FA: Road and ATB Carbon Goodies, Thompson, Hope, FSA

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Jordan Hukee, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. Jordan Hukee

    Jordan Hukee Guest

    All items starting at $15, detailed descriptions on eBay:

    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ(funkymonkey)QQhtZ-1

    XTR Front Derailleur, NIB, FD-M960 Top Swing, 31.8mm clamp
    Thompson Elite post, Take-off/new, 31.6 x 350mm, Black
    Thompson Elite X4 stem, Take-off/new, 100mm x 0deg, Black
    Selle Italia Signo Genuine Gel saddle, Take-off/new, Black with silver
    FSA K-Force seatpost, 25mm setback, 3 rides only (mark where clamped near
    Max Height) 29.4 x 350mm
    FSA K-Force handlebar, Take-off/new, 31.8x420mm (c to c)
    Zeus Zeta Carbon handlebar, used in good condition, 31.8mmx420mm (c to c)
    Zeus Zarpa Carbon stem, used in good condition, 120mm x 31.8mm clamp
    Hope Mono M4 alloy/steel brake rotors, used in good condition, black, 160mm
    Sixsixone 4x4 knee/shin guards, 2006 version, worn once, Medium

    Thanks for looking,

    Jordan

    Tags:

  2. Brian Walker

    Brian Walker Guest

    FA: Road and ATB Carbon Goodies, Thompson, Hope, FSAJordon,

    I'm not sure what your reasons were to ending two of your auctions early
    (the two I was most interested in...7224467121 & 7224471887), but I have to
    say it was pretty crappy to do that. It's one thing to sell items on a
    forsale newsgroup and decide later to sell locally or just not sell at all.
    It's completely different when you list your eBay auctions on a forsale
    newsgroup, then when people begin bidding on the items, to just pull the
    auction.

    I've bought quite a few items off this newsgroup from people and from their
    auctions which were posted here over the years. People who have done
    business with me (buying and selling) know that if I agree to buy an item,
    then I follow through. The same goes for if I say something is for sale, I
    follow through and sell it as agreed.

    I have to ask, if I bid on an item you have auctioned and then NOT followed
    through with the auction, wouldn't you be pissed? Wouldn't you leave
    negative feedback and report it to eBay? Running auctions and then pulling
    them (for whatever reason) wastes everyone's time and doing it too often
    leads to a bad reputation.

    I just thought I'd let you know.

    Brian

    "Jordan Hukee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:C030F4BB.8FD6%[email protected]
[...]

  3. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...

    >FA: Road and ATB Carbon Goodies, Thompson, Hope, FSAJordon,
    >
    >I'm not sure what your reasons were to ending two of your auctions early
    >(the two I was most interested in...7224467121 & 7224471887), but I have to
    >say it was pretty crappy to do that. It's one thing to sell items on a
    >forsale newsgroup and decide later to sell locally or just not sell at all.
    >It's completely different when you list your eBay auctions on a forsale
    >newsgroup, then when people begin bidding on the items, to just pull the
    >auction.

    It's really stupid when that happens. How would the seller like it if you
    bid high and then cancel your bid because you found the item cheaper elsewhere?
    Ebay should not allow this type of one sided behavior.

    >I've bought quite a few items off this newsgroup from people and from their
    >auctions which were posted here over the years. People who have done
    >business with me (buying and selling) know that if I agree to buy an item,
    >then I follow through. The same goes for if I say something is for sale, I
    >follow through and sell it as agreed.

    Unfortunately not everyone sees things the same way.

    >I have to ask, if I bid on an item you have auctioned and then NOT followed
    >through with the auction, wouldn't you be pissed? Wouldn't you leave
    >negative feedback and report it to eBay? Running auctions and then pulling
    >them (for whatever reason) wastes everyone's time and doing it too often
    >leads to a bad reputation.

    I say just avoid this person altogether.
    Alex