EZ3

Michael Perry

Guest
On a trip to the coast this weekend, we passed a motorhome with a pair of EZ3 bikes on the front of
their boat trailer.

You aren't going to be winning many races with these rigs but, at $725, they are less expensive than
most bents... and quite attractive. (I would have guessed their cost at over $1K, based on other
'bent pricing.)

I have had an EZ-3 for about a year now... I sure love mine!!

Michael Perry <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On a trip to the coast this weekend, we passed a motorhome with a pair of EZ3 bikes on the front
> of their boat trailer.
>
> You aren't going to be winning many races with these rigs but, at $725, they are less expensive
> than most bents... and quite attractive. (I would have guessed their cost at over $1K, based on
> other 'bent pricing.)

[email protected] (Michael Perry) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On a trip to the coast this weekend, we passed a motorhome with a pair of EZ3 bikes on the front
> of their boat trailer.
>
> You aren't going to be winning many races with these rigs but, at $725, they are less expensive
> than most bents... and quite attractive. (I would have guessed their cost at over $1K, based on
> other 'bent pricing.)

I tried on of these and was most impressed. I am thinking of getting one for the girlfriend when I
have the money;-) It also happens to be the best selling recumbent bike in America according to
Sun Bicycles.

A bit off topic here and in regards to your remark, "You aren't going to be winning many races with
these rigs"; the main reason people ride recumbents is for the comfort, safety and the superior view
of the scenery. There is no need to "apologize" for what some folks here view as a shortcoming and
that's the lack of high speed capability for certain models. If you go to rec.bicycles.misc
newsgroup, whenever someone is discussing a certain model of a hybrid or "cruiser" type bike, speed
is never an issue and is hardly brought up. We have several Matt Weaver/Fast Freddy/Sam Whittingham
"wannabees" who will always be making speed the primary issue whenever bikes are discussed and often
overlook the better qualities of certain models. The funny thing is most of them won't be winning
many races no matter what they ride;-)

But it's hard to go wrong with the EZ-3. I think it can be an excellent cruiser, errand runner,
commuter and light duty touring machine all rolled into one.

Just my 2 cents.

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

"Edward Wong" skrev...
> A bit off topic here and in regards to your remark, "You aren't going to be winning many races
> with these rigs"; the main reason people ride recumbents is for the comfort, safety and the
> superior view of the scenery. There is no need to "apologize" for what some folks here view as a
> shortcoming and that's the lack of high speed capability for certain models. If you go to
> rec.bicycles.misc newsgroup, whenever someone is discussing a certain model of a hybrid or
> "cruiser" type bike, speed is never an issue and is hardly brought up. We have several Matt
> Weaver/Fast Freddy/Sam Whittingham "wannabees" who will always be making speed the primary issue
> whenever bikes are discussed and often overlook the better qualities of certain models. The funny
> thing is most of them won't be winning many races no matter what they ride;-)

Is that a troll I see before me! (in my best John Wayne voice ;o) ) No. Sorry. Its Edward Wong.
Champion of the heavy, slow, overpriced bents. The heavier and more overpriced they are, the more he
sticks up for them. ;-)

Right. Enough fun and games.

An EZ-3 made it to Sweden and entered a ride there. The report was it had a cushy cruiserlike
handling and ride but the gearing was a bit too low for that particular event.

Great bike at a great price. Okay looks but I think a 406 frontwheel would look better. If you want
fast I guess you could stick a fairing and some Stelvios on it and hope for a helluva lot of
placeboeffect. :)

Regards Mikael Undisputed winner of the faired class of the danish championship 2002. (Also only
entrant in the faired class but thats beside the point. *cough* ;-) )

Every bent/bent design (s) has their followers. I have sold about a dozen EZ-3's mostly to
recreational riders. The serve the purpose and were never intended to be speedsers. EZ Sport is way
ahead of you with the intro. of its Delta Aluminum 406 allaround with cantered rear wheels and full
disk brakes. Should be available this fall. Michael, I suggest that you find a class to race in
where there is some competition.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Edward Wong" skrev...
> > A bit off topic here and in regards to your remark, "You aren't going to be winning many races
> > with these rigs"; the main reason people ride recumbents is for the comfort, safety and the
> > superior view of the scenery. There is no need to "apologize" for what some folks here view as a
> > shortcoming and that's the lack of high speed capability for certain models. If you go to
> > rec.bicycles.misc newsgroup, whenever someone is discussing a certain model of a hybrid or
> > "cruiser" type bike, speed is never an issue and is hardly brought up. We have several Matt
> > Weaver/Fast Freddy/Sam Whittingham "wannabees" who will always be making speed the primary issue
> > whenever bikes are discussed and often overlook the better qualities of certain models. The
> > funny thing is most of them won't be winning many races no matter what they ride;-)
>
> Is that a troll I see before me! (in my best John Wayne voice ;o) ) No. Sorry. Its Edward Wong.
> Champion of the heavy, slow, overpriced bents. The heavier and more overpriced they are, the more
> he sticks up for them.
;-)

