exercising one a week - is it good?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by BenitoJuarez1862, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. It is a common knowledge that exercising daily is very benefitial for one's
    health. But what about exercising once a week? Or once in two weeks? Is there
    any benefit from such irregular exercises? Is it possible that such irregular
    exercises could damage the heart? I presume, a lot depends on the intensity....

    Tags:

  2. BenitoJuarez1862 wrote:

    > It is a common knowledge that exercising daily is very benefitial for one's
    > health. But what about exercising once a week?

    Not as good.

    > Or once in two weeks?

    Ditto.

    > Is there
    > any benefit from such irregular exercises?

    Better than no exercise.

    > Is it possible that such irregular
    > exercises could damage the heart?

    Not from just being irregular.

    > I presume, a lot depends on the intensity....

    More depends on the kind of exercise.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist