FA: 54cm Fixed gear 700c Road frame

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ian Yates, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Ian Yates

    Ian Yates Guest

    Offered for sale is a 54cm (centre-to-top) 700c Fixed wheel frame custom made in 2001 from Columbus
    SP. Would make an excellent 'Courier' type bike. This frame is in A1 condition. It was built as a
    Fixed Gear tourer. To many custom features to mention

    Seat tube is 54cm (centre-to-top) Top tube is 56cm (centre-to-centre) Rear dropout width is 135mm
    275mm bottom bracket heigh. Clearance for 700C x 32mm wheels (mudguard eyes in rear dropout and
    halfway up fork -to avoid disk brake) LS Cast horizontal track ends Everest investment 'cast racing'
    lugs Everest Uni-Crown fork crown Disk brake specific fork to suit 155-160mm disk. With braze on
    HOPE Remote Reservoir on right blade. Cantilever/V-Brake braze ons on the seat stays. Dynamo braze
    on on the left fork blade 3 top tube cable guides on top of top tube (offset to left of tube) Bottle
    cage bosses on seat tube. 1" AHead size head tube and steerer Seat pillar size - 26.8mm (not
    included).
    31.8mm down tube diameter
    32.6mm Seat tube diameter
    33.4mm top tude diameter Low temperature Silver soldered/brazed throughout Hidden rear mudguard
    fixing points at chainstay and seatstay bridge (no external bridges needed) Double eyelets on
    front fork ends No Reserve.

    Thanks, Ian Yates Blackburn CTC

    Tags:

  2. Steve French

    Steve French Guest

  3. Ian Yates

    Ian Yates Guest

    Steve,

    > After digging on EBAY I found it at:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3633037169&category=7298 Yes. Sorry I forgot
    the link...

    > Now can someone tell me what a courier type bike is???
    > > 'Courier' type bike.
    Well, I had the frame made as something I could use when I work in London (about 10 days a month),
    and also ride on Sunday clubruns in the Yorkshire Dales at weekend.

    > Also why would you have a disk brake on the front and V brakes on the rear? Has it got something
    > to do with it being fixed gear?
    Front disk for its all weather great stopping power. I use a Hope XC4 155mm disk brake which is very
    light but also very powerful. This is superb in towns as well as on green lanes on a Sunday. The
    rear brake has to be a cantilever as the wheel moves backwards and forwards to get chain tension.

    Hope that helps - happy bidding, Ian

  4. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    [email protected] (Steve French) writes:

    > After digging on EBAY I found it at:
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3633037169&category=7298
    >
    > Now can someone tell me what a courier type bike is???
    > > 'Courier' type bike.
    >
    > Also why would you have a disk brake on the front and V brakes on the rear? Has it got something
    > to do with it being fixed gear?

    Most of the stopping is done by the front brake, and, indeed, the harder you stop, the less work
    gets done by the back. So if you're going to have one brake more powerful than the other it makes
    sense to put it on the front.

    Wise man with foot in mouth use opportunity to clean toes.
    ;; the Worlock

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Ian Yates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Front disk for its all weather great stopping power. I use a Hope XC4 155mm disk brake which is
    > very light but also very powerful. This is superb in towns as well as on green lanes on a Sunday.
    > The rear brake has to be a cantilever as the wheel moves backwards and forwards to get chain
    > tension.

    Mmmm, just look at those front dropout angles. No lawyer lips neither. Have you read James
    Annan's stuff?

    cheers, clive