> Right. Enough fun and games.
>
> An EZ-3 made it to Sweden and entered a ride there. The report was it had a cushy cruiserlike
> handling and ride but the gearing was a bit too low for that particular event.
>
> Great bike at a great price. Okay looks but I think a 406 frontwheel would
look better.
> If you want fast I guess you could stick a fairing and some Stelvios on it and hope for a helluva
> lot of placeboeffect. :)
>
> Regards Mikael Undisputed winner of the faired class of the danish championship 2002. (Also only
> entrant in the faired class but thats beside the point. *cough*
;-) )

"Jude T. McGloin" skrev...
> Every bent/bent design (s) has their followers. I have sold about a dozen EZ-3's mostly to
> recreational riders. The serve the purpose and were never intended to be speedsers. EZ Sport
> is way ahead of you with the intro. of its Delta Aluminum 406 allaround with cantered rear
> wheels and full disk brakes. Should be available this fall.

Yea I recall hearing about it. Anyway I said I liked the bike, didn't I? Sheez. Not quite what I
need but if they come up with a cargoversion I might be interested. Else it will have to be a
Long John.

> Michael, I suggest that you find a class to race in where there is some competition.

May I suggest getting a sense of humor? :) Anyway the only ones that beat my socked TE-clone was
the 4 lowracers.

M.

[email protected] (Edward Wong) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Michael Perry) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > On a trip to the coast this weekend, we passed a motorhome with a pair of EZ3 bikes on the front
> > of their boat trailer.
> >
> > You aren't going to be winning many races with these rigs
> A bit off topic here and in regards to your remark, "You aren't going to be winning many races
> with these rigs"; the main reason people ride recumbents is for the comfort, safety and the
> superior view of the scenery. There is no need to "apologize" for what some folks here view as a
> shortcoming and that's the lack of high speed capability for certain models. If you go to
> rec.bicycles.misc newsgroup, whenever someone is discussing a certain model of a hybrid or
> "cruiser" type bike, speed is never an issue and is hardly brought up. But it's hard to go wrong
> with the EZ-3. I think it can be an excellent cruiser, errand runner, commuter and light duty
> touring machine all rolled into one.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Edward Wong Orlando, FL

When EZ-3 just appeared, I rode one with a motor. It was no "slouch" but it is best being the cushy
low priced vehicle it was. No surprise to me that it is selling very well. Well put - main selling
points are comfort and safety. A pretty small percentage of us are into competition. very few! I buy
for longevity, EZ-3s seem to deliver.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

> Is that a troll I see before me! (in my best John Wayne voice ;o) ) No. Sorry. Its Edward Wong.
> Champion of the heavy, slow, overpriced bents. The heavier and more overpriced they are, the more
> he sticks up for them. ;-)
>
> Right. Enough fun and games.

What's up Mikael? Has a sore toe been stepped on?;-)

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

"Edward Wong" skrev...
> > Is that a troll I see before me! (in my best John Wayne voice ;o) ) No. Sorry. Its Edward Wong.
> > Champion of the heavy, slow, overpriced bents. The heavier and more overpriced they are, the
> > more he sticks up for them. ;-)
> >
> > Right. Enough fun and games.
>
> What's up Mikael? Has a sore toe been stepped on?;-)

Nah. :) I just assumed you were kidding/trolling and replied in kind. ;-)

Cheers Mikael

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<bafmu2> > > > > Michael, I
suggest that you find a class to race in where there is
> > some competition.
>
> May I suggest getting a sense of humor? :) Anyway the only ones that beat my socked TE-clone was
> the 4 lowracers.
>
> M.

Was his reply to Mikael or Michael?

From the bike's looks, I would have expected a higher sticker. When I read the reviews, it
mentioned lower grade components, but that it rides well for its price range. (Most of the posts I
see here are for trikes half the price of a car and nearly as quick... thus my comment about it not
being a racer.)

I wouldn't have guessed it to be so nice looking if I hadn't seen it.

"Michael Perry" skrev

> Was his reply to Mikael or Michael?

For me. I guess I should be grateful he didn't write Mikeal or Mikhail or all the other silly
permutations. :)

Its really very simple folks. When you reply to one of my posts my name will be at the top. Just try
to hit the same letters in the same sequence. ;o)

Mikael (basically we have just replaced the "ch" with a "k" here in Denmark. It's pronounced
the same way)