eye lid blisters

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Kent, Mar 1, 2003.

  1. Kent

    Kent Guest

    Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem to
    get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the eyelids.
    These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but... Rather than
    treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I have a few
    sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters once
    when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.

    By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
    any pharmacy companies.

    --

    Regards

    Kent

    Tags:

  2. Son Of Kendo

    Son Of Kendo Guest

    never experienced it ...but do you wash your helmet ...;-)) the one on your head ..sweat dripping
    down from your head might be a consideration ....I know I don't wash mine enough ... the pads
    inside,can get quite smelly after a while "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike
    my
    > eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is
    > blisters on the eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with
    > Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves
    > very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
    with
    > soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
    once
    > when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    >
    > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
    > any pharmacy companies.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Kent

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Kent wrote:
    > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem
    > to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the
    > eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but...
    > Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I
    > have a few sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these
    > blisters once when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    >
    > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
    > any pharmacy companies.

    headband?

    penny

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem
    > to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the
    > eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but...
    > Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I
    > have a few sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these
    > blisters once when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    >
    > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
    > any pharmacy companies.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Kent

    Isn't that stuff an anti-fungal medication? If so, why would you be using it for (heat ?) blisters?
    --
    Slacker

  5. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

    "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike
    my
    > eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is
    > blisters on the eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with
    > Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves
    > very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
    with
    > soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
    once
    > when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    >
    > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
    > any pharmacy companies.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Kent

    Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike
    > my
    > > eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face
    > > is blisters on the eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated
    > > with Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and
    > > gloves very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
    > with
    > > soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
    > once
    > > when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    > >
    > > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored
    > > by any pharmacy companies.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Kent
    > >

    > Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.

    Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.

    Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
    --
    Slacker

  7. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>> Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike
    >> my
    >>> eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face
    >>> is blisters on the eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated
    >>> with Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and
    >>> gloves very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
    >> with
    >>> soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
    >> once
    >>> when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    >>>
    >>> By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored
    >>> by any pharmacy companies.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> Kent
    >>>

    >> Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.
    >

    > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
    >
    > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.

    They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold the wings out for a little
    visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work like antiperspirant?

    Penny

  8. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Slacker wrote:
    > > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > >> "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    > >> my
    > >> with
    > >> once

    > >> Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.
    > >

    > > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
    > >
    > > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
    >
    > They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold the wings out for a little
    > visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
    like
    > antiperspirant?

    You're all nuts.

    What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the US of A under license from
    Corvco (whose president has retired to a tropical isle, apparently).

    SweatGutters attach (painfully) to the eyebrows, creating angled runoffs for people with problem
    perspiration (PPP's).

    In a related development, coming soon are Sornco's new "Ear Siphons" -- the easy way to remedy an
    unfortunate side-effect of SweatGutters.

    Bill "on the (pot-holed) road to riches" S.

  9. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    > > Slacker wrote:
    > > > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
    > > >
    > > > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
    > >
    > > They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold
    the
    > > wings out for a little visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
    > like
    > > antiperspirant?
    >
    > You're all nuts.
    >
    > What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the US of A under license from
    > Corvco (whose president has retired to a tropical isle, apparently).
    >
    > SweatGutters attach (painfully) to the eyebrows, creating angled runoffs
    for
    > people with problem perspiration (PPP's).
    >
    > In a related development, coming soon are Sornco's new "Ear Siphons" --
    the
    > easy way to remedy an unfortunate side-effect of SweatGutters.
    >
    > Bill "on the (pot-holed) road to riches" S.

    After using SweatGutters for one month, my brow wiping woes are over! No more risking treacherous
    off road terrain with one hand on the handlebars! Say goodbye to sweat blurred vision on high speed
    descents! If you have excessive brow sweat problems, this is the ultimate and original forehead
    irrigation system for you! I am completely satisfied with this product and look forward to many more
    years free of a flooded forehead!

    bloocow - giving unsolicited spam a good name.

