Exploring a new trail !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Wanted to find where the old rail that is now a trail started in my town. The problem is I can see the outline by satellite but can't find the entrance point. So today I went to the halfway point of the trail and headed toward my town to see If I could find where it comes out. Well now I know where it starts and can't wait to go explore the many side trails off the main section I was on. Always fun finding new areas to play in.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2mBbT4RxEU

Whenever I would see a post with a video of a trail, I couldn't control myself from watching. I'm not honest if I say I don't envy those rides. That's my regret because I was already old when I started biking. It would have been more enjoyable for me with the adventure rides that are fit for the younger people. But I am still hoping that someday I can buy a new mountain bike and ride on a trail like that.

Reactions: zipp2001
I'm an old dog and can't hang with the youngsters anymore, but I still like to go out and push myself once and a while. On this ride I was scouting out the trail and seeing the conditions which were very soft so not many areas to get up to speed, but still fun and that's what's important.
I always enjoy your comments and thanks for checking out the video. I hope your able to get a bike and ride in the future.

Yeah, it's really fun biking and navigating your way through a new trail; it's a whole new experience. Even now that I'm stuck in the city, I always try to explore every possible route just to discover something new in the city. Also, nice cars you got there.

Yes it is always fun to explore new areas whether on the road or trails. Thanks for watching and the Zed is a fun car.

I will check a satellite view of a trail area using (Map My Ride) that I haven't been on before I head out. I tend to look for different land marks and I'm pretty good remembering where I've made turns. I don't make my first ride in an unknown and real long one maybe venture out 5 miles from my starting point and stay in the surrounding area. Once I have the first visit done I'll go explore more and more each time out. Just expand your comfort zone a little at a time, and have fun.

I will check a satellite view of a trail area using (Map My Ride) that I haven't been on before I head out. I tend to look for different land marks and I'm pretty good remembering where I've made turns. I don't make my first ride in an unknown and real long one maybe venture out 5 miles from my starting point and stay in the surrounding area. Once I have the first visit done I'll go explore more and more each time out. Just expand your comfort zone a little at a time, and have fun.
Thank you for the tips! I appreciate it much and would definitely follow it.

This one is my favorite things to do, when I was in province, exploring new trails. I love to do this specially during the afternoon ride. Although sometimes I feel not safe, but this one giving me more excitement.

Hmm, I haven't thought of using satellite view for newer trails, I usually just go somewhere when my friends have already been there. Well, at least when I'm not stuck in the city.

I wan't to also explore new areas but I'm a bit afraid i might get lost. Do you have any tips for this?

I think better to mark the trees to avoid that, you have to remember the marked, this is very important things to specially if you're alone and looking for the new trails.