Extensive drug dossier on Hamilton and Riis from 2003 - named in Operation Puerto

bobke said:
Where is this diary published and has it been authenticated?
Just a few small questions, right?
Many on this forum are defending Jan and Basso and CV saying there are no positive urines and just hearsay faxes. How is this different for Tyler?

BTW, sice Tyler was making 800,000 euros a year, I dont think he would have to borrow money for anything, except lawyers.
Hamilton & Fuentes: w'll have to wait how it will develope But there is a big difference with other riders on the Fuenets list:Hamilton tested positive, it's better to compare him with Heras...

The most amazing thing about that story was the 2nd place finisher - 51 years old! I'm inspired now.

As for Hamilton - give it up, dude. You're now the poster boy for what is wrong with the sport.

nns1400 said:
Are you saying you missed that article yesterday on Hamilton and how innocent he still is? It is an amazing piece of investigative journalism...um, I mean, ****. The title is great, though! Isn't bottling his competitive juices what got him in trouble in the first place :D .

icon1.gif
Jim Fennell: Hamilton resumes long climb back to the top (New Hampshire Union Leader)
Tyler Hamilton had been waiting a year to release the competitive juices forcibly bottled up because of what he claims is a flawed system.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rs...12-057546723990

JohnO said:
The most amazing thing about that story was the 2nd place finisher - 51 years old! I'm inspired now.
Wel unless you are a former mountain bike world champion with the nickname "The Lung" I would not get your hopes up about duplicating the feat. Ned Overend is a machine.

Bro Deal said:
I never use the word "cheat" when it comes to doping in cycling because I think doping is so prevalent that it is not a fair description of what the people who happen to get caught are doing, so I will not call Armstrong or Ullrich cheaters.
Sorry, but all riders are not equal with doping. The richest riders have the "best" doctors, ...
And some riders do'nt use doping or just a few because of they have no other choices, so they are stolen!

bobke said:
Where is this diary published and has it been authenticated?
Just a few small questions, right?
Many on this forum are defending Jan and Basso and CV saying there are no positive urines and just hearsay faxes. How is this different for Tyler?

BTW, sice Tyler was making 800,000 euros a year, I dont think he would have to borrow money for anything, except lawyers.
I was only kidding. Ease off man.
But Tyler isn´t a case like jan or basso or amstrong. They are suspects of dopping. I think they are dopers,but yet to be proved.

Another thught with the amount of riders leaving US Postal, next year will be rich in positive tests ( only Kidding bobke, please don´t kill me!)

limerickman said:
Hamilton failed a blood test.
That's how it's different.
The title of this thread is about the alleged dossier on Hamilton in 2003, and my question is regards people saying they spoke to Jan's brother and everything will be fine, how is the Hamilton dossier different and any opinions how Hamiltons alleged dossier is being so openly published and stuff on Jan and Basso is evaporating?

bobke said:
The title of this thread is about the alleged dossier on Hamilton in 2003, and my question is regards people saying they spoke to Jan's brother and everything will be fine, how is the Hamilton dossier different and any opinions how Hamiltons alleged dossier is being so openly published and stuff on Jan and Basso is evaporating?

The simple answer to thst is "hypocrisy reigns supreme".

I have one question. Why does the initial post claim that Tyler failed an EPO test?

Dead Star said:
and here's a translation from that article by a dane on another forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I present to you, Tyler Hamilton's 2003 in doping: Well it started in 2002 actually where he 12 times took EPO, from the 21st of December to the 8th of January (conveniently enough having a break at the 25th and the 31st, even riders have holidays). The quantities vary through the calendar, it's either 1000 or 2000, those in the start of the year were 2000.
At the 14th of January he had his blood tapped for the first time, he then had a 10 day break before starting on a combined treatment of anabolic steroids and EPO, taking anabolic steroids every day from the 24th to the 31st, and taking EPO 3 times during period. From the 2nd of February to the 8th, he took EPO every 3rd day (quantity 2000).
A new period again started off by first tapping blood, then getting he old blood reinserted and then taking both EPO and anabolic steroids, all in the same day. He continued the treatment with EPO and anabolic steroids every day for 12 days, throwing in a blood analysis too.
To prepare for Paris - Nice he begun taking Gonadotropines (A term for hormones that among other things increase your testosterone production), and a little shot of Epocrin (Russian EPO). This treatment stopped two days before the start of P-N; he also had his blood reinserted at that date.
Hamilton won the mountain jersey in the race, but otherwise didn't make that much of a mark. The day after the race he had his blood tapped twice, a shot of growth hormone and some EPO.
The next period saw a treatment of EPO, growth hormone and insulin; he took it every other day up till the start of Criterium International, still taking growth hormone during the race. After the race e continued with growth hormones and insulin, also taking a day of taking and reinserting blood, just three days from the start of Pais Vasco.
The first day of the race was marked off with a shot of growth hormone, and also ended with a shot of growth hormone. He finished second to Iban Mayo, but most were of the perception that he didn’t go 100% in the final rain wet TT, and therefore lost the race there. The next days he continued with the growth hormone and got his first blood doping too. He rode Fleche Wallone, but finished only 14th. This started a period with no doping for 13 days, but with plenty of success on the road as he both won Liege – Bastogne – Liege and Tour de Romandie.
The day after his Tour de Romandie victory was celebrated with the ritual tapping of blood, and then the following days a massive EPO cure; from the 6th of May to the 22nd he took EPO and anabolic steroids almost every day. And then gradually slowing down his intake of EPO, till the 2nd of June where he got his blood tapped and reinserted, he subsequently got some growth hormone the 3rd and the 5th, exactly a month before the Tour.
He rode Dauphine Libere without taking anything, but finished the race with the usual tapping and reinserting of blood. The finish of the race also marked the start of the final preparations for the Tour. Setting off with growth hormone and then gradually taking some Epocrin and Insulin Growth Hormone(IGH). His last intake of IGH was at the 1st of July, a mere 4 days before the start of the Tour. At the 2nd of June he got his blood tapped twice and got 3 reinsertions of blood, he also got one on the 3rd, the same day he got tested by the Tour de France management. His two blood insertions during the Tour were at the 11th, the day before the first Alp stage and at the 17th the day before the first big TT. Hamilton won the 16th stage, the 23rd of July and finished 4th in the race, despite a broken collarbone.

