Experience with Bontrager X-Lite Aero?

Core 22

Aug 10, 2003
Hi,

could someone tell me details about aerodynamic, especially durability, weight, ...

Someone told me that he destroyed the rims (the wall of the rim seems to be very thin), and had to buy new ones for 130 $ apiece...

Thx for your help!

$130 a rim? You sure about that? A set of those rims usually goes for around 750 stones. I have a set of '01 Bontrager Race X Lite. The rear rim cracked after about 9 months, but it fell underneath the 1 year warranty and my LBS replaced it. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with them.

Jakebrake said:
Yep, I look at that and see that the Alu rims go for 750 stones a pair, 1350 a pair for the Carbon wheels. :)

No the wheel-set costs 750 stones (completely with rims and hubs and spokes ;) ). I'm from Germany and we're able to get this wheel set for 469 Euro (about 500 $ I think; don't know why, Bontrager seems to be not so popular in our country), so the price of 130 Euro per rim is realistic...

Core 22 said:
No the wheel-set costs 750 stones (completely with rims and hubs and spokes ;) ). I'm from Germany and we're able to get this wheel set for 469 Euro (about 500 $ I think; don't know why, Bontrager seems to be not so popular in our country), so the price of 130 Euro per rim is realistic...

Ah, I see. In your first post you had a $ sign next to 130. :)

Jakebrake said:
Ah, I see. In your first post you had a $ sign next to 130. :)

Oops, my fault. Use it sometimes cause my keybord has no Euro symbol :eek: .

I wonder why so few (hope that's the right word, I wanted to say the opposite of "a lot of" :rolleyes: ) people use this wheel set. I thought that Bontrager is very popular in the US?!? I tried to get some field reports about the Aeros in German bike-forums, but no one was able to help me :(