James Hodson