Bjarne Riis has of course denied knowing about this, although Hamilton among other things got two blood insertions during the Tour. A very complicated thing to do, and impossible to do alone, according to a doping expert it would take at least 4-5 people.

If you wanna see for yourself, this is the calendar. E is blood tapping. R is blood insertion. A is analisys. A dot is EPO(quantity 1000), a dot with a circle round it is EPO(quantity 2000). A circle is anabolic steroids. A circle with a dot and an arrow in it is Epocrin. A * is growth hormone. IG is insulin growth hormone. HM is gonadotropines. I-G is insulin. C is control, made by the Tour de France management.

Thank you. I've got all these drugs at home and I don't know where to start. I shall try tylers plan of attack and see how I improve. I've even got a dog!

Incredible hulk eat your heart out.

davidbod said:
The simple answer to thst is "hypocrisy reigns supreme".

I have one question. Why does the initial post claim that Tyler failed an EPO test?
PRobably an honest mistake, alot of people seem to want to make all test into EPO test, but Hamilton is suspended for failling a Blood test at the Vuelta, so e has failed a "doping" test.

jonjungel said:
There's been some of doping trouble around Riis lately.
If one assumes Riis is guilty of something, why would he allow that documentary to be made in the first half of 2004...? If he organised doping activities in the team, or just knew that some team riders were doping, having lots of strangers follow you around with cameras would be a huge security risk.
"Mr. 60" denying involvement???
That Riis is involved is about as certain as the sun rising in the morning.

bobke said:
...and this is different from the "Landis is innocent!!!!!" thread ?

To be honest Tyler and more so Landis don't appear to understand the implications of what they are doing.... the Landis affair has left 30 people without a job, young riders who can’t get a contract, the sport in tatters with a sullied reputation and one man dead (may not be related but the timing suggests it might have had an impact)......

....it only takes a few dots to be joined; Hamilton on the gear with CSC moves to Phonak and steps up his programme, hears Landis is having some problems at Postal so gets him on board at Phonak (stated in text) then introduces him to Fuentes, does well in TdG, PN, Fuentes scandel breaks Landis gets off the gear and has a shocker at DL and at the start of Tour then when all the chips are down.... well we know the rest..... doing the gear doesn’t just impact the rider it impacts everyone….

acpinto said:
why do you think LA never tested positive. (It´s confirmed, i´m obecessed by the Great cheater of all times):)

Problem is with that attitude EVERYONE is a doper. Every rider in the peloton. You can never prove your clean. Every negative test is just more evidence that you've successfully cheated the system.

Is that your position. Every single rider is doped up to high heaven? If not, then your being a hypocrite.

WBT: Stop blaming the riders exclusively. Its the culture of doping promoted by the team management that's to blame. You really think that the riders aren't actively or tacitly encouraged. Its nonsense to dump on the riders and cut Riis and Co. total slack.

WBT- I know talking to you intelligently is pretty worthless but perhaps you might remember all of the other Phonak doping cases. Landid did not put anyone out of a job, his was just the final one. Blame is spread to all of them...unless you have an agenda.

House said:
WBT- I know talking to you intelligently is pretty worthless but perhaps you might remember all of the other Phonak doping cases. Landid did not put anyone out of a job, his was just the final one. Blame is spread to all of them...unless you have an agenda.
I do agree with you... Landis wasn't what made Phonak (the team not the sponsor) disband... it was the string of doping offences and yes I agree we can't just blame the riders... in all walks of life we are presented with moments when something could be considered cheating.... at work I take taxi's all the time and bill them to clients when its not client work.. its not morally right but you get away with so you keep doing it... same goes here.... an injection of vitamins for recovery turns into cortisone, then testosterone then EPO... The point I was trying to make that all the cyclists not just Landis need to understand the implications of what they are doing... even if the team is pressurizing them they need to stand firm..... if I was Landis I prefer to finish 11th than win and fail a doping test... his life is now in ruins and if he finished 11th and didn't use the gear then he could come back bigger and better next year...

