Extensive drug dossier on Hamilton and Riis from 2003 - named in Operation Puerto

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by whiteboytrash, Aug 20, 2006.

1. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

http://politiken.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=471794

Documents uncovered by Spanish authorities in the investigation into the ‘Operacion Puerto’ drugs affair reveal that former Team CSC leader Tyler Hamilton actively used EPO, growth hormones, testosterone and insulin on 114 of 200 days during the 2003 season, according to Danish newspaper Politiken.

Documents uncovered by Spanish authorities in the investigation into the ‘Operacion Puerto’ drugs affair reveal that former Team CSC leader Tyler Hamilton actively used EPO, growth hormones, testosterone and insulin on 114 of 200 days during the 2003 season, according to Danish newspaper Politiken.

The report claimed that the programme of doping described in the diary was so extensive that an entire team of helpers must have been involved. Team CSC director and former Tour de France winner Bjarne Riis denied any knowledge of Hamilton's use of banned substances, despite close daily contact with the American:

“I'd like to remind people that we were living in hotels and not in prison. When a stage is over, the riders have free time. Then, everyone looks after himself,” he insisted.

Hamilton finished fourth in the Tour de France in 2003 when riding for the Danish team, and took gold at the Olympic Games in Athens a year later.

He tested positive for the stamina-enhancing drug EPO in September 2004 and received a two year ban from the sport.

Tags:

2. jonjungel

jonjungel New Member

There's been some of doping trouble around Riis lately.
    If one assumes Riis is guilty of something, why would he allow that documentary to be made in the first half of 2004...? If he organised doping activities in the team, or just knew that some team riders were doping, having lots of strangers follow you around with cameras would be a huge security risk.

3. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

unless you hire a production company from your native Denmark which is owned by a friend of yours.....

4. JRMDC

JRMDC New Member

114 days of use, use during 57% of the riding days, and no positive tests! Testing is futile, just futile.

5. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

You're right... I didn't think of that.... I wonder how they get around the testing when they are taking so many substances.... ?

6. tcklyde

tcklyde New Member

It's obvious he was framed.

7. Dead Star

Dead Star New Member

and here's a translation from that article by a dane on another forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I present to you, Tyler Hamilton's 2003 in doping: Well it started in 2002 actually where he 12 times took EPO, from the 21st of December to the 8th of January (conveniently enough having a break at the 25th and the 31st, even riders have holidays). The quantities vary through the calendar, it's either 1000 or 2000, those in the start of the year were 2000.
    At the 14th of January he had his blood tapped for the first time, he then had a 10 day break before starting on a combined treatment of anabolic steroids and EPO, taking anabolic steroids every day from the 24th to the 31st, and taking EPO 3 times during period. From the 2nd of February to the 8th, he took EPO every 3rd day (quantity 2000).
    A new period again started off by first tapping blood, then getting he old blood reinserted and then taking both EPO and anabolic steroids, all in the same day. He continued the treatment with EPO and anabolic steroids every day for 12 days, throwing in a blood analysis too.
    To prepare for Paris - Nice he begun taking Gonadotropines (A term for hormones that among other things increase your testosterone production), and a little shot of Epocrin (Russian EPO). This treatment stopped two days before the start of P-N; he also had his blood reinserted at that date.
    Hamilton won the mountain jersey in the race, but otherwise didn't make that much of a mark. The day after the race he had his blood tapped twice, a shot of growth hormone and some EPO.
    The next period saw a treatment of EPO, growth hormone and insulin; he took it every other day up till the start of Criterium International, still taking growth hormone during the race. After the race e continued with growth hormones and insulin, also taking a day of taking and reinserting blood, just three days from the start of Pais Vasco.
    The first day of the race was marked off with a shot of growth hormone, and also ended with a shot of growth hormone. He finished second to Iban Mayo, but most were of the perception that he didn’t go 100% in the final rain wet TT, and therefore lost the race there. The next days he continued with the growth hormone and got his first blood doping too. He rode Fleche Wallone, but finished only 14th. This started a period with no doping for 13 days, but with plenty of success on the road as he both won Liege – Bastogne – Liege and Tour de Romandie.
    The day after his Tour de Romandie victory was celebrated with the ritual tapping of blood, and then the following days a massive EPO cure; from the 6th of May to the 22nd he took EPO and anabolic steroids almost every day. And then gradually slowing down his intake of EPO, till the 2nd of June where he got his blood tapped and reinserted, he subsequently got some growth hormone the 3rd and the 5th, exactly a month before the Tour.
    He rode Dauphine Libere without taking anything, but finished the race with the usual tapping and reinserting of blood. The finish of the race also marked the start of the final preparations for the Tour. Setting off with growth hormone and then gradually taking some Epocrin and Insulin Growth Hormone(IGH). His last intake of IGH was at the 1st of July, a mere 4 days before the start of the Tour. At the 2nd of June he got his blood tapped twice and got 3 reinsertions of blood, he also got one on the 3rd, the same day he got tested by the Tour de France management. His two blood insertions during the Tour were at the 11th, the day before the first Alp stage and at the 17th the day before the first big TT. Hamilton won the 16th stage, the 23rd of July and finished 4th in the race, despite a broken collarbone.

