eye lid blisters

Kent

Guest
Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem to
get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the eyelids.
These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but... Rather than
treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I have a few
sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters once
when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.

By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
any pharmacy companies.

--

Regards

Kent

never experienced it ...but do you wash your helmet ...;-)) the one on your head ..sweat dripping
down from your head might be a consideration ....I know I don't wash mine enough ... the pads
news:[email protected]...

Kent wrote:
> Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem
> to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the
> eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but...
> Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I
> have a few sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these
> blisters once when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
>
> By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
> any pharmacy companies.

headband?

penny

"Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem
> to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the
> eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but...
> Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I
> have a few sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these
> blisters once when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
>
> By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
> any pharmacy companies.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Kent

Isn't that stuff an anti-fungal medication? If so, why would you be using it for (heat ?) blisters?
--
Slacker

"Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike
my
> eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is
> blisters on the eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with
> Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves
> very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
with
> soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
once
> when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
>
> By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
> any pharmacy companies.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Kent

Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.

"Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike
> my
> > eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face
> > is blisters on the eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated
> > with Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and
> > gloves very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
> with
> > soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
> once
> > when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
> >
> > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored
> > by any pharmacy companies.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Kent
> >

> Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.

Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.

Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>> Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike
>> my
>>> eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face
>>> is blisters on the eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated
>>> with Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and
>>> gloves very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
>> with
>>> soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
>> once
>>> when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
>>>
>>> By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored
>>> by any pharmacy companies.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Kent
>>>

>> Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.
>

> Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
>
> Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.

They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold the wings out for a little
visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work like antiperspirant?

Penny

> Slacker wrote:
> > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >> my
> >> with
> >> once

> >> Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.
> >

> > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
> >
> > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
>
> They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold the wings out for a little
> visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
like
> antiperspirant?

You're all nuts.

What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the US of A under license from
Corvco (whose president has retired to a tropical isle, apparently).

SweatGutters attach (painfully) to the eyebrows, creating angled runoffs for people with problem
perspiration (PPP's).

In a related development, coming soon are Sornco's new "Ear Siphons" -- the easy way to remedy an
unfortunate side-effect of SweatGutters.

Bill "on the (pot-holed) road to riches" S.

> > Slacker wrote:
> > > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
> > >
> > > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
> >
> > They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold
the
> > wings out for a little visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
> like
> > antiperspirant?
>
> You're all nuts.
>
> What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the US of A under license from
> Corvco (whose president has retired to a tropical isle, apparently).
>
> SweatGutters attach (painfully) to the eyebrows, creating angled runoffs
for
> people with problem perspiration (PPP's).
>
> In a related development, coming soon are Sornco's new "Ear Siphons" --
the
> easy way to remedy an unfortunate side-effect of SweatGutters.
>
> Bill "on the (pot-holed) road to riches" S.

After using SweatGutters for one month, my brow wiping woes are over! No more risking treacherous
off road terrain with one hand on the handlebars! Say goodbye to sweat blurred vision on high speed
descents! If you have excessive brow sweat problems, this is the ultimate and original forehead
irrigation system for you! I am completely satisfied with this product and look forward to many more
years free of a flooded forehead!

bloocow - giving unsolicited spam a good name.

> Slacker wrote:
> > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >> my
> >> with
> >> once

> >> Heh, you could put anti-perspirant on your forehead.
> >

> > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
> >
> > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
>
> They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold the wings out for a little
> visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
like
> antiperspirant?
>
> 1¢

Surely the wings would provide lift, reduce mass, rolling resistance, thereby making him go faster.
Wings = the new red.

Westie

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Slacker wrote:
> > > "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
> > >
> > > Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
> >
> > They have peel and stick, silly, no need to tape. You could even fold
the
> > wings out for a little visor. Maybe the deodorant versions would work
> like
> > antiperspirant?
> >
> > 1¢
>

> Surely the wings would provide lift, reduce mass, rolling resistance, thereby making him go
> faster. Wings = the new red.
>
> Westie

OMG! Just realised that the Greek God Mercury must have been a mtb biker!

Westie

Kent wrote:
> Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the bike my eye lids skins seem
> to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face is blisters on the
> eyelids. These are on the folding part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but...
> Rather than treat the symptom how can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I
> have a few sets of gloves all with soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these
> blisters once when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
>
> By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored by
> any pharmacy companies.

The only time I've ever gotten sore eyelids I'd been using my daughter's acne cream to try
to eradicate some pre holiday, stress induced zits without resorting to the use of a bench
grinder. When I started to sweat, it ran down around my eyes and gave me some lovely
chemical burns in the creases around my upper and lower lids to go with the zits. Are you
using any kind of topical medication on your face? What about your scalp? Hair pomades or
styling gels? Perfumed or moisturizing soaps or shampoos? Lots of normally benign products
can cause problems when mixed with sweat and open pores, especially if you add in sun
exposure. Your comment about "thin" skin on your eye lids is worrisome. You're not using
some sort of cortisone cream on your face are you - I have no idea what Daktarin might
contain, or what it's supposed to do, but if it's got cortisone in it, excessive use/abuse
can cause skin changes, as can oral prednisone, come to think of it. Other than that, wear a
sweatband to keep as much sweat as possible off your face, and don't rub.

Kathleen

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote

> What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the US of A under license from
> Corvco (whose president has retired to a tropical isle, apparently).

Been having a few minor problems with the IRS. You know how it is.

