experiences with "the fit kit"

quinn8it

Oct 19, 2004
Hello... I have a bit of a frankenstein bike. I bought it a little more than 3 years ago. With hind site, I now know that I got a pathetic fitting.(ie first 1/2 of fit the front wheel was not on the lift to level it with the rear...once i pointed that out he rushed to finish) At one point I realized that my stem was to long and threw the shortest(cheapest) one that I could find on. I was in an accident that resulted in a bent seat post and I just swapped the post for a new one, that positions the seat further back.(i now think to far) and as I have learned more about cycling and bike fit I believe that the frame is not ideal size to begin with. The accident probably also bent the frame slightly....
On to my question:
I want to get a propper fitting and while the search function turned up many threads about the importance of a good fit, I couldnt find anything about the system called "THE FIT KIT" has anyone had any experience with this system. It seams to be a program that measurements and personal data are entered into, and it will guide the fitting. There are a few LBS near me that use this system and I was just wondering if anyone has had good or bad results. or does anyone have a better route to go for a fitting.

Thanks

Go to http://bikefitkit.com/ and read it. This system has helped many people. It worked for my girlfreind. It cost us $25.00 to get it done as we weren't buying a bike from the shop where we got it done. I think they gave us a break on the price though because I have been a good customer of their's and driven a lot of business their way. Anyway, it took almost an hour with a lot of measurements that were plugged into the computer and gave us the basic dimensions. After that, they pulled down one of their stock bikes with those dimensions to make sure it was right. Because of her personal preference, she wanted one slightly larger but the fit kit definitely got us in the right ballpark;) .

To anyone who is looking for a bicycle fitting. I just completed a fitting at my LBS, using the FIT KIT . I was very happy with the experience! It was confirmed that my frame was sold to me slightly to large, and even though I had made some adjustments on my own to compensate, I needed to compensate a little more. All in all I am very happy with the way the bike fits now (based on a short ride) and I am looking forward to a long ride to confirm this.

One other bennifit of this system is that you leave with exact dimensions for your perfect fit... that will come in handy when I buy a new bike...