FA: Lightning P-38 recumbent and F-40 full-fairing kit

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Tom Smith, May 2, 2004.

  1. Tom Smith

    Tom Smith Guest

    I have a XL-size 1998 Lightning P-38 recumbent as well as an F-40
    full-fairing kit available on eBay. (The F-40 kit converts this P-38
    or any L/XL size P-38 to a fully-faired speed machine.) If you use the
    "Buy It Now" option for both items, you can purchase a very nice
    condition fully-faired Lighting F-40 for a fraction of the price of a
    new one (currently around $5300, I believe). This is an extremely fast
    setup (and that's no exaggeration).

    See:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3675588673&rd=1

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3675588823&rd=1

    Thanks,

    Tom Smith
    DeKalb, IL

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Tom Smith wrote:

    > I have a XL-size 1998 Lightning P-38 recumbent as well as an F-40
    > full-fairing kit available on eBay. (The F-40 kit converts this P-38
    > or any L/XL size P-38 to a fully-faired speed machine.) If you use the
    > "Buy It Now" option for both items, you can purchase a very nice
    > condition fully-faired Lighting F-40 for a fraction of the price of a
    > new one (currently around $5300, I believe). This is an extremely fast
    > setup (and that's no exaggeration).

    This bike is fast enough to outrun dogs and to torture non-fully-faired
    cyclists.

    --
    Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

  3. Tom Smith

    Tom Smith Guest

    Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote

    > This bike is fast enough to outrun dogs and to torture non-fully-faired
    > cyclists.

    Tom, the F-40 is fast enough to torture Sunset lowracers (and
    high-racers and bodysockers, too).

    Tom Smith
    DeKalb, IL