CC

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the
US
> > of A under license from Corvco (whose president has retired to a
tropical
> > isle, apparently).
>
> Been having a few minor problems with the IRS. You know how it is.

Why, what have you heard?!? (And yes, I *do* know how it is.)

Bill "no such thing as a MINOR IRS problem, IMO" S.

----------
In article <[email protected]>, "Slacker"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Come-on, what's a matter with ya.....that could run into his eyes.
>
> Now, he could tape a Maxi Pad w/wings to his forehead.
> --
> Slacker

Q: what did the maxi pad say to the fart?

R: you are the wind beneath my wings.

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote
> > >
> > > What he needs are Sornco "SweatGutters"(tm), produced right here in the
> US
> > > of A under license from Corvco (whose president has retired to a
> tropical
> > > isle, apparently).
> >
> > Been having a few minor problems with the IRS. You know how it is.
>
> Why, what have you heard?!? (And yes, I *do* know how it is.)

I am not at liberty to comment on the specifics. However, let me assure the cycling public that
despite the widely publicized financial difficulties experienced by our motorized unicycle division,
Corvco Industries remains financially sound and firmly committed to producing innovative cycling
products. Once the Grand Jury proceeding is completed, I am confident we will be vindicated, and
that the allegations of the Internal Revenue Service, Federal Trade Commission, Environmental
Protection Agency, Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Girl Scouts of America and the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints will be shown to be baseless and malicious.

CC Antigua

Penny wrote ...
> Sorni wrote:
> > "Kent" <[email protected]> top-posted in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Thanks for the answers peops.. I shall do the following. Wash my helmet and pads, grease my
> >> eyelids, attach sweat gutters (TM), stick some absorbent lady thingy to my head that has wings
> >> and makes me fly, spray anti perspirant on my head but don't let it run in my eyes...
> >
> > PICS!!! We want PICS!!!
> >
> >> Has anyone tried spraying GT85 on tyres to shed mud? I have and although I have never cycled
> >> over frozen glaciers I feel I know what it would be like! ( and don't go near wet wooden
> >> bridges!!!!!!!!!scree thud.. scree thud.. thud. Ok I will walk.. thud!)
> >
> > PICS!!! We want PICS!!!
> >
> > Bill "guys are visual" S.
>
> I've been annoyed since last night that I deleted the latest Martha
Stewart
> humor file I'd received... how to make nice slippers out of adhesive
backed
> maxis... would have been a perfect addition to the sweat band, matching slippers.
>
> penny

These the slippers?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+maxis+Martha+Stewart+slippers&hl=en&lr=&i
e=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=urh3a.227%24hj.182890%40nnrp1.ptd.net&rnum=1

IRS... Wasn't he a wrestler in the WWF/WWE. What has he got to do with cycling? If he comes around
my gaff telling me what I should not do, he's after a slapping.

news:[email protected]...

Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Kent wrote:
> > Hi, anyone suffer from the same complaint? When I sweat a lot on the
bike my
> > eye lids skins seem to get 'thin'. And the result from mopping my sweaty brow and general face
> > is blisters on the eyelids. These are on the
folding
> > part of the skin and are easily treated with Daktarin but... Rather than treat the symptom how
> > can I remove the cause? I wash my kit and gloves very regular. I have a few sets of gloves all
with
> > soft to medium surfaces that I wipe my face with. I got these blisters
once
> > when I did not even pad my face with the gloves, I let it run.
> >
> > By the bye any sores on the thigh/groin area are removed using Daktarin. And I am not sponsored
> > by any pharmacy companies.
>

> The only time I've ever gotten sore eyelids I'd been using my daughter's acne cream to try to
> eradicate some pre holiday, stress induced zits without resorting to the use of a bench grinder.
> When I started to sweat, it ran down around my eyes and gave me some lovely chemical burns in the
> creases around my upper and lower lids to go with the zits. Are you using any kind of topical
> medication on your face? What about your scalp? Hair pomades or styling gels? Perfumed or
> moisturizing soaps or shampoos? Lots of normally benign products can cause problems when mixed
> with sweat and open pores, especially if you add in sun exposure. Your comment about "thin" skin
> on your eye lids is worrisome. You're not using some sort of cortisone cream on your face are you
> - I have no idea what Daktarin might contain, or what it's supposed to do, but if it's got
> cortisone in it, excessive use/abuse can cause skin changes, as can oral prednisone, come to think
> of it. Other than that, wear a sweatband to keep as much sweat as possible off your face, and
> don't rub.

Oh hell yeah - cortisone containing creams can cause some horrific skin thinning related problems
(No, not talking about you Davie boy). I had a most excruciating and.....delicate injury related to
that stuff.

Shaun aRe - saying nowt more......

Rob wrote:
> Penny wrote ...
>> Sorni wrote:
>>> "Kent" <[email protected]> top-posted in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> PICS!!! We want PICS!!!

>>> PICS!!! We want PICS!!!
>>>
>>> Bill "guys are visual" S.
>>
>> I've been annoyed since last night that I deleted the latest Martha Stewart humor file I'd
>> received... how to make nice slippers out of adhesive backed maxis... would have been a perfect
>> addition to the sweat band, matching slippers.
>>
>> penny
>>

> These the slippers?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+maxis+Martha+Stewart+slippers&hl=en&lr=&i
> e=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=urh3a.227%24hj.182890%40nnrp1.ptd.net&rnum=1

the jepg that goes with that is really cute. Grrls humor I suppose? You know we love to trash her.

Penny