Experience w/ Colorado Cyclist !?

gds

Guest
I have had a terrible experience with CC in which they did not stand
behind what I feel is a (expensive) defective item. Have others had the
same or another experience. After this I've sworn off of them.

What item did they not stand behind? Was it the $538 jacket? Or was it
the "on sale" $2800 wheelset? Maybe its the $3399 crankset? Please,
inquring minds want to know.....

I'm not atempting to start a debate on the merits (or not) of my
particular situation. I simply am interested if this situation- not
standing behind what they sell- seems to be an aberation or a pattern.

I've always had good experience with them, they are my preferred mail order
supplier. That said, I've never had return a defective item to them.

I miss the old days when you would call them up and tell them what you want
(as in "I'd like an XT crankset, 175mm length, please), instead of now,
where you talk to a drone in front of CRT like everywhere else.

Chris Neary
[email protected]

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure: what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh

On 31 Aug 2005 15:07:22 -0700, "gds" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have had a terrible experience with CC in which they did not stand
>behind what I feel is a (expensive) defective item. Have others had the
>same or another experience. After this I've sworn off of them.

My experiences (over the past fifteen years) have been universally
good. I've spent literally thousands of dollars with them, including
purchasing a complete bike, and have never been disappointed.

Purchased a crankset and a couple knick knacks from them. I have
always had good experiences.

Shipment has been prompt and items have arrived as advertised &
undamaged.
Claude