exercising one a week - is it good?

BenitoJuarez1862

Guest
It is a common knowledge that exercising daily is very benefitial for one's
health. But what about exercising once a week? Or once in two weeks? Is there
any benefit from such irregular exercises? Is it possible that such irregular
exercises could damage the heart? I presume, a lot depends on the intensity....

BenitoJuarez1862 wrote:

> It is a common knowledge that exercising daily is very benefitial for one's
> health. But what about exercising once a week?

Not as good.

> Or once in two weeks?

Ditto.

> Is there
> any benefit from such irregular exercises?

Better than no exercise.

> Is it possible that such irregular
> exercises could damage the heart?

Not from just being irregular.

> I presume, a lot depends on the intensity....

More depends on the kind of exercise.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist