EZ Bike Stand - Reviewed

MMMhills

Nov 28, 2010
I received the EZ Bike Stand to review and with more bikes than space I was very excited to see how the stand would work.

First of all the shipping was crazy fast. On August 30th I was informed that my information had been sent to EZ Bike Products. I received the stand the very next day. After opening the box there were two pieces and an adjustment bolt, instructions were not even needed as the EZ Bike Stand was clean, simple and appeared as if it was going to be very easy to use.

As you can see the adjustments for different tire sizes are made using a large easy to use wing nut.

The website stated the stand fits tires between 3/4" - 2 3/4" which is also what I came up with.

I tested The EZ Bike Stand with my road bike equipped with 700x23 tubulars and it held very tight with no wobble.

I also tested it with my MTB equipped with massive 29" x 2.4" tires and much to my surprise all the way open was too big and I had to tighten it down some. I was very pleased as I have had problems with these tire not fitting in some bike racks and car carriers.

I was even able to fit my 29" x 2.4" self studded Mountain Kings. I can definitely see this stand being used a lot this winter.

I also tried the stand with 12", 16", 20" and 26" tires and all fit and were very stable.

Bottom line: I can see that the EZ Bike Stand will get lots of use. I like how easy it is to move (much easier than my work stand) and the fact that it fits my big 29er wheels is a plus. I did find that the big 29er tires due to the width made the bike a little wobbly but even rocking the bike would not tip it over. The stand weighs in at just under 6 lbs so it is light enough to move around but has the weight needed to keep the bike upright.

I also was able to use it inside the back of my mini van for my son's bike. This was nice as his bike is too small for my rack and I normally have to lay it on its side, which takes up much more room. I also have a fork mount set up for inside my van but with the lack of quick releases on youth bikes it is not usable. Next summer when my youngest son is old enough for the MUP rides I can see myself getting another EZ Bike Stand with the EZ Connector so I can stand up both bikes in the back of my van and hang the adult bikes outside.

I will also start to take this with me on rides that I need to drive to. It will work great for holding my bike while I pump up tires or lube the chain. Much better than leaning it on my van and having it fall. After extended use I will add to this thread with any updates.

MMMhills, thanks for the great feedback and response to our EZ Bike Stand! As the owner of EZ Bike Products, I can't say enough about how appreciative I am that you took the time to write such a thorough review (with pictures) about our bicycle stand. It took us a couple years and Tony (co-inventor) three finger tips to get our final patented design right, so getting such a positive review is very special to all of us.

I will say that this is a totally unbiased review.

I spend a lot of time on line (my wife will vouch for that) and I have seen many different types of bikes stands in the past and always laughed and thought why would anyone spend money on something like that. I mean you can always find something to lean your bike on. Well after using the EZ Bike Stand I now know why. It is so much easier to pump up tires and lube chains with out the worry of your bike tipping over.

From now on when I travel with my bike I will always carry this stand.

Is this suitable as a storage device for bikes not in use, or is it geared as a portable stand to be used for short-term maintenance, etc.

I use it for storage all the time in fact my road bike is sitting in it right now. Much better than leaning on the wall and you can place it any ware in the room.

They also make a wall mount adapter kit to hang your bike on the wall or a connector kit to connect multiple stands and create a bike rack.

Here is a link to the accessories.

I just posted my review, and I could have just said "ditto" to everything you said... Very useful product.