Extreme Balance

Sunflogun

Apr 20, 2015
Here's something I'd never do!

10479717_10152915341522647_817302722487068498_n.jpg

Reactions: haleylx4
Is that in India or somewhere?

I'm kinda hoping that it's real and not a photoshop.

Lol for me to do that I would have to tie a bunch of cords on my head in order to bike like that! Those guys have muscle memory for balancing stuff for years so its easy for them to do it.

ZXD22 said:
Lol for me to do that I would have to tie a bunch of cords on my head in order to bike like that! Those guys have muscle memory for balancing stuff for years so its easy for them to do it.
As a kid I always tried to work out how people managed to carry stuff on their heads, and even today I can't quite figure it out! I was sure there was some sort of invisible string or something holding it all in place.

I am not sure where that it, but if not India a country close there. The guy needs skill to do that!

It seriously must take years of training and balancing practice to do that, and I'm talking about simply walking while carrying stuff on your head, let alone cycling.

I do get the feeling he could be just posing for the photo. I've been looking at this photo for a while and I just cannot work out how he would be able to ride like that without him losing his balance, or it all falling off, or a combination of both.

Oh wow, that is definitely some extreme balancing there! I wonder if it is real or photoshopped; I don't usually take anything labelled as being from 9gag at face value. :p That's be really sweet if it was though. I'd love to be able to balance like this, but I can barely walk across a thick balance beam without losing my footing. It is a miracle I manage to stay up on my bike at all.

That doesn't look real. I think it's probably photoshopped. Realistically, one could not carry something on the head while cycling because you can't compensate for the motion of the bike fast enough to maintain the balance of the object on your head.

I've seen that one before Joan, quite impressive what the need makes, I wonder how long does it take to pile all that there!

Just wow!

I've seen that pic before but never paid it much attention. Is it a real picture of is it edited? It looks impossible to hold all those bricks on there like that.

I think that picture with the bread on top of that man's head is for real. I had seen some other photos with the same theme and they even have more. Good thing that these are just bread and not some heavy merchandise like a stone or pot and baskets. The way these people conduct their day to day activities is quite amazing and inspiring

In some locations of Asia and African having a bike can determine if you make the money to eat or not, so it's a really important tool.

That's true. I mean look at some far Eastern countries. Bikes are everywhere.

I know it's not strictly related to cycling but this topic reminds me of a clip I saw on an episode of Police Camera Action from the 90's. A guy was riding his moped along and he had a stick of wood attached on the back that was spread lengthways making it look like the bike had wings!

This is funny. It looks like he is actually doing that. Look at his neck and shoulders. I'm telling you. He's getting great muscles there. I wonder if balancing this ladder with all of that fruit hits your core. Probably you'd really have to engage your stomach muscles I would imagine. It's way better than a workout ball.
Now the guy with the bricks I wonder where he is. Looks like another country. Not too many people going around the US carting there bricks around on a bike.
The last one there with the multi-level bike on the beach. I'm not really sure what the purpose of that is. Somehow that seems fake. He doesn't seem very athletic to me. Balancing a bike that high you'd have to be pretty talented and in shape. Photoshop or something. Lol, I don't know. They aren't even moving. How in God's name would you balance it?

Yeah, not only seems fake, but I am wondering how he can get on top of that. Also, people riding along aren't even looking...! :D

Looks like a modern day, or an artists take on the Penny Farthing.

I'd say it's fake, but a pretty damn good one at that.