Exercise ?

It's a very good idea to do stretches before you ride. Warm up and get prepared. That way you can last longer and you won't feel as bad physically.

I do a basic(for me) stretch routine. I worm up my joints. After that i stretch my legs,quads and hamstrings separately. When i finish with hamstring stretching i do my calves.For me this is very important because i am prone to injuries concerning my knee ligaments so i never go without having this routine done. After my calves i do my back stretch, i focus on my lower back because it is another of my weak points. The rest , like chest and arms i never stretch to much. But i forgot about my neck. My neck is well stretched always.

I do a basic(for me) stretch routine. I worm up my joints. After that i stretch my legs,quads and hamstrings separately. When i finish with hamstring stretching i do my calves.For me this is very important because i am prone to injuries concerning my knee ligaments so i never go without having this routine done. After my calves i do my back stretch, i focus on my lower back because it is another of my weak points. The rest , like chest and arms i never stretch to much. But i forgot about my neck. My neck is well stretched always.

I'm quite fit already. I can get on my bike first thing in the morning and cycle 20-30 kilometers without suffering from any muscle stiffness and aches. But I do advise those that are starting out to do around 20 minutes of warm up exercises. If you have a medical condition or at an advanced age, I suggest that you consult your doctor before commencing with any sort of exercise regiment.

Well, I only ride 3 times a week on average. And I don't get to ride long distances during the week, only when I have significant free time during the weekends. I stick to an ordinary exercise routine which includes warm ups, sit-ups, crunches, weight-lifting and running short distances every morning.

I almost always stretch my legs after biking to relieve some minor pain after workout. My rides often last more than 30 minutes, that includes commuting and leisure.

Sometimes I forget about it, but doing some stretches before riding a bike is a great exercise and will actually help you lot. The chances for you to hurt yourself reduces dramatically when you do it. So yeah, I'll try not to forget about it.

I sometimes stretch, but most of the time I start off slow to let my legs warm up then increase my pace slowly and progressively. It works for be perfectly.

Stretching is the basic exercise that everybody should do. You should stretch your legs at least 5 times before your cycling. These basic streching are very important for cyclists like us.

I sometimes stretch, but most of the time I start off slow to let my legs warm up then increase my pace slowly and progressively. It works for be perfectly.
Yes, that's what I am talking about. Just warming up a little bit is necessary.

Before I mount on my bike, I do some stretching of my back, necks, limbs and torso. These are the parts of my body that are stressed and impacted when I am cycling. I do not go biking without stretching first, because my muscles hurt more after the ride and they feel very stiff and difficult to move. Before and after stretching is very important to avoid injury and muscle pains. Stretching also circulates the blood before a heavy physical activity like cycling, so it kinda like readies the muscles and our body for some activity.
That's a good though. Strecthing your whole body might benefit you but the most important thing is to strech your legs.

I never stretch
Maybe not as safe a bet as you think:

Does stretching before or after exercise prevent injuries and soreness? - The Boston Globe
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/02/sports/playmagazine/112pewarm.html
When to Stretch - Why Experts Recommend Athletes Stretch After Exercise
Stretching before exercising doesn't prevent injuries - baltimoresun.com
Stretching before exercise: do you need to? - Health & Wellbeing

That's a tiny sampling of the published work on the myth of the necessity of stretching, particularly prior to exercise. No, you're probably not alone in your belief as old myths die hard but believing something doesn't make it true....

-Dave
I stopped stretching beforehand after reading the same stuff. Now I just go with a light warm up and that is usually enough to get rid of any tightness in my muscles before riding. Afterwards, I'll stretch and use a foam roller.

I try to do the old "daily dozen" from my Army days. I never was into weight lifting but I do some resistance stuff. I stretch for a few minutes before I get on the bike, mostly for my back. I start out easy then work my way into more demanding riding.

The basic stretches are very important. In fact, they are one of the most important parts of my workout session. Warm up is also very necessary. Usually, I do some pushups and situps before my riding session. I would recommend everyone do warm up before the session. You should do it for at least for 5 minutes before the session.

I normally don't do anything, I know stretching is very important but most of the time I forget to do them. Till now I haven't had any problems because of it.

I practise almost all the exercises. Exercise helps the body in many ways and that is why I do it daily. Irrespective of my riding session, I practice almost all the exercise. Before my cycling session, I do some basic stretching. I am sure most of the cyclist do that because it helps to relieve muscle tension and that s required for riding the bike properly.