exercise challenge at work

Thotful560

Guest
We have an exercise challenge going on in my workplace..(we probably have well over 200 employees
but not all participate) This has been good and bad for me.

Good, because I am competitve enough to actually participate. BAD, now that I have realize how
compulsive I am when I invent an unrealistic goal! I scheduled 3x a week exercise, but to maximaize
my point total at work I was killing myself with 45 minute workouts that I came to dread after the
first (punishing) 2 weeks.

I took the 3rd week off, in a mental snit. My inner child rebelled in a big way. Points SHMOINTS! I
didn't care, didn't care..did NOT care. Well, sorta. Sat the inner brat down and compromised...while
eating 3 cookies. I *could* exercise 20 minutes a day, every day, rather than the excruciating 45
minutes every other day. Far less torture, and mentally less of a challenge to work into a busy day.
*Only* 20 minutes seems so much kinder and milder than Gotta DO 45, OR ELSE. (How do I get the drill
seargeant in my head to chill?? LOL...or am I the only anal obsessive one here??)

Guess what?? It worked. I haven't missed a 20 minute session on my rowing machine since then, and I
have lost 2 pounds!!! In spite of the cookies. And I feel great. Teresa

That is great that you were able to comprise with your "inner brat" and continue your exercise. I
think that is what WW is about. Realizing that things don't always go as we plan and being able to
adapt and overcome and still continue on the journey to a healthy life. Kristine Quilici
"Thotful560" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040225201534.08910.00000310@mb-
m13.aol.com... We have an exercise challenge going on in my workplace..(we probably have well over
[...]

Those inner brats can be tough negotiators!! That you were able to work out a deal with only 3
cookies is quite a triumph for you. Congrats to your inner brat for helping you accomplish your
kinder, milder exercise strategy. You and the brat make a great team!

Prairie Roots On 26 Feb 2004 01:15:34 GMT, [email protected] (Thotful560) wrote:

>We have an exercise challenge going on in my workplace..(we probably have well over 200 employees
>but not all participate) This has been good and bad for me.
>
>Good, because I am competitve enough to actually participate. BAD, now that I have realize how
>compulsive I am when I invent an unrealistic goal! I scheduled 3x a week exercise, but to maximaize
>my point total at work I was killing myself with 45 minute workouts that I came to dread after the
>first (punishing) 2 weeks.
>
>I took the 3rd week off, in a mental snit. My inner child rebelled in a big way. Points SHMOINTS!
>I didn't care, didn't care..did NOT care. Well, sorta. Sat the inner brat down and
>compromised...while eating 3 cookies. I *could* exercise 20 minutes a day, every day, rather than
>the excruciating 45 minutes every other day. Far less torture, and mentally less of a challenge
>to work into a busy day. *Only* 20 minutes seems so much kinder and milder than Gotta DO 45, OR
>ELSE. (How do I get the drill seargeant in my head to chill?? LOL...or am I the only anal
>obsessive one here??)
>
>Guess what?? It worked. I haven't missed a 20 minute session on my rowing machine since then, and I
>have lost 2 pounds!!! In spite of the cookies. And I feel great. Teresa

Excellent, Teresa!! 20 minutes a day is great!!

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

Thotful560 wrote:
> We have an exercise challenge going on in my workplace..(we probably have well over 200 employees
> but not all participate) This has been good and bad for me.
>
> Good, because I am competitve enough to actually participate. BAD, now that I have realize how
> compulsive I am when I invent an unrealistic goal! I scheduled 3x a week exercise, but to
> maximaize my point total at work I was killing myself with 45 minute workouts that I came to dread
> after the first (punishing) 2 weeks.
>
> I took the 3rd week off, in a mental snit. My inner child rebelled in a big way. Points SHMOINTS!
> I didn't care, didn't care..did NOT care. Well, sorta. Sat the inner brat down and
> compromised...while eating 3 cookies. I *could* exercise 20 minutes a day, every day, rather than
> the excruciating 45 minutes every other day. Far less torture, and mentally less of a challenge
> to work into a busy day. *Only* 20 minutes seems so much kinder and milder than Gotta DO 45, OR
> ELSE. (How do I get the drill seargeant in my head to chill?? LOL...or am I the only anal
> obsessive one here??)
>
> Guess what?? It worked. I haven't missed a 20 minute session on my rowing machine since then, and
> I have lost 2 pounds!!! In spite of the cookies. And I feel great. Teresa

you have successfully gotten over a bout of "perfect" and you are exercising
more plus a loss, I am extremely happy for you, Lee
Thotful560 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> We have an exercise challenge going on in my workplace..(we probably have
well
> over 200 employees but not all participate) This has been good and bad for me.
>
> Good, because I am competitve enough to actually participate. BAD, now that I have realize how
> compulsive I am when I invent an
unrealistic
> goal! I scheduled 3x a week exercise, but to maximaize my point total at work I
was
> killing myself with 45 minute workouts that I came to dread after the
first
> (punishing) 2 weeks.
>
> I took the 3rd week off, in a mental snit. My inner child rebelled in a
big
> way. Points SHMOINTS! I didn't care, didn't care..did NOT care. Well,
sorta.
> Sat the inner brat down and compromised...while eating 3 cookies. I *could* exercise 20 minutes a
> day, every day, rather than the
excruciating
> 45 minutes every other day. Far less torture, and mentally less of a
challenge
> to work into a busy day. *Only* 20 minutes seems so much kinder and milder than Gotta DO 45, OR
ELSE.
> (How do I get the drill seargeant in my head to chill?? LOL...or am I the
only
> anal obsessive one here??)
>
> Guess what?? It worked. I haven't missed a 20 minute session on my rowing machine since then, and
> I have lost 2 pounds!!! In spite of the cookies. And I feel great. Teresa

Nice job, Teresa... I bet it feels great!

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.4/172