Extra Space Handlebar - Mirrors?

sussexvlogger

Jan 22, 2013
Hello! Okay I have 2 questions!

1. For these types of handlebars, what would be the best mirrors to get? I can't seem to find any that look like the bracket would fit, off of eBay.. These handlebars have a very large circumference.

2. Can you get extra handle bar space? So maybe a handlebar that grips to the original handle bar and hangs above it so you can mount more devices? I seem to have many things I'd like to add but don't have space for /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Thanks! :)

You'd like want to get either a mirror that fits in the bar end or a helmet mounted mirror. The latter option will typically give you a much bigger field of view and a must less jittery image.

I have a Zefal Cyclops Mirror on my road bike. You simply take the end cap off your handle -bar and insert the mirror mounting and tighten it up. Very simple to install. If it is not quite snug enough, wrap a bit of electrical tape or Plumbers Tape around the mounting before you insert it.. (Mine is mounted on the right side mirror because in Oz we drive on the left).

Fortunately its not a fish-eye or wide angled vision but is wide enough to give you a good view of cars sneaking up on you!

I think I paid about $15 from Wiggle. They get a bit scratched because the mirror is plastic, not glass. I tend to replace it every 3 years or so.