Extra Tires and Rims

prime

Nov 22, 2004
I'm riding disc wheels mtb and tired switching 2.0 to 1.0 and vice versa for invitational and fun rides. What do I need to do with my extra set of mavic rims and tires so I could use it for my disc. mountain bike?

prime said:
I'm riding disc wheels mtb and tired switching 2.0 to 1.0 and vice versa for invitational and fun rides. What do I need to do with my extra set of mavic rims and tires so I could use it for my disc. mountain bike?

Purchase or build another set of wheels with disc brake capability and narrow rims for mounting your 1.0" tires. Make sure the disc mounting system is the same or at least adaptable and purchase another set of discs. There are lots of people doing this already. It was less expensive before disc brakes. However, you will have a spare set of wheels and be able to ride even when something is wrong with one set.
dave at ornee do net

daveornee said:
Purchase or build another set of wheels with disc brake capability and narrow rims for mounting your 1.0" tires. Make sure the disc mounting system is the same or at least adaptable and purchase another set of discs. There are lots of people doing this already. It was less expensive before disc brakes. However, you will have a spare set of wheels and be able to ride even when something is wrong with one set.
dave at ornee do net
Thanks, man! But for now i'll use my hardtails instead with permanent slicks on it. Keep ridin'!