EZ3 steep hill test

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill B

Bill B Guest

Tried the EZ3 out on some of the steep bluffs that are found along parts of the Mississippi River. I
    have on some bikes been able to make it to the top with out walking the bike or falling over. After
    hearing about what is like the climb hills on a trike I thought it would be interesting trying the
    climb on the cheapest and maybe the heaviest trike around.happy to report that I made all three of
    the climbs.Even in granny gear and climbing at a blistering speed of maybe 1.5 mph I did not fall
    over:) nor did I have to stop.Wile climbing the really steep parts I noticed the front wheel would
    lift of the road and at the same time would scoot or slide to the left while my right leg was in the
    power stroke.Was the climb easy on the EZ? NO. Now for the coast down. Two words descibe a steep
    coast down on a EZ3 " freakin Scary". At speeds above 15mph the trike can get unruly.Little bumps in
    the road can make you feel like your going to eject. Also at these speeds and faster putting on the
    brakes can be hazardous to your health. The bike pulls to the right really fast with both brakes
    applied and if you should happen to forget and only use the rear brake the trike will probably pull
    to the right even quicker an flip. I road the brakes the full length and hoped the brakes would not
    burn up:)
    Note: I bought the EZ3 for my older friends to do relaxing slow ride with me around the neighbor
    hood and not for the above. Just wanted to see how the cheapest one rear drive and one rear
    wheel braking delta does on steep hills. Now I Know

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.