Exporting CP to Polar .hrm file

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by allenpg, Apr 12, 2006.

1. allenpg

allenpg New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem exporting from Cyclingpeaks to a Polar .hrm file. I can import the data into the Polar software OK, but I end up with errors in the data, such as heart rates of 240 (my max is 200) and power readings over 1900. The data appears correctly in CP. I imagine some of this has to do with my PowerTap SL sampling every 1 second vs Polar is usually 5 sec. BTW, I use Polar as my main diary because I used Polar for running and MTBing.

Has anyone experience this and/or found a work around?

Thanks!
    -Pete

Tags:

2. Dini77

Dini77 New Member

Pete, i've also encountered this problem. Personally, i think you're better off importing your hrm files from polar software into CP and use CP as your main diary. Find your polar hrm file in the data folder and just drag and drop the file into CP in the calendar view. All the data is retained and analysis is much, much better in CP than Polar IMO.

To answer your question, firstly the HR data from PT is generally pretty lousy (at least mine is) and i get numerous spikes caused by *whatever* to the levels you mention, so not suprised why this is all screwed up in Polar. Even in CP, my HR data is often all over the place.

The power fluctuations surprised me as well as those spikes don't appear in CP. Don't know why and my solution was to manually edit the data points in Polar Precision. Right click on the curve, select Error Correction, click on the tab for Power and manually edit the data. I also found that Cadence data is also all messed up when transfering from CP to Polar. All this is very fiddly and very time consuming, why not just use CP

3. F1_Fan

F1_Fan New Member

Same problem here and I'm pretty sure it's due to the difference in sampling frequency and some sloppy math in CP when the data is converted to a 5s frequency. Well, I don't say sloppy to be harsh but proper testing of that function should've uncovered the issue.

I've been meaning to write my own converter but just haven't found the time.

Like you, I use PPP to track multiple sports.