Hmmm, interesting change of course after saying the Landis affair is what put 30 people out of work.

House said:
Hmmm, interesting change of course after saying the Landis affair is what put 30 people out of work.
Not really.... what I was saying that HE knew the implications of what he was doing, he knew that after Ullrich, Basso et al were kicked off the Tour what a positive test could do.... yet he still went ahead and did it ? What did he expect ? Liberty pulled their sponsorship and he knew Andy Riis was busting a gut trying to get iShares to sign up and that they signed up under the proviso of “no drugs”.... he knew that 30+ people would lose their jobs but he still went ahead and did it... in 2 years time he better not come anywhere near the peleton because there are a lot of riders and staff (if they find new jobs) who want to tell him what they think..... to be frank I don’t think Landis will be welcome back in the peleton in any shape or form…

Serafino said:
Problem is with that attitude EVERYONE is a doper. Every rider in the peloton. You can never prove your clean. Every negative test is just more evidence that you've successfully cheated the system.
Right. As Bob Roll said when he was here in Utah a few weeks back, you can't disprove a negative sample. Yet there are many that want to say, you're not really negative, you just didn't get caught....

L

whiteboytrash said:
Not really.... what I was saying that HE knew the implications of what he was doing, he knew that after Ullrich, Basso et al were kicked off the Tour what a positive test could do.... yet he still went ahead and did it ? What did he expect ? Liberty pulled their sponsorship and he knew Andy Riis was busting a gut trying to get iShares to sign up and that they signed up under the proviso of “no drugs”.... he knew that 30+ people would lose their jobs but he still went ahead and did it... in 2 years time he better not come anywhere near the peleton because there are a lot of riders and staff (if they find new jobs) who want to tell him what they think..... to be frank I don’t think Landis will be welcome back in the peleton in any shape or form…
Thanks for proving how clueless you are...again. Once again you go back to "it was Landis fault that 30+ people are out of work", which in your last post you went away from. Then you claim landis won't be wanted anywhere...like Virenque and many others? LOL. Typical WBT.

House said:
Thanks for proving how clueless you are...again. Once again you go back to "it was Landis fault that 30+ people are out of work", which in your last post you went away from. Then you claim landis won't be wanted anywhere...like Virenque and many others? LOL. Typical WBT.
Thank-you. I will add that in 2006 things are a LOT different than in 1999 post Festina. The tide has turned. Landis will be ostracised.

Doping on a level of sophistication as the dossier indicates couldn't have been just the rider. You think a strange person with a refrigerated container, blood heating equipment, and a transfusion setup can come and go, and not be noticed by other team members? Let's say they did it offsite - think the team doctor wouldn't notice the marks the transfusion IV needle leaves behind? It's a pretty large needle. Think the team doctor wouldn't notice the sudden leap in hematocrit? Oh, that just happened... yeah, right.

It's easy to demonize the riders. But, this is their job, and when the boss starts pushing them in a direction, it's either follow along or you don't ride. With four doping convictions in three years, Phonak's management wasn't pushing the riders to dope? That's how the low budget teams keep up with the heavy hitters, because it's the lower budget teams that get caught multiple times - Kelme, Phonak, Liberty... The very low budget Jean Delatour team got Laurent Roux on a solo breakaway during the Alpe d'Huez 2001 duel between Lance and Jan. Turns out, Roux was doped to the gills when he did it.

Everyone involved in cycling has been turning a blind eye to doping, making it easy to do. Both the UCI and WADA ignored valid tests for transfusing one's own blood, and as we've seen with the testosterone issue, the initial test is fairly easy to stay clear of. Institute a reticulocyte test for transfusions, and dump the T/E test in favor of a CI test, and you've solved both Puerto and the 06 Tour. A pity the 2006 season had to be wrecked to learn that simple lesson.

Until team leadership and governing body leadership commit to stopping doping, it will continue. Don't blame the riders - they're just the most visible sign. Blame the people who push them in that direction, because as long as the pressure is there, and the opportunity is there, riders will dope.

whiteboytrash said:
...and this is different from the "Landis is innocent!!!!!" thread ?

To be honest Tyler and more so Landis don't appear to understand the implications of what they are doing.... the Landis affair has left 30 people without a job, young riders who can’t get a contract, the sport in tatters with a sullied reputation and one man dead (may not be related but the timing suggests it might have had an impact)......

....it only takes a few dots to be joined; Hamilton on the gear with CSC moves to Phonak and steps up his programme, hears Landis is having some problems at Postal so gets him on board at Phonak (stated in text) then introduces him to Fuentes, does well in TdG, PN, Fuentes scandel breaks Landis gets off the gear and has a shocker at DL and at the start of Tour then when all the chips are down.... well we know the rest..... doing the gear doesn’t just impact the rider it impacts everyone….