  10. Westie

    Westie Guest

    > Slacker wrote:
    > > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > >> "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    > >> my
    > >> with
    > >> once

    > >> Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.
    > >

    > > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
    > >
    > > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
    >
    > They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold the wings out for a little
    > visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
    like
    > antiperspirant?
    >
    > 1¢

    Surely the wings would provide lift, reduce mass, rolling resistance, thereby making him go faster.
    Wings = the new red.

    Westie

  11. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Slacker wrote:
    > > > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
    > > >
    > > > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
    > >
    > > They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold
    the
    > > wings out for a little visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
    > like
    > > antiperspirant?
    > >
    > > 1¢
    >

    > Surely the wings would provide lift, reduce mass, rolling resistance, thereby making him go
    > faster. Wings = the new red.
    >
    > Westie

    OMG! Just realised that the Greek God Mercury must have been a mtb biker!

    Westie

  12. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Kent wrote:
    > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem
    > to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the
    > eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but...
    > Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I
    > have a few sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these
    > blisters once when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    >
    > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
    > any pharmacy companies.

    The only time I've ever gotten sore eyelids I'd been using my daughter's acne cream to try
    to eradicate some pre holiday, stress induced zits without resorting to the use of a bench
    grinder. When I started to sweat, it ran down around my eyes and gave me some lovely
    chemical burns in the creases around my upper and lower lids to go with the zits. Are you
    using any kind of topical medication on your face? What about your scalp? Hair pomades or
    styling gels? Perfumed or moisturizing soaps or shampoos? Lots of normally benign products
    can cause problems when mixed with sweat and open pores, especially if you add in sun
    exposure. Your comment about "thin" skin on your eye lids is worrisome. You're not using
    some sort of cortisone cream on your face are you - I have no idea what Daktarin might
    contain, or what it's supposed to do, but if it's got cortisone in it, excessive use/abuse
    can cause skin changes, as can oral prednisone, come to think of it. Other than that, wear a
    sweatband to keep as much sweat as possible off your face, and don't rub.

    Kathleen

  13. "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote

    > What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the US of A under license from
    > Corvco (whose president has retired to a tropical isle, apparently).

    Been having a few minor problems with the IRS. You know how it is.

    CC

  14. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >
    > > What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the
    US
    > > of A under license from Corvco (whose president has retired to a
    tropical
    > > isle, apparently).
    >
    > Been having a few minor problems with the IRS. You know how it is.

    Why, what have you heard?!? (And yes, I *do* know how it is.)

    Bill "no such thing as a MINOR IRS problem, IMO" S.

  15. ----------
    In article <[email protected]>, "Slacker"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
    >
    > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Q: what did the maxi pad say to the fart?

    R: you are the wind beneath my wings.

  16. "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > >
    > > > What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the
    > US
    > > > of A under license from Corvco (whose president has retired to a
    > tropical
    > > > isle, apparently).
    > >
    > > Been having a few minor problems with the IRS. You know how it is.
    >
    > Why, what have you heard?!? (And yes, I *do* know how it is.)

    I am not at liberty to comment on the specifics. However, let me assure the cycling public that
    despite the widely publicized financial difficulties experienced by our motorized unicycle division,
    Corvco Industries remains financially sound and firmly committed to producing innovative cycling
    products. Once the Grand Jury proceeding is completed, I am confident we will be vindicated, and
    that the allegations of the Internal Revenue Service, Federal Trade Commission, Environmental
    Protection Agency, Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Girl Scouts of America and the Church of
    Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints will be shown to be baseless and malicious.

    CC Antigua

  17. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Penny wrote ...
    > Sorni wrote:
    > > "Kent" <[email protected]> top-posted in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> Thanks for the answers peops.. I shall do the following. Wash my helmet and pads, grease my
    > >> eyelids, attach sweat gutters (TM), stick some absorbent lady thingy to my head that has wings
    > >> and makes me fly, spray anti perspirant on my head but don't let it run in my eyes...
    > >
    > > PICS!!! We want PICS!!!
    > >
    > >> Has anyone tried spraying GT85 on tyres to shed mud? I have and although I have never cycled
    > >> over frozen glaciers I feel I know what it would be like! ( and don't go near wet wooden
    > >> bridges!!!!!!!!!scree thud.. scree thud.. thud. Ok I will walk.. thud!)
    > >
    > > PICS!!! We want PICS!!!
    > >
    > > Bill "guys are visual" S.
    >
    > I've been annoyed since last night that I deleted the latest Martha
    Stewart
    > humor file I'd received... how to make nice slippers out of adhesive
    backed
    > maxis... would have been a perfect addition to the sweat band, matching slippers.
    >
    > penny

