EZ bikes on Ebay

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by John Riley, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    There are always several new EZ bikes, (EZ-1, EZ-3, EZ Sport) for sale on Ebay. I just noticed this
    on the Sun bicycles site:

    "EZ-Recumbents are designed to be sold in a fully assembled and fully adjusted state by an
    authorized Sun Bicycles Dealer. The Sun warranty is void if purchased unassembled. (Mail Order,
    Internet or Auction Sales)"

    Tags:

  2. Alan Weiss

    Alan Weiss Guest

    This is undoubtably true, but there are ways to ameliorate the problem. A bike shop can do the
    assembly for a fee, and this should satisfy all parties. I purchased a Dahon folder a year ago via
    internet mail order, and while the bike came fully assembled, Dahon said that the warranty would be
    valid only if I took it to a bike shop for final adjustment. A worthwhile $20 spent, I think.

    Just my 2 cents,

    Alan Weiss NJ Gold Rush, E2 tandem, and Leitra rider (and Dahon Piccolo, too)