FA: 165mm Dura Ace Track Cranks

Geoff said:
Hi All,

I'm auctioning these track cranks on ebay on behalf of a friend. Auction
ends tonight.

http://tinyurl.com/4rt6j

cheers
Geoff

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I knew I should have been on the net rather than riding my bike yesterday

boohoo .. I got me a track bike Friday and am after this very crank!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff wrote:
> - who managed to strip a chainring bolt thread in his Miche cranks at
> Vodafone Arena on Sat night :-(

I might have some photos for you G-man..

hippy

> Geoff wrote:
>> - who managed to strip a chainring bolt thread in his Miche cranks at
>> Vodafone Arena on Sat night :-(

> I might have some photos for you G-man..
>
> hippy

Cool. Do I look as bad as I was feeling?
I had a bit of a scan of the crowd to see if I spotted you but didn't.
I wasn't feeling the best on Saturday but raced anyway. Silly me, now I'm
really paying for it - Sore muscles and dehydration and generally feeling
Yuk.

The Madison was an exciting affair with the NSWIS team having to work hard
to cover the attacks of the VIS team who tried hard to take a laps but never
quite succeeded.
My mate Alex scored a last minute ride in the Madison for the Assos team but
to his disappointment they did not last too long before retiring.

Was a good night of racing. Only complaint was that we, the riders, could
not hear the names of who was getting called out in the elimination so it
was a bit of guesswork, honesty and confusion there.

Geoff

Geoff wrote:
> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>I might have some photos for you G-man..

> Cool. Do I look as bad as I was feeling?

Haven't had time to look at any yet..

> I had a bit of a scan of the crowd to see if I spotted you but didn't.
> I wasn't feeling the best on Saturday but raced anyway. Silly me, now I'm
> really paying for it - Sore muscles and dehydration and generally feeling
> Yuk.

Ya. I got sunburnt (again) on Sunday but I've been worse.
I resisted the urge for beers which surely helped.. :)

> The Madison was an exciting affair with the NSWIS team having to work hard
> to cover the attacks of the VIS team who tried hard to take a laps but never
> quite succeeded.

I was hanging for the VIS lads to get a lap.. oh well.. next year.
The final sprint was a ripper. Quite a few close calls during the race too.

> My mate Alex scored a last minute ride in the Madison for the Assos team but
> to his disappointment they did not last too long before retiring.

I thought it Steve and Andrew from LeTour were riding for Assos? Maybe I
have my teams mixed up?

> Was a good night of racing. Only complaint was that we, the riders, could
> not hear the names of who was getting called out in the elimination so it
> was a bit of guesswork, honesty and confusion there.

Really? I always wondered about that in previous meetings but the
correct rider always seemed to leave eventually so I figured you guys
must be able to hear it.

hippy

> Geoff wrote:
>> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Ya. I got sunburnt (again) on Sunday but I've been worse.
> I resisted the urge for beers which surely helped.. :)

Sunday was a nice day. Pity I was feeling too crappy to enjoy it!

>> My mate Alex scored a last minute ride in the Madison for the Assos team
>> but to his disappointment they did not last too long before retiring.

> I thought it Steve and Andrew from LeTour were riding for Assos? Maybe I
> have my teams mixed up?

No you are correct Assos was supposed to be Stevie and Andrew. Alex was a
last minute subtitute for Andrew. Strangely enough Alex had bought with him
to VA that night a pair of Assos socks that exactly matched the Assos
cowprint jersey that their team wore in the Madision. Karma???

>> Was a good night of racing. Only complaint was that we, the riders,
>> could not hear the names of who was getting called out in the elimination
>> so it was a bit of guesswork, honesty and confusion there.

> Really? I always wondered about that in previous meetings but the correct
> rider always seemed to leave eventually so I figured you guys must be able
> to hear it.

In the past hearing the P.A. system out on the track has not been a problem
but on saturday night I think the configuration was a little different.
When I was up in the stands the sound, for a change, was pretty good and out
in the centre it was good as well. One day they will get it right for
everybody.

Geoff

Geoff said:
The Madison was an exciting affair with the NSWIS team having to work hard
to cover the attacks of the VIS team who tried hard to take a laps but never
quite succeeded.
My mate Alex scored a last minute ride in the Madison for the Assos team but
to his disappointment they did not last too long before retiring.

Was a good night of racing. Only complaint was that we, the riders, could
not hear the names of who was getting called out in the elimination so it
was a bit of guesswork, honesty and confusion there.

Geoff

It was a great night of racing - sorry I didnt *see* you Geoff! Must have been talking too much hehehe. The Madison was excellent - some exciting racing and for the first time I was able to follow it pretty much all the way thru.

It was a pity the VIS guys couldnt grab that extra lap but pretty awesome they could keep attacking as they did.

warrwych wrote:
> It was a great night of racing - sorry I didnt *see* you Geoff! Must
> have been talking too much hehehe. The Madison was excellent - some
> exciting racing and for the first time I was able to follow it pretty
> much all the way thru.
>
> It was a pity the VIS guys couldnt grab that extra lap but pretty
> awesome they could keep attacking as they did.

Hey! Where were you?

Thanks to Mick for the tickets, Bikesoiler and I had some pretty good
seats down low. The good seats plus feeling quite tired was a perfect
excuse for me to stay put. I usually walk around trying to get different
angles for my shots but I couldn't be arsed that night so I didn't see
anyone in the crowd.

hippy