Fabian Cancellara

On Feb 23, 8:00 pm, dave a <[email protected]> wrote:

>> FC better be ready to throw down some serious **** at that Tour day
>> Swiss thing.

Maybe he will end up riding for the Schleck brothers that week.

I don't know if High Road is doing that one or the Dauphine, but
I'd like to see Kim Kirchen do it to him.

rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
> Works for TK.

Whats the difference between gay liberal and liberal gay ?

Michael Press wrote:
> Yeah, but he's really _good_ at sucking wheel. He had to be a stealth
> wheel sucker to hide it from the rest of the team who were trying to get
> his team mate the win.

I thought Evans was alleged to have won the remora jersey last year.

Personally I'd say it takes some talent or good orange juice to suck
Rasmussen or Contadors wheels up those climbs. If it was easy lots more
people would be doing it.

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> jean-yves hervé wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, that? Well, *I* had completely forgotten about it. Why did you
> >> have to inject facts into this thread? If I say you're gay and a
> >> liberal, am I allowed to act as if your post never happened?

> rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
> > Works for TK.

> Whats the difference between gay liberal and liberal gay ?

Gay liberal would tend to imply that some liberals are not gay. Liberal
gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.

jyh.

On Feb 23, 6:56 pm, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > What the hell is going on with him? He manages to lose only 19 seconds
> > to Levi on the hardest stage, and then falls apart against the clock.
> > With a chance to win the Tour of California, he has failed badly.

> >             Andre

> Quote from Fabian post stage 5
>
> "For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
> For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
> and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
> to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
> and Roubaix on my head."

At this time of the year that makes sense to me. Given the fact that
Levi is excluded from Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico, the TOC is
like his only goal during spring. I suppose no Walloon classics for
him neither. So what's left? Some one week stage races in Spain?
Cancellara main goal will always be Flanders & Roubaix. If you're at
100% of your capabilities now, you're past the top for Flanders &
Roubaix. So it seems logical to lose this TT, although i really
didn't expect this.

Davey Crockett wrote:
> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.

Circa Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:56:08 -0500, jean-yves hervé
<[email protected]> typed:

>Cancellara won the prologue and one stage, and wore the Yellow Jersey
>for seven days. Leipheimer sucked wheel for 3 weeks. Can you remember
>a single thing that he did during the whole race? ...

I vividly recall him hanging onto the team car in Stage 8.

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> jean-yves hervÃf© a écrit profondement:
>> |
>> | Gay liberal would tend to imply that some liberals are not gay.
>> Liberal
>> | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.

> Davey Crockett wrote:
>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

> Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.

You queers never give up do you?

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in news:13s351a907nn0d1
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> Liberal

>> Davey Crockett wrote:
>>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

>> Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.

> You queers never give up do you?

Any all-volunteer army will be highly motivated.

Semper durus!

--
Bill Asher

In article <[email protected]>, William Asher <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in news:13s351a907nn0d1
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
> > "Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.

> > You queers never give up do you?

> Any all-volunteer army will be highly motivated.

How about 'super motivated'?

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Davey Crockett wrote:
> jean-yves hervé a écrit profondement:
> |
> | Gay liberal would tend to imply that some liberals are not gay. Liberal
> | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
> |
> | jyh.
>
> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

Are you Gertrude Stein.

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Davey Crockett wrote:
>> Liberal | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
>>
>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

> Are you Gertrude Stein.

Are you Alice B. Toklas?

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Davey Crockett wrote:
>>> Liberal | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
>>>
>>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

>> Are you Gertrude Stein.

> Are you Alice B. Toklas?

The only reference I'm aware of is:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063115/

I guess I'm flattered, but in a really creepy sort of way.

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Are you Gertrude Stein.

>> Are you Alice B. Toklas?
>>

> The only reference I'm aware of is:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063115/
>
> I guess I'm flattered, but in a really creepy sort of way.

Alice was Gertrude Stein's live-in lover in Paris.

In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
wrote:

> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Davey Crockett wrote:
> >> Liberal | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
> >>
> >> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

> > Are you Gertrude Stein.

> Are you Alice B. Toklas?

(Well, sometimes you just have to do it Kunich style (sorry for that image, Bob).)

Are you Tom B. Dickless?

--

Dave wrote:
> Andre wrote:

>> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.

> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> /dave a

Last month, Leipheimer would probably have said the ToC was in his top 5
most important races of the year. A few days before the start, he was
disinvited to 3 of the other 4, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the
D-Tour snub his team as well.

Most important race? Hell it might be his last race of any importance
at all; no way Cancellara is going to have that kind of motivation in
California... he's got a full plate in the next few months.

Geraard Spergen wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Andre wrote:

>>> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.

>> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
>> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to
>> Fatboy Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>>
>> /dave a

> Last month, Leipheimer would probably have said the ToC was in his top 5
> most important races of the year. A few days before the start, he was
> disinvited to 3 of the other 4, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the
> D-Tour snub his team as well.
>
> Most important race? Hell it might be his last race of any importance
> at all; no way Cancellara is going to have that kind of motivation in
> California... he's got a full plate in the next few months.

So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
fifth? Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
up in fifth place anyway.

I say ********. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

/dave a

dave a wrote:
> Yes, he beat Dave Z. That's my point, if he wasn't really trying he
> wouldn't have placed fifth. Levi slapped him a good one despite his best
> efforts.

How many times has Leipheimer won the world TT championships ?