Bjarne Riis has of course denied knowing about this, although Hamilton among other things got two blood insertions during the Tour. A very complicated thing to do, and impossible to do alone, according to a doping expert it would take at least 4-5 people.

If you wanna see for yourself, this is the calendar. E is blood tapping. R is blood insertion. A is analisys. A dot is EPO(quantity 1000), a dot with a circle round it is EPO(quantity 2000). A circle is anabolic steroids. A circle with a dot and an arrow in it is Epocrin. A * is growth hormone. IG is insulin growth hormone. HM is gonadotropines. I-G is insulin. C is control, made by the Tour de France management.

8. acpinto

acpinto New Member

why do you think LA never tested positive. (It´s confirmed, i´m obecessed by the Great cheater of all times):)

9. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Thanks DS...... Fark me... that is elaborate.... I wonder who introduced him to Fuentes ? Surely Hamilton can't still be denying using PED's ?

10. Dead Star

Dead Star New Member

I just hope this will unravel more about CSC. Jaksche won Paris-Nice with them don't forget. I can only presume he made a move back to Spain the next year to be closer to Fuentes :p

11. acpinto

acpinto New Member

I think it was fuentes who intruduce himself to hamilton.
    How do i know that?
    I don´t know, but economy explains it. He was a good customer, coming out of USP, losing ferrari connection. If i was fuentes i would try to contact him.:D

Do you think hwe won enough money to buy all these PED:(

12. Dead Star

Dead Star New Member

i wonder if Riis gave him a helping hand :D

13. tcklyde

tcklyde New Member

So is he man or machine? You'd think only a machine could take that much manipulation... But only a man could be such a lousy liar.

14. acpinto

acpinto New Member

I don´t know.

Lance was is neighbour. LAnce his a good business man. Maybee Lance loaned him the money, and got the interests. That´s why he, when lance felt in 2003, asked everybody to wait for him.

A Mario Puzzo´s story.

15. WINGNUTT

WINGNUTT New Member

Where is this calendar? anyone know?

16. bobke

bobke New Member

Where is this diary published and has it been authenticated?
    Just a few small questions, right?
    Many on this forum are defending Jan and Basso and CV saying there are no positive urines and just hearsay faxes. How is this different for Tyler?

BTW, sice Tyler was making 800,000 euros a year, I dont think he would have to borrow money for anything, except lawyers.

17. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

That is rich coming from you.

There are a lot of people that just cannot admit the obvious about the athletes they are fans of. Armstrong was a doper. Ullrich and Basso are also dopers. Whether they are cheaters is a whole different can of worms. I never use the word "cheat" when it comes to doping in cycling because I think doping is so prevalent that it is not a fair description of what the people who happen to get caught are doing, so I will not call Armstrong or Ullrich cheaters. I do think Armstrong holding himself out as an example to cancer patients while doping to win is contemptible, though.

18. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Are you saying you missed that article yesterday on Hamilton and how innocent he still is? It is an amazing piece of investigative journalism...um, I mean, crap. The title is great, though! Isn't bottling his competitive juices what got him in trouble in the first place :D .

[​IMG] Jim Fennell: Hamilton resumes long climb back to the top (New Hampshire Union Leader)
    Tyler Hamilton had been waiting a year to release the competitive juices forcibly bottled up because of what he claims is a flawed system.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rs...12-057546723990

19. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

No, if you borrow money for lawyers you have to pay it back. He just accepted donations from his fans. While lying through his teeth to them.

But, as Bro Deal has discussed about whether doping is cheating, I think all of them ( the riders ) really believe that have not cheated either. Just doped. That's why Landis maintains so firmly that he won fair and square.

20. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Hamilton failed a blood test.
    That's how it's different.