Exploded Diagram for Suntour XC Pro Shifter?

Steve Gale

Guest
Does anyone have an exploded diagram for a Suntour XC Pro thumb shifter?

Took one apart this afternoon - only to have the bits spring out and
re-arrange themselves on the floor - I'm trying to sort out which way the
two cone shaped spring washers go - the other bits all appear to have
obvious places to go.

Failing that - any ideas on a thumb shifter which can be set to friction
mode and work with an old 5 speed?

thanks
Steve Gale.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:35:24 GMT, Steve Gale <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone have an exploded diagram for a Suntour XC Pro thumb shifter?
>
> Took one apart this afternoon - only to have the bits spring out and
> re-arrange themselves on the floor - I'm trying to sort out which way the
> two cone shaped spring washers go - the other bits all appear to have
> obvious places to go.
>
> Failing that - any ideas on a thumb shifter which can be set to friction
> mode and work with an old 5 speed?
>
> thanks
> Steve Gale.

Suntour XC Pro, eh? There's a blast from the past!
St John St cycles has loads of different shifters - this one will work:
http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item5898.htm
But they have lots of others which could too.
Good luck.

Chris
--
|C|H|R|I|S|@|T|R|I|N|I|T|Y|W|I|L|L|S|.|C|O|M|
Remove the bars to contact me

Chris - thanks - ordered one this afternoon.

sdg.