Exustar Shoes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by smartie, Apr 15, 2005.

1. smartie

smartie New Member

Anyone know much about Exustar shoes? They look pretty good but i have no idea on the quality.

Tags:

2. Jesus Malone

Jesus Malone New Member

They are Chinese/Taiwanese rip-offs of the Shimano shoes, exustar pedals are the same.

I doubt the fit/quality are near that of the shimano shoes....

If you are ordering from the US, and want cheaper prices, check out some UK based online shops, like totalcycling.com.

3. operator

operator New Member

Complete total rubbish. Exustar shoes can be had off performance/nashbar. As a cheap pair of road shoes, they are decent. Expensive shoes can fit just as bad as cheaper shoes.

Try them in in a store if you can. It's nice of people to generalize something in which they have absolutely no experience with.

4. freek

freek New Member

I fitted a pair of Exustar MTB shoes. They fit me very well, they looked very nice, but I was looking for the road shoe (the 221). IMO the most important thing is fit, so as long as I can't try them on, I will not buy online.

As for quality, as I understand it exustar are people that formerly worked for VP components. I'm a fan of VP pedals, in my experience they are pretty indestructible. So I've ordered a pair of their PR70Ti road pedals. Look compatible (which I need), very nice aluminium polished/anodized body, ti spindle. And very light. Got it on Ebay Germany for very little. They look and feel impressive, but I still have to use them.
    So far I have no quality misgivings about the Exustar products, but I would go for their top of the line products. Have a look at their website.

5. Jesus Malone

Jesus Malone New Member

-Can you re-read what I said? I said "I doubt".....Its an educated guess, not fact. Based on my experience, Chinese/Taiwanese knock-offs of this type (shoes) are not as nice in terms of build quality/fit. Moron.

6. JungleBiker

JungleBiker New Member

I have a pair of Exus mountain bike shoes (name now changed to Exustar - same company/shoes). Had 'em for a year now and still in good condition, i.e. quality is good. Fit okay. Nothing fancy to look at. 3 velcro straps, no ratchet system. Cheap price; about USD25 in the Philippines. So I reckon they are excellent value for money.

7. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

I bought a pair of the road shoes from performance 6 months ago.

I am content with the fit and the price. No complaints.

8. Robabank

Robabank New Member

They are really good shoes, i really like mine and i used Carnac and DMT in the past, the 06 models are nice... i paid only 150 euro for the top of the range road shoe @velotec.ie