Extreme Biking

Dora M

Feb 20, 2015
Colombia
A while ago I caught an excerpt of a documentary about extreme biking in the desert and mountains of China. I wasn't able to find out what the names of the riders were. Neither have I got a clue about the name of the documentary. Who could those guys have been? Any ideas? And if not, can you suggest any interesting documentaries or movies to me that involve extreme biking?

Reactions: haleylx4
The best videos of extreme sort of biking have been of Danny Mcaskle(?) who does all sorts of tricks on mountain bikes. Some of them are really amazing and well thought out. Think of it as free running, but with a bike.

Another video I saw was of a time trial event filmed from a helmet cam of someone taking part in the event. In it, the course consists of going down very narrow streets, steps and huge drops & jumps. It really is fun to watch.

Reactions: Dora M
Hey I think the film you are talking about is called "where the trail ends." Even if its not I highly suggest watching it! It features some of the worlds best free riders and some new and interesting spots around the world. It has two segments in China.

I'll check that out I think, thanks.

Another video I saw it ended rather badly. The camera was a helmet cam again and the guy was cycling on the death road in Bolivia I think. He then jumps off the road going into a huge drop but unfortunately misses his landing point. Pretty damn crazy it was.

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
Hey I think the film you are talking about is called "where the trail ends." Even if its not I highly suggest watching it! It features some of the worlds best free riders and some new and interesting spots around the world. It has two segments in China.
That's the one! Thanks for bringing it up! I've watched the entire movie twice now. It's magic! And I love the music in it as well. I would also recommend it to anyone who loves riding bikes. And even to those who don't. :) What a great film!

That's really interesting. Especially if you would film it. I love the art of filming and effects and how you would make it look cool with soundtrack.

If you liked that then let me make some recommendations!
Life Cycles. This one is amazing, just amazing. High production value and great riders. A must see for anyone who has any affinity for a bike. Best intro to a film I have ever seen. Ever.
The "Kranked" series. Might be a little dated now, but still good. #7 is my favorite.
Alchemy 1 and Alchemy 2. Mostly BC free-ride and dirt jumps. Doesn't have the glossy finish, but has some great riding.
Follow me is an epic video but harder to find.
If you watch all those and are looking for more I can open up my archive at home for more idea.
Pinkbike also has TONS of video footage if you are not already familiar.

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
If you liked that then let me make some recommendations!
Life Cycles. This one is amazing, just amazing. High production value and great riders. A must see for anyone who has any affinity for a bike. Best intro to a film I have ever seen. Ever.
The "Kranked" series. Might be a little dated now, but still good. #7 is my favorite.
Alchemy 1 and Alchemy 2. Mostly BC free-ride and dirt jumps. Doesn't have the glossy finish, but has some great riding.
Follow me is an epic video but harder to find.
If you watch all those and are looking for more I can open up my archive at home for more idea.
Pinkbike also has TONS of video footage if you are not already familiar.

Thanks a lot for all the great suggestions! I will definitely be looking into them. I watched "Where the trail ends" on netflix. Where do I best start looking for the movies that you mention here? Just to save me a lot of time searching. :)