FA: Sealskinz waterproof gloves (M)

Just got a pair for 50p...

(local charity shop)

cheers, clive

Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend any newsgroups or online forums on sports/activities other than cycling where
> I could advertise these gloves (which are not just designed for cycling)?
I would suggest putting them on the small ads section on the Audax UK[1] website - the sort of
weather we've been having recently, someone's bound to be interested. I'm in the market for some
decent waterproof gloves, but I'm more 'XL' than 'M' (big hands ...).

Otherwise, hit Google for online fora for walkers and the like. Might also be a good idea to give
a more reliable indication of size - I believe that the width of the palm is standard for glove
measurements.

Simon

[1] - http://www.audax.uk.net/smallads/ - AUK membership is not a requisite.
--
Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "Perl is the ideal tool for
the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and dance than spend longer than they need to at work ..."

Simon Ward wrote:
> I would suggest putting them on the small ads section on the Audax UK[1] website - the sort of
> weather we've been having recently, someone's bound to be interested. I'm in the market for some
> decent waterproof gloves, but I'm more 'XL' than 'M' (big hands ...). Otherwise, hit Google for
> online fora for walkers and the like.

Thanks, I'll have a browse.

> Might also be a good idea to give a more reliable indication of size

I was worried about misleading anyone, so deliberately went with a minimal description (for once),
leaving the onus on the buyer to research the sizes or take a chance.

> - I believe that the width of the palm is standard for glove measurements.

Dumb question: Where abouts? Widest point? Including thumbs? Trouble is, these gloves are designed
to stretch, so I'm not sure potential buyers would get the right idea from a measurement.

FWIW, I usually take size L gloves - at least for non-cycling ordinary winter gloves, but found the
Sealskinz L's too large. I thought the M's would be just about ok but found them too restrictive
after a while. Like in the Sealskinz socks, the membrane does make them a bit stiff and restricts
the amount of stretch.

For those interested people of a cheeky disposition, you could try them on for size at Half***s then
get mine cheaper. I recommend wearing them in conjunction with another pair of gloves (over or
under) for the coldest weather.

~PB

Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

>> - I believe that the width of the palm is standard for glove measurements.
>
> Dumb question: Where abouts? Widest point? Including thumbs?
Widest point, generally. I measure over my knuckles but *don't* include the thumb. I work on the
principle that if I don't have to grunt and heave to get the glove on then it's a good fit. An
alternative is to measure around your hand at the base of your thumb, but don't measure around the
thumb itself.

> I recommend wearing them in conjunction with another pair of gloves (over or under) for the
> coldest weather.
I use Mountain Equipment glove liners for that. They're the business, even if they're not
waterproof.

Simon