Expectations?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by STXR814, Feb 20, 2009.

1. STXR814

STXR814 New Member

First of all, I want to thank those of you I have asked about wheels for my current bike, an Allez Elite. I have weighed the option of buying wheels for it versus buying another bike. I shopped for bikes and found a Tarmac Expert for $1600. I was prepared to pay $600-$700 for wheels for my Allez Elite so if I put that money plus say $600-$700 for selling mine then I'm out at most $200 or so for a bike that IMO my Allez Elite would never be. I found it on Craigslist and its an 07 mostly ridden on a trainer and its being delivered to me professionally packaged and delivered by a LBS. My question is I've never ridden a carbon frame bike and this bike is completely stock and what should I expect the first time riding it? Is it going to be a night/day difference between it and my Allez Elite? Will it be that much more quicker and faster? Will it be squirly because of the weight difference? Thanks for you help and answers I'd just like to have an idea of what to expect and if it was worth the money.

Tags:

2. dgregory57

dgregory57 New Member

If it is squirrely it will not be because of the weight, but because of the geometry... But, I don't know enough about the two bikes to know if the geometries are different enough for that to be an issue.