FA: 21" 53.5cm Sirius Track Racing Frame 531C

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ian Yates, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Ian Yates

    Ian Yates Guest

    Visit this URL:
    http://tinyurl.com/279uk

    Offered for sale is a custom made Sirius 21inch (53.5cm centre-to-top) 700c fixed wheel Track Racing
    Frame made in 1999 from Reynolds 531C. Built to suit the UKs wooden indoor tracks.

    Finished in Royal Blue stove enamel.

    This frame is in A1 condition.

    Seat tube is 53.5cm (centre-to-top) Rear dropout width is 120mm 285mm bottom bracket height. For
    banking clearance. Clearance for 700C x 22mm tubular tyres Cast horizontal track ends Everest
    investment 'cast racing' lugs Everest Semi Sloping Crown fork crown 1" threaded head tube and
    steerer Seat pillar size - 26.8mm (not included).
    28.6mm Down tube diameter
    29.6mm Seat tube diameter
    30.4mm top tude diameter Low temperature Silver soldered/brazed throughout Fork crown drilled for
    brake Low stack height Odyssey headset in blue. Smooth running with no damage. Honesty is the
    best policy: there is a small dent on the toptube were the handlebars have whipped round and
    smacked it once when the bike fell over. The frame hasnt been crashed. See the picture.

    No Reserve.

    Thanks, Ian Yates

    Tags:

  2. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    Ian Yates wrote:
    > Visit this URL: http://tinyurl.com/279uk
    >
    > Offered for sale is a custom made Sirius 21inch (53.5cm centre-to-top) 700c fixed wheel Track
    > Racing Frame made in 1999 from Reynolds 531C. Built to suit the UKs wooden indoor tracks.
    >
    > Finished in Royal Blue stove enamel.
    >
    > This frame is in A1 condition.
    >
    > Seat tube is 53.5cm (centre-to-top) Rear dropout width is 120mm 285mm bottom bracket height. For
    > banking clearance. Clearance for 700C x 22mm tubular tyres Cast horizontal track ends Everest
    > investment 'cast racing' lugs Everest Semi Sloping Crown fork crown 1" threaded head tube and
    > steerer Seat pillar size - 26.8mm (not included).
    > 28.6mm Down tube diameter
    > 28.6mm Seat tube diameter
    > 25.4mm top tude diameter Low temperature Silver soldered/brazed throughout Fork crown drilled for
    > brake Low stack height Odyssey headset in blue. Smooth running with no damage. Honesty is the
    > best policy: there is a small dent on the toptube were the handlebars have whipped round and
    > smacked it once when the bike fell over. The frame hasnt been crashed. See the picture.
    >
    > No Reserve.
    >

    > Thanks, Ian Yates

    what's the largest tyre you can get in the f&f 30mm?

    --
    Pete

    interchange 12 for 21 to reply

  3. Ian Yates

    Ian Yates Guest

    Question asked by Pete
    > what's the largest tyre you can get in the f&f 30mm?

    Huge snip of my first post....
    > > Clearance for 700C x 22mm tubular tyres

    So in answer to Pete's question.... After measuring the frame I can confirm my posting that 22mm
    track tubs fit fine. You might get 25mm tyres in but I wouldnt risk it in the fork. In the rear you
    can just shove the wheel back for more clearance.

    Ian

  4. Jym Dyer

    Jym Dyer Guest

    =x= The whole point of rec.bicycles.marketplace is to keep sales and auctions in that newsgroup, NOT
    in others. By cross-posting to other newsgroups, you put unwelcomed spam in them. <_Jym_

  5. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    Ian Yates wrote:
    > Question asked by Pete
    >
    >>what's the largest tyre you can get in the f&f 30mm?
    >

    > Huge snip of my first post....
    >
    >>>Clearance for 700C x 22mm tubular tyres
    >>

    > So in answer to Pete's question.... After measuring the frame I can confirm my posting that 22mm
    > track tubs fit fine. You might get 25mm tyres in but I wouldnt risk it in the fork. In the rear
    > you can just shove the wheel back for more clearance.
    >
    > Ian

    OK, so not enough clearance for grass-track

    thanks

    --
    Pete

    interchange 12 for 21 to reply

  6. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Jym Dyer wrote:
    > =x= The whole point of rec.bicycles.marketplace is to keep sales and auctions in that newsgroup,
    > NOT in others. By cross-posting to other newsgroups, you put unwelcomed spam in them.

    Ironically, you x-posted your reply to uk.rec.cycling - a group where private adverstising is
    accepted and complaints about them are unwelcome.

    ~PB