FA: 62cm Titanium frame

> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2311108818
>
> Thanks to the sharp eyed one called Tony, the main picture is now corrected (flipped back and then
> rotated properly. Doh!!). Have another visit if you were put off by its extra weirrrrrrd looks!
>
> --
> ~PB FA: 62cm Ti frame: http://tinyurl.com/6stt

aghhhh so tempting when you say you changed for the next size down how long are your legs, as i dont
want to have the same thing happen to me.

cheers Michael

Michael Kent wrote:

>>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2311108818

> aghhhh so tempting when you say you changed for the next size down how long are your legs, as i
> dont want to have the same thing happen to me.

My inside leg is about 35" (straight leg, floor to crotch). There was some stand-over clearance for
me (not a lot but enough). It was the top tube length (59cm) that put me off more. After injury, I
found I wanted a slightly more upright position than this frame could provide with any
sensible-length stem. (I'm 6' 1.5" to 6' 2"). The seat angle also plays a part in the equation -
although I don't know what it measures (sorry).

I'm wary about advising on who the frame would be suitable for because different people like
different riding positions and have different ideas about correct fit. All I can do is explain how
big it is then: caveat emptor.

However, it's fair to say, that it's unusually tall for it's length (I think). This is particularly
handy for lankiest of geezers/geezerettes who might otherwise have trouble getting the bars and
saddle high enough without resorting to extreme measures. But (and of course I am concerned about
putting off shorter people...) you don't really need much clearance in practice for road cycling.
The modern trend for smaller and compact frames is largely due to fashion and marketing. Anyway, the
ovalised top tube should reduce gonad squashage if you do ever land on it! :)

If frame /does/ turn out to be too big for the buyer, it's not thaaaat terrible to rebuild bike
again and flog frame - like wot I is doing.

--
~PB FA: 62cm Ti frame: http://tinyurl.com/6stt