Explorer maps for Germany

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:39:20 +0100, MIB wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> Do Germany produce similar maps to the OL 1.25,000 series.
>
> If so does anyone know of a supplier.

I don't think so. It seems to me that the generally available series is
1:50,000, produced by the surveying authorities of the individual federal
states. The ones I have are well marked with walking paths.

The German cycling federation (ADFC) has a series in 1:150,000 covering the
whole country and publishers such Kompass and Bikeline (Esterbauer) produce
walking and cycling maps and guides for the most frequented areas in
varying scales.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/index.htm is a good resource. The 'Special
Interest' drop down on 'Search' has categories for cycling maps and walking
maps.
--
Michael MacClancy