EZ Sport Seat

John Dell

Guest
I purchased a mint condition EZ Sport a couple of weeks ago. I have found that I continue to slide
forward/down on the seat. I have tried tinker'n around with the pedal-seat length and also the angle
of the seat back to no avail. I've thought about trying to incline the base of the seat up somehow
to see if that would help. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? Any solutions?

On 22 Feb 2004 07:39:47 -0800, [email protected] (John Dell) wrote:

>I purchased a mint condition EZ Sport a couple of weeks ago. I have found that I continue to slide
>forward/down on the seat. I have tried tinker'n around with the pedal-seat length and also the
>angle of the seat back to no avail. I've thought about trying to incline the base of the seat up
>somehow to see if that would help. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? Any solutions?
I don't have this problem on my EZ Sport, but did have a similar problem on a wedgie years ago. The
solution was to either wear different shorts or put a seat cover on the seat. It seems that the
nylon/spandex of the shorts and the seat were very slippery together. Changing fabrics took care of
the problem for me. Your results may vary. Dan

I did it on my Rans seat. Not sure if your seat is the same underneath ,but
probably is.
Take the seat cover and pad off the base. You will probably have a plastic
seat pan with bolts holding it to a tubing frame. I made a wedge from
hardwood ,[oak]and put it between seat pan and frame in the front.
I ended up with a wedge about 3/4" thick and it did the trick. You'll need a
couple longer bolts.
I made my wedge in sort of a "U" shape to support as much of the seat pan as
I could. If you use two wedges ,one at each bolt location I'm sure it would
work OK,but I am not a lightwieght and wanted to support the entire front
seat pan area.
Ben fox
news:[email protected]...

[email protected] (John Dell) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I purchased a mint condition EZ Sport a couple of weeks ago. I have found that I continue to slide
> forward/down on the seat. I have tried tinker'n around with the pedal-seat length and also the
> angle of the seat back to no avail. I've thought about trying to incline the base of the seat up
> somehow to see if that would help. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? Any solutions?

What year is your bike? The 2003 seat bases seem not to have this problem. You could just try
putting spacers between the mounting plate and the seat at the front bolts.

[email protected] (Mark Stonich) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (John Dell) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I purchased a mint condition EZ Sport a couple of weeks ago. I have found that I continue to
> > slide forward/down on the seat. I have tried tinker'n around with the pedal-seat length and also
> > the angle of the seat back to no avail. I've thought about trying to incline the base of the
> > seat up somehow to see if that would help. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? Any
> > solutions?
>
> What year is your bike? The 2003 seat bases seem not to have this problem. You could just try
> putting spacers between the mounting plate and the seat at the front bolts.

The bike is a 2002. Thanks for all of the ideas so far. If I was to change the material on the seat,
what should I use?

On 28 Feb 2004 07:11:53 -0800, [email protected] (John Dell) wrote:

>> What year is your bike? The 2003 seat bases seem not to have this problem. You could just try
>> putting spacers between the mounting plate and the seat at the front bolts.

Proud 2003 ower here - I've not experienced any forward sliding on the seat yet. I am rather
curious as to how long before the foam padding starts to break down. Lycra type seat
covering does seem to be holding up well however.

>The bike is a 2002. Thanks for all of the ideas so far. If I was to change the material on the
>seat, what should I use?

Back to your question John . . . I'd mentioned it here last fall, but I'm on the hunt for a
old sheepskin rug like my Gramma used to have at the foot of her bed. Given that the things
are fairly thick and supposedly have a therpuetic (sp) value, I think they'd make a great
comfort cover.

Just my two cents worth . . .