Fabian Cancellara

On Feb 25, 9:45 am, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> dave a wrote:
> > Yes, he beat Dave Z.  That's my point, if he wasn't really trying he
> > wouldn't have placed fifth.  Levi slapped him a good one despite his best
> > efforts.

> How many times has Leipheimer won the world TT championships ?

I don't go so much for strict categorizing, but if we pretend for a
moment, I think the argument runs like this:
`
Leipheimer is primarily a GC guy.
Cancellara is primarily a TT guy.

Cancellara didn't beat Leipheimer in the GC.
Leipheimer did beat Cancellara in the TT.

Therefore, Cancellara is lame.

dave a wrote:

> I say ********. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

So you believe that FC and LL were equally motivated to win, and you
believe that the TTWC should win every TT he enters... got it.

I believe you got some kind of unrelated grudge against Cancellara.

dave a wrote:

> So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
> motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> fifth? Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> up in fifth place anyway.
>
> I say ********. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

Fanboi,

Cancellara already showed them who's boss in the prologue. Since then
he's been training at a reasonable pace to be ready for important races.

Geraard Spergen wrote:
> So you believe that FC and LL were equally motivated to win, and you
> believe that the TTWC should win every TT he enters... got it.
>
> I believe you got some kind of unrelated grudge against Cancellara.

I've got a grudge against Cancellara. He gets all the podium girls.

In article <[email protected]>,
dave a <[email protected]> wrote:

> Geraard Spergen wrote:
> > Dave wrote:

> >> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> >> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to
> >> Fatboy Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
> >>
> >> /dave a

> > Last month, Leipheimer would probably have said the ToC was in his top 5
> > most important races of the year. A few days before the start, he was
> > disinvited to 3 of the other 4, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the
> > D-Tour snub his team as well.
> >
> > Most important race? Hell it might be his last race of any importance
> > at all; no way Cancellara is going to have that kind of motivation in
> > California... he's got a full plate in the next few months.

> So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
> motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> fifth? Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> up in fifth place anyway.
>
> I say ********. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

I am supermotivated to watch him this season.

--
Michael Press

On Feb 25, 10:01 am, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

> Cancellara didn't beat Leipheimer in the GC.
> Leipheimer did beat Cancellara in the TT.
>
> Therefore, Cancellara is lame.

There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
Switzerland, then Cancellara would have beat Leipheimer
by 38.7 sec.

You can't argue math.

On Feb 25, 2:02 pm, Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
> dave a wrote:
> > So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
> > motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> > fifth?  Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> > up in fifth place anyway.

> > I say ********.  He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z..
> > who was boss in the TT.  He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> > Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse.  No class.

> Fanboi,
>
> Cancellara already showed them who's boss in the prologue. Since then
> he's been training at a reasonable pace to be ready for important races.

What doesn't make sense is that if he was only "training at a
reasonable pace", why did he only lose 19 seconds on the toughest
stage? He was going all out man! I believe he just wasn't fully
recuperated from that cold rainy stage and therefore lost the TT. The
excuses he made were still stupid. He'll still probably win the TDF
prologue anyway. C'est drole non?

Andre

On Feb 25, 2:32 pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Feb 25, 10:01 am, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Cancellara didn't beat Leipheimer in the GC.
> > Leipheimer did beat Cancellara in the TT.

> > Therefore, Cancellara is lame.

> There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
> Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
> Switzerland, then Cancellara  would have beat Leipheimer
> by 38.7 sec.
>
> You can't argue math.

In rbr, numbers are facts.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> message news:[email protected]...

>>> Are you Alice B. Toklas?
>>>

>> The only reference I'm aware of is:
>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063115/
>>
>> I guess I'm flattered, but in a really creepy sort of way.

> Alice was Gertrude Stein's live-in lover in Paris.

I thought you were professing your undying love for me. Now I'm
heartbroken. You cad!

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Are you Gertrude Stein.

>> Are you Alice B. Toklas?

> (Well, sometimes you just have to do it Kunich style (sorry for that image, Bob).)
>
> Are you Tom B. Dickless?

You leave him alone!

Tom's the kind of sensitive guy that can name Gertrude Stein's lovers at
the drop of a hat! Right off the top of his (presumably hatless) head.

<swoon!>

What a studmuffin!

You get away!

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> In rbr, numbers are facts.

13 > 12

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> Why do you hate the ToC!?

Because he's a gay liberal or a liberal gay, I've forgotten which one is
worse.

On Feb 25, 5:32 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2:32 pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
> > Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
> > Switzerland, then Cancellara  would have beat Leipheimer
> > by 38.7 sec.

> > You can't argue math.

> In rbr, numbers are facts.

"Facts are stupid things."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Michael Press wrote:
> I am supermotivated to watch him this season.

Pound would give up in disgust. Even the cycling fans need performance
enhancement.

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
> > <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Are you Alice B. Toklas?

> > (Well, sometimes you just have to do it Kunich style (sorry for that
> > image, Bob).)
> >
> > Are you Tom B. Dickless?
> >

> You leave him alone!
>
> Tom's the kind of sensitive guy that can name Gertrude Stein's lovers at
> the drop of a hat! Right off the top of his (presumably hatless) head.

You think he knows what number "It's Raining Men" is on the jukebox off the top of
his head?

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

[email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 25, 5:32 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Feb 25, 2:32 pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
>>> Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
>>> Switzerland, then Cancellara would have beat Leipheimer
>>> by 38.7 sec.
>>> You can't argue math.

>> In rbr, numbers are facts.

> "Facts are stupid things."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Here's a fact. That isn't a Franklin quote, it's from R. Reagan

"Facts are stupid things." –at the 1988 Republican National Convention,
attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

How's that for stubborn?

/dave a

On Feb 25, 11:06 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > > You can't argue math.

> > In rbr, numbers are facts.

> "Facts are stupid things."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

"I'm looking at all of these [polls] and adding them up. I add up to a
Republican Senate and Republican House. You may end up with a
different math but you are entitled to your math and I'm entitled to
THE math."
-- Karl Rove, before the 2006 mid-term elections.

wrote:
> On Feb 25, 5:32 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 25, 2:32 pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > > There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
> > > Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
> > > Switzerland, then Cancellara  would have beat Leipheimer
> > > by 38.7 sec.

> > > You can't argue math.

> > In rbr, numbers are facts.

> "Facts are stupid things."
>         -- Benjamin Franklin

I've got your number.

dave a wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> On Feb 25, 5:32 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> In rbr, numbers are facts.

>> "Facts are stupid things."
>> -- Benjamin Franklin
>>

> Here's a fact. That isn't a Franklin quote, it's from R. Reagan
>
> "Facts are stupid things." –at the 1988 Republican National Convention,
> attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"
>
> How's that for stubborn?
>
> /dave a

Here's a fact: you should have lurked longer.