FA:New Shimano XTR Mavic F519 MTB Wheelset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David Ornee, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Ornee

David Ornee Guest

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36143&item=2717345754 New 26" MTB Silver
    Wheels 32 spoke, hand built with: New Mavic F519 Freeride rims Strength: wide profile Maxtal rim of
    24.5 mm width. The braking surface is machined to provide instant smooth braking action. Eyelets at
    rim to nipple interface to distribute load at rim wall. This assures long life. New Shimano XTR
    Front Hub - HB-M950 Borozon Treated Races: Diamond polished bearing races provide ultra-smooth
    bearing action. Stainless Steel Ball Bearings. Double Contact Seals: Shuts out water, dust, and mud
    from the hub bearing. Oversize Light Alloy Axle: 11mm light alloy axle maintains strength without
    added weight. New Shimano XTR Rear 8 or 9 speed Freehub - FH-M950 Titanium Construction: Axle and
    freewheel body made from titanium to reduce weight. XTR front and rear QRs included.

3 cross New Wheelsmith 14/16 double-butted spokes. These spokes are made using a specially developed
    method of cold forging. This butting process is similar to the process used to make anti-fatigue
    bolts in the machine industry. New DT Brass nipples used throughout.

These wheels are for rim brakes only.

Front wheel calculated weight 854 g Rear wheel calculated weight 1,035 g

I built the wheels. I build wheels as a hobby. I sell them because I want more money for the
    hobby. They are number 205 & 206 of wheels I have built. Built following techniques in "the
    Bicycle Wheel" by Jobst Brandt. They are new, just completed them about 1 week ago. They are built
    with new components that I received in the last 3 months. They are absolutely new and never
    ridden. They are spoke aligned, true, round, centered, tension balanced, and stress relieved. All
    spoke wind-up is removed.

Tags:

2. David Ornee

David Ornee Guest

Sorry............ I meant to post to RBM "David Ornee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36143&item=2717345754
    > New 26" MTB Silver Wheels 32 spoke, hand built with: New Mavic F519 Freeride rims Strength: wide
    > profile Maxtal rim of 24.5 mm width. The braking surface is machined to provide instant smooth
    > braking action. Eyelets at rim to nipple interface to distribute load at rim wall. This assures
    > long life. New Shimano XTR Front Hub - HB-M950 Borozon Treated Races: Diamond
    polished
    > bearing races provide ultra-smooth bearing action. Stainless Steel Ball Bearings. Double Contact
    > Seals: Shuts out water, dust, and mud from the hub bearing. Oversize Light Alloy Axle: 11mm light
    > alloy axle maintains strength
    without
    > added weight. New Shimano XTR Rear 8 or 9 speed Freehub - FH-M950 Titanium Construction: Axle and
    > freewheel body made from titanium to reduce weight. XTR front and rear QRs included.
    >
    > 3 cross New Wheelsmith 14/16 double-butted spokes. These spokes are made using a specially
    > developed method of cold forging. This butting process is similar to the process used to make
    > anti-fatigue bolts in the machine industry. New DT Brass nipples used throughout.
    >
    > These wheels are for rim brakes only.
    >
    > Front wheel calculated weight 854 g Rear wheel calculated weight 1,035 g
    >
    > I built the wheels. I build wheels as a hobby. I sell them because I want more money for the
    > hobby. They are number 205 & 206 of wheels I have built. Built following techniques in "the
    > Bicycle Wheel" by Jobst Brandt. They are new, just completed them about 1 week ago. They are built
    > with new components that I received in the last 3 months. They are absolutely new and never
    > ridden. They are spoke aligned, true, round, centered, tension balanced, and
    stress
    > relieved. All spoke wind-up is removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.