Extra Brake Squeal...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by bbense+rec bicy, Mar 3, 2004.

    Tags:

  2. Cipher

    Cipher New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2002
    I've got an older mountain bike that I now ride around the neighborhood with the kids, and things just wouldn't seem right without the ability to ride up behind the wife (covertly) and in the last few feet hit that brake and startle her... (Beauty is in the ear of the beholder).

  3. Jim Beam

    Jim Beam Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > _ Is brake squeal bad in and of itself?

    yes. it's a violent oscillation that can either shake brake anchor bolts loose or accelerate
    fatigue in them.