    These the slippers?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+maxis+Martha+Stewart+slippers&hl=en&lr=&i
    e=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=urh3a.227%24hj.182890%40nnrp1.ptd.net&rnum=1

  18. Kent

    Kent Guest

    IRS... Wasn't he a wrestler in the WWF/WWE. What has he got to do with cycling? If he comes around
    my gaff telling me what I should not do, he's after a slapping.

    Kent "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote

    > > US
    > > tropical
    > > >
    > > > Been having a few minor problems with the IRS. You know how it is.
    > >
    > > Why, what have you heard?!? (And yes, I *do* know how it is.)
    >
    > I am not at liberty to comment on the specifics. However, let me assure the cycling public that
    > despite the widely publicized financial difficulties experienced by our motorized unicycle
    > division, Corvco Industries remains financially sound and firmly committed to producing innovative
    > cycling products. Once the Grand Jury proceeding is completed, I am confident we will be
    > vindicated, and that the allegations of the Internal Revenue Service, Federal Trade Commission,
    > Environmental Protection Agency, Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Girl Scouts of America
    > and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints will be shown to be baseless and malicious.
    >
    > CC Antigua

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Kent wrote:
    > > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the
    bike my
    > > eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face
    > > is blisters on the eyelids. These are on the
    folding
    > > part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how
    > > can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
    with
    > > soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
    once
    > > when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
    > >
    > > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored
    > > by any pharmacy companies.
    >

    > The only time I've ever gotten sore eyelids I'd been using my daughter's acne cream to try to
    > eradicate some pre holiday, stress induced zits without resorting to the use of a bench grinder.
    > When I started to sweat, it ran down around my eyes and gave me some lovely chemical burns in the
    > creases around my upper and lower lids to go with the zits. Are you using any kind of topical
    > medication on your face? What about your scalp? Hair pomades or styling gels? Perfumed or
    > moisturizing soaps or shampoos? Lots of normally benign products can cause problems when mixed
    > with sweat and open pores, especially if you add in sun exposure. Your comment about "thin" skin
    > on your eye lids is worrisome. You're not using some sort of cortisone cream on your face are you
    > - I have no idea what Daktarin might contain, or what it's supposed to do, but if it's got
    > cortisone in it, excessive use/abuse can cause skin changes, as can oral prednisone, come to think
    > of it. Other than that, wear a sweatband to keep as much sweat as possible off your face, and
    > don't rub.

    Oh hell yeah - cortisone containing creams can cause some horrific skin thinning related problems
    (No, not talking about you Davie boy). I had a most excruciating and.....delicate injury related to
    that stuff.

    Shaun aRe - saying nowt more......

  20. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > Penny wrote ...
    >> Sorni wrote:
    >>> "Kent" <[email protected]> top-posted in message
    >>> news:[email protected]...
    >>>
    >>> PICS!!! We want PICS!!!

    >>> PICS!!! We want PICS!!!
    >>>
    >>> Bill "guys are visual" S.
    >>
    >> I've been annoyed since last night that I deleted the latest Martha Stewart humor file I'd
    >> received... how to make nice slippers out of adhesive backed maxis... would have been a perfect
    >> addition to the sweat band, matching slippers.
    >>
    >> penny
    >>

    > These the slippers?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+maxis+Martha+Stewart+slippers&hl=en&lr=&i
    > e=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=urh3a.227%24hj.182890%40nnrp1.ptd.net&rnum=1

    the jepg that goes with that is really cute. Grrls humor I suppose? You know we love to trash her.

    Penny