F1 : My imagination ...



E

Elyob

Guest
Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the third
corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)
 
T

Tony Raven

Guest
elyob wrote:
> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
> third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

As part of the new F1 "environmentally friendly" rules, the
drivers have to get out and do a lap on a bicycle every pit
stop while their tyres are changed and the windscreen
washed ;-)

Actually, the race is held in Albert Park which, when its
not being a race track is ...err.... a park.

Tony
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
elyob posted ...

> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
> third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

You're not wrong ...

The race is run in Albert Park, and is on public roads. I
think they close them while the race is on though .. ;)

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)
 
H

Hedgehog & Mark

Guest
errrm, and it's in Melbourne :)

news:[email protected]...
> elyob posted ...
>
> > Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
> > third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)
>
> You're not wrong ...
>
> The race is run in Albert Park, and is on public roads. I
> think they
close
> them while the race is on though .. ;)
>
>
> --
> Paul
>
> (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Hedgehog & Markarina posted ...

> errrm, and it's in Melbourne :)

Yeah .. I ... er ... missed that bit ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)
 
M

Mike Farnes

Guest
"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
> third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed to
be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and they all
looked pretty wide to me.
 
M

Mike Farnes

Guest
"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
> third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed to
be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and they all
looked pretty wide to me.
 
K

Kingsley

Guest
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 05:30:06 -0800, Mike Farnes wrote:

> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
> text.cableinet.net>...
>> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
>> third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)
>
> I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed
> to be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and
> they all looked pretty wide to me.

IIRC There is some nice bike paths + lanes around Albert
Park. So it probably was a bicycle lane.

-kt
 
E

Elyob

Guest
"kingsley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 05:30:06 -0800, Mike Farnes wrote:
>
> > "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
> >> third corner of
the
> >> Adelaide F1 track ;)
> >
> > I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed
> > to be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and
> > they all looked pretty wide to me.
>
> IIRC There is some nice bike paths + lanes around Albert
> Park. So it probably was a bicycle lane.
>

It really was. I had to see the replay as I fell asleep on
the third lap or so.
 
J

James Hodson

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The race is run in Albert Park, and is on public roads. I
>think they close them while the race is on though .. ;)

Correct. There's far too much overtaking on public roads.

James