EZ Sport

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by philrush, Sep 4, 2004.

1. philrush

philrush New Member

I like the "looks" ( and the price) of the EZ Sport from EasyRacers. Im pretty much limited to a price of $1000.

Do you guys have any comments ?

I have sent a few emails to some dealers 60-100 miles from me, but thought I would askhere before I make a trip..
    Thanks

Phil

Tags:

2. Bop Bop

Bop Bop New Member

Phil,

I love my EZ Sport, but spent more than $1,000 to buy it. If you like the bike and can not afford a new one, try looking at a used one. I'm sure you should be able to get one with a lot of extra's for less than $,000.

3. philrush

philrush New Member

Thier web site quotes the price of the Sport @ $925. Is that NOT correct:confused:

4. Bop Bop

Bop Bop New Member

Phil,

I spoke with a person I know today who is selling her EZ Sport LTD, all decked out. She says it's a few months old. Reason is she wants to by a TE. She's looking for $1,000. You maybe able to get it a little less, but I'm not sure. As I do not know where you located, do not know about shipping, etc.

If you are interested please PM me and I will put you in touch with her.

5. bobk

bobk New Member

Go for it, Phil. I bought one about a month ago and it is great. List price on it was $950. It is very comfortable and easy to ride. I went on a 30 mile ride yesterday for the first time in my life and it was easy. I was not sore one bit. I was tired, but, duh.

6. randyr

randyr New Member

Keep checking with dealers. I bought an EZ-Sport for $700 last weekend. It was a demo bike, and the dealer wanted to clear space for new models.

There was another local dealer who had a RANS Tailwind demo bike for $750, and yet another had some old BikeE's they were trying to get rid of at a good price. So keep looking, as when you call make sure to ask if they have any floor models or demo bikes ...

7. kanbear

kanbear New Member

Unless you are absolutely committed to a LWB or CLWB bike, you ought to consider a Rans Rocket. My opinion, with narrow HP tires, it's the best performing bike at that price point but you have to like high BB short wheel base.

I think they are more Aero and climb better than the EZ Sport. I had one for years until I upgraded to a Bacchetta.

SA

8. aportteus

aportteus New Member

I sold my EZ Sport LE recently.Nice bike,don't get me wrong, but on the slow side & not great on hills. This Spring I bought an ActionBent TidalWave & converted it to OSS, I love this bike. Yes, you do have to assemble it yourself,or find a LBS willing to do it for you. Sometimes the communication with AB is slow, but the bike is well made,comfy,fast & I have less than $1100 invested,including a computer,lighting, & seat bag.The TidalWave is discontinued,but the new OSS models look super.
    Regards, Andre`

:) :)

9. bentbrian

bentbrian New Member

If you like the handling of a CLWB and a lower bottom bracket look into the Tailwind. Maybe not quite as fast as the Rocket but it is a nice fun, versatile bike.

'bent Brian

10. tecln

tecln New Member

11. BigEZbentman

BigEZbentman New Member

I just got an EZ-Sport last week and so far, am well pleased. The fit,finish and egeronomics are fine for me. I would imagine I could keep up with most average wedgie riders on flat ground. I do notice that climbing is harder on a recumbent.

I think it is the best bargain in a medium weight CLWB. I have accessorized it with a cateye light system, Treck wireless computer and a Sunlite seat bag. I plan to do at least 10 miles a day.

12. puttputt

puttputt New Member

13. kelly hutson

kelly hutson New Member

I tried the EZ Sport and it was one of the best I had ever ridden for under $1000. Great seat, decent steering, good looks. And then, I ran into the Day 6 Dream. Dual 26" wheels, steering so good you can ride without hands, 17" wide seat and their back can be moved vertically and horizontally without tools. Great looking bike and best ergonomics I have seen on any price of bike. Under $900 too.

Kelly

14. puttputt

puttputt New Member

Got any links or pictures?

15. kelly hutson

kelly hutson New Member

day6bicycles.com Not a super fancy website but all the nuts and bolts. Just beginning to set up dealers but you have to ride the bike to believe it. No one is doing what they are doing with the geometry and seat/backs.

16. Bentriderlon

Bentriderlon New Member

But not exactly a 'bent. It looks like a comfort bike to me. I also didn't appreciate the blatently "creationist" content on the page. Some folks can't seem to separate their religious beliefs from other aspects of life. Religion and commerce don't mix very well unless you are selling bibles. :(

Charles

17. kelly hutson

kelly hutson New Member

It is interesting that you are so concerned about our bike not being a 'bent' when in an earlier message you stated, 'In the end, we ride whatever gives us pleasure.' I have never seen a bike with the combination of features of the Day 6 Dream and yet, it sounds like you would not be interested in our bike just because I have some vague references to creationism. If a bike is good I don't care if the designer is an atheist or Buddhist or a Muslim or a Christian. I appreciate good designs wherever they come from.

I have had hundreds of people ride our bike and think it is the best thing they have EVER ridden. Not one of them was concerned that it wasn't a 'bent'.

In fact, in the article concerning semi recumbents and recumbents it was universally accepted that there is no definition of what constitutes a true recumbent. (you, yourself, called it a 'bogus' distinction) The Day 6 bike has a 17" seat with an incredibly comfortable, adjustable, full size back and your feet are out in front of you instead of down - everyone I know calls that a recumbent. By the way, every comfort bike I have seen looks like a modified upright. There is NO comparison between our bike and a 'comfort' bike.

It is also interesting that you feel so strongly about creationism considering that there were at least 6 companies at InterBike last year who had 'evolution' in their name or in their marketing literature. Why is it that the religious left can be blatant about their beliefs in commerce but the religious right can't?

By the way, have you ever seen a product in commerce that wasn't designed? I haven't.

It is a fact that there are some people who are not open to concepts outside their own frame of reference until they try it first, therefore our slogan: One ride and your eyes will be opened. By the way, I used to be an anti-creationist - be careful what you say.

Kelly

18. puttputt

puttputt New Member

Big front wheels don't offer much on asphalt. Just adds weight that needs extra watts to push it uphills. And riding "without hands" proves neither design integrity or intelligent piloting.

Interesting... that's nearly word-for-word what was touted about the BigHa. Funny thing is, at nearly 50 pounds and costing over 3 grand, it's easy to understand why consumers havn't been beating down their door.

If however, your creation entices cagers to park the poluting tonnage and start helping the environment and themselves, then I sincerely hope you do well.

19. kelly hutson

kelly hutson New Member

On asphalt that is true but when commuting through potholes and off curbs the larger wheel proves its merit. Riding without hands, in itself, means nothing but it's sure nice to know your steering is true. I am always concerned about bikes that have the stem on backwards or that have a spring from the front fender to the frame to help keep their wheel true. I think that does reflect a lack of design integrity. Thanks for your comments.:)

20. kelly hutson

kelly hutson New Member

Oops, didn't know these were connected. I have never seen the marketing done by BigHa but this should help. Our 'recumbent' model weighs in at 34 pounds and costs under $900. It would definitely be more for trail and road. Our semi-recumbent model (uses 11" Velo saddle instead of the 17" custom seat) weighs about 31 pounds and costs less than $700. It has incredible balance and you can take it about anywhere. We had riders taking air at Bootleg Canyon! Thanks again! :)