FA: New Chris King Open Pro 700C Wheelset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David Ornee, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. David Ornee

    David Ornee Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36144&item=2718433543 New 700C Clincher
    Wheels 32 spokes, hand built with: New Chris King Classic Front Hub- Lightweight Design: Front hub
    uses light alloy 19.5 mm diameter axle. Sealed cartridge bearings. Hub Shell cold forged/aluminum.
    Shimano 8/9 speed compatible New Chris King Rear Freehub - Lightweight alloy 19.5 mm diameter axle
    and Aluminum alloy freewheel body. RingDriveT uses 72 engagement teeth on each drive ring. That
    means the hub engages over 3 times quicker than the standard 24-tooth pawl-type freehub. This unique
    design offers instant and positive engagement that's capable of handling a torque load of over
    800ft/lbs, or over three times more than most other high end hubs. Other unique features include
    Chris King's ultra stiff 19.5mm constant diameter axle (through the bearings to the dropouts), Chris
    King's time tested and proven bearings. All Chris King hubs are easily adjustable and simple to work
    on, requiring only two hex wrenches and a penknife for regular maintenance. New Open Pro Silver SUP
    UB Maxtal 32 double stainless eyelets. UB CONTROL Benefits: - Efficient braking: higher coefficient.
    - Smooth joint to prevent shuddering when braking. MAXTAL Benefits: - At equal weight, a Maxtal rim
    is 30 % stronger than a 6106. Clincher tire compatible

    3 cross DT 14/15 Competition butted spokes. These spokes are made using a specially developed method
    of cold forging. This butting process is similar to the process used to make anti-fatigue bolts in
    the machine industry. DT Plated Brass nipples used throughout. Wheelsmith DB 14/16 3 cross spokes
    used on left side of rear wheel.

    I built the wheels. I build wheels as a hobby. I sell them because I want more money for the hobby.
    They are number 202 & 203 of wheels I have built. They are new, just completed them about 1 week
    ago. They are built with new components that I received in the last 3 months.

    They are absolutely new and never ridden. They are Spoke Aligned, true, round, centered, tension
    balanced, and stress relieved.

    Front wheel calculated weight is 778 grams, per weights listed on Chris King, Mavic, and DT web
    sites. Rear wheel calculated weight is 918 grams, per weights listed on Chris King, Mavic, and DT
    and Damon Rinard web sites.

    Tags:

  2. David Ornee

    David Ornee Guest

    Sorry............. I meant to post to RBM "David Ornee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36144&item=2718433543
    > New 700C Clincher Wheels 32 spokes, hand built with: New Chris King Classic Front Hub- Lightweight
    > Design: Front hub uses light alloy 19.5 mm diameter axle. Sealed cartridge bearings. Hub Shell
    > cold forged/aluminum. Shimano 8/9 speed compatible New Chris King Rear Freehub - Lightweight alloy
    > 19.5 mm diameter axle and Aluminum alloy freewheel body. RingDriveT uses 72 engagement teeth on
    > each drive ring. That means the hub engages over 3 times quicker than the standard 24-tooth
    > pawl-type freehub. This unique design offers instant and positive engagement that's capable
    of
    > handling a torque load of over 800ft/lbs, or over three times more than
    most
    > other high end hubs. Other unique features include Chris King's ultra stiff 19.5mm constant
    > diameter axle (through the bearings to the dropouts), Chris King's time tested and proven
    > bearings. All Chris King hubs are easily adjustable and simple to work on, requiring only two hex
    > wrenches and a penknife for regular maintenance. New Open Pro Silver SUP UB Maxtal 32 double
    > stainless eyelets. UB CONTROL Benefits: - Efficient braking: higher coefficient. - Smooth
    joint
    > to prevent shuddering when braking. MAXTAL Benefits: - At equal weight, a Maxtal rim is 30 %
    > stronger than a 6106. Clincher tire compatible
    >
    > 3 cross DT 14/15 Competition butted spokes. These spokes are made using a specially developed
    > method of cold forging. This butting process is
    similar
    > to the process used to make anti-fatigue bolts in the machine industry. DT Plated Brass nipples
    > used throughout. Wheelsmith DB 14/16 3 cross spokes used on left side of rear wheel.
    >
    > I built the wheels. I build wheels as a hobby. I sell them because I want more money for the
    > hobby. They are number 202 & 203 of wheels I have built. They are new, just completed them about 1
    > week ago. They are built with new components that I received in the last 3 months.
    >
    > They are absolutely new and never ridden. They are Spoke Aligned, true, round, centered, tension
    > balanced, and
    stress
    > relieved.
    >
    > Front wheel calculated weight is 778 grams, per weights listed on Chris King, Mavic, and DT web
    > sites. Rear wheel calculated weight is 918 grams, per weights listed on Chris
    King,
    > Mavic, and DT and Damon Rinard web sites.

  3. dornee-<< Sorry............. I meant to post to RBM

    you did post to marketplace as well......