F1 : My imagination ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Elyob, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the third
    corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    elyob wrote:
    > Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
    > third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

    As part of the new F1 "environmentally friendly" rules, the
    drivers have to get out and do a lap on a bicycle every pit
    stop while their tyres are changed and the windscreen
    washed ;-)

    Actually, the race is held in Albert Park which, when its
    not being a race track is ...err.... a park.

    Tony

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    elyob posted ...

    > Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
    > third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

    You're not wrong ...

    The race is run in Albert Park, and is on public roads. I
    think they close them while the race is on though .. ;)

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

  4. errrm, and it's in Melbourne :)

    news:[email protected]...
    > elyob posted ...
    >
    > > Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
    > > third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)
    >
    > You're not wrong ...
    >
    > The race is run in Albert Park, and is on public roads. I
    > think they
    close
    > them while the race is on though .. ;)
    >

    > --
    > Paul
    >
    > (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Hedgehog & Markarina posted ...

    > errrm, and it's in Melbourne :)

    Yeah .. I ... er ... missed that bit ..

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

  6. Mike Farnes

    Mike Farnes Guest

    "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
    > third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

    I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed to
    be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and they all
    looked pretty wide to me.

  7. Mike Farnes

    Mike Farnes Guest

    "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
    > third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)

    I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed to
    be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and they all
    looked pretty wide to me.

  8. Kingsley

    Kingsley Guest

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 05:30:06 -0800, Mike Farnes wrote:

    > "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    > text.cableinet.net>...
    >> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
    >> third corner of the Adelaide F1 track ;)
    >
    > I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed
    > to be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and
    > they all looked pretty wide to me.

    IIRC There is some nice bike paths + lanes around Albert
    Park. So it probably was a bicycle lane.

    -kt

  9. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "kingsley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 05:30:06 -0800, Mike Farnes wrote:
    >
    > > "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> Tell me I'm not wrong .. there is a cycle lane on the
    > >> third corner of
    the
    > >> Adelaide F1 track ;)
    > >
    > > I think you are wrong - it was Melbourne ;) There seemed
    > > to be a lot of cycle lanes (it's a street circuit) and
    > > they all looked pretty wide to me.
    >
    > IIRC There is some nice bike paths + lanes around Albert
    > Park. So it probably was a bicycle lane.

    It really was. I had to see the replay as I fell asleep on
    the third lap or so.

  10. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The race is run in Albert Park, and is on public roads. I
    >think they close them while the race is on though .. ;)

    Correct. There's far too much overtaking on